• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Drive-By Thread Derail
shaq_and_joe_exotic_.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
On ERA if you're praised but not damn near perfect, you're probably a piece of shit.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
He also has a wicked sense of humor. I love the Bill Simmons episodes where they talk about Shaq. It's such a joy.

When he was in Boston he randomly did this human statue thing in Cambridge, where a lot of street artists perform. And like... Shaq just did street art for an hour. And then hung around and took photos with people.

www.espn.com

Shaqtue in the Square: Celts star draws crowd

Shaqtue in the Square: Celtics star Shaquille O'Neal draws a crowd in Cambridge.

What a great Celtic legend.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been doing nice stuff for people since he got money in Orlando. Bringing in trucks of snow to kids who had never seen it. Buying the special vehicle for a handicapped lady. Too much to list.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shaq Fu legit rules.

I used to like that Shaq Vs show too, where he'd do things like do swim races against Michael Phelps or magic tricks with Penn & Teller.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
"Hey, this guys is cool, he's been doing some really nice things and stuff"
"He did this one thing, so no"

If we had to absolutely perfect in this world to be considered good people, there would be no good people in the world at all. JFC.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Fun guy.

I wanted to hug the dude when he was talking about Kobe's death in the Inside The NBA tribute show.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I was still excited to have him on the Celtics. After surviving through the 90s, he represented the exact type of player who would never want to sign with us.

Oh I didn't know Shaq played for other teams. Always thought it was weird he was such a star having only come off the bench for that Celtics squad.

Dec 29, 2017
Didn't even make it ten posts. This community is just drawn to negativity.

I saw Shaq at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical interference," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I just had to. LOL.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I met him while I was working on the set of Kazaam. He was still young and playing for Orlando. He was a big time prima donna then and pretty feisty. The joke on the set people used to say was "Kazaam an asshole". But he was always super cool with the kids on the set, he really loves hanging with kids. And yeah he's grown a lot since then and is genuinely a good guy.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
On ERA if you're praised but not damn near perfect, you're probably a piece of shit.
All members on ResetEra are verified.
All members are pure of heart and thought, not just at this exact moment but for all of their previous existence, including past reincarnations.
Any member who does not conform to a 100% perfection standard of ResetEra will be banished to the shadow realm.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
"Hey, this guys is cool, he's been doing some really nice things and stuff"
"He did this one thing, so no"

If we had to absolutely perfect in this world to be considered good people, there would be no good people in the world at all. JFC.
People really think humans are just black and white. We are a sum of wonderful times, Good times and bad times and absolute terrible times.
To think anyone is perfect is ridiculous. And it's always crazy to me how people look at people as good or bad in single instances when it's always a lot more complicated.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There's a profound difference between someone who victimizes others and someone who had a bad publicity moment.

Anyone here give a random child a computer? Yeah. I thought not. so hush.

Mar 30, 2019
All members on ResetEra are verified.
All members are pure of heart and thought, not just at this exact moment but for all of their previous existence, including past reincarnations.
Any member who does not conform to a 100% perfection standard of ResetEra will be banished to the shadow realm.
Those banished merely adopted the shadow realm.

I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see Era until I was a full grown cub, by then it was nothing to me but whiny!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Shaq has always had a big heart. Always nice to see in a mega athlete like himself. Sets a good examples for others in his position.

The anti-Jordan

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
He seems pretty nice.

His episode of Hot Ones was one of the most awkward episodes I've seen. He had to like prove he was a "real man" and ended up cheating to win a dumb game he made up during the show and as a result didn't lose his bet and donate to charity. It was pretty odd overall lol.

Again, he seems like a great guy but man that was weird to watch.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
He seems pretty nice.

His episode of Hot Ones was one of the most awkward episodes I've seen. He had to like prove he was a "real man" and ended up cheating to win a dumb game he made up during the show and as a result didn't lose his bet and donate to charity. It was pretty odd overall lol.

He's also a giant child in lot of ways lmao. Man is an interesting character.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Really love me some Dr.O'Neal. So fun in interviews, and really seems like he's a good human. He does nice stuff, treats a lot of people well. He also does a lot of good undercover, not publicized. He wants to help others, not just promote his brand or his name. Shaq can rub a lot of people the wrong way, because he's really direct sometimes when he talks and his humor is not for all. But at the end of the day he gives back, and we don't always know when he does.

People like Shaq really amaze me, he's so talented on all fronts. He was extremely dominant in his sport, he's a really charismatic guy with tons of great stories to tell. Seems to be really loyal to his friend, very respectful of the people who came before him in basketball.

Wish we had more celebrities that handled themselves like the big Aristotle.

He and Charles are amazing on Inside the NBA

Lmao, this show is the best. Shaq is really the best at egging Chuck on when he starts on his rants. And Charles is the best at poking Shaq and making him mad.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
He seems pretty nice.

source.gif