• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does it trending really matter in the grand scheme of things? There's been many things that trend are forgotten about even a day later.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Fuuck that, give us MK9. Way more deserving.

Shaolin Monks was cool and all but lets not get carried away.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I feel dumb, but when I read the thread title I thought of the show Xaolin Showdown and was confused that Boon had worked on a game for it.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
He's not brave enough to poll Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

But Shaolin Monks is a curious departure from the series, too. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly love to see Netherrealm tackle an action game similar to the God of War reboot, either as a spin-off of MK or a new IP. It'd be really interesting to see them branch out from the traditional fighting game genre. Doing a modern reboot of Shaolin Monks would definitely be a way to do that.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it will be coop, they may make something like God of War for all we know.

Coop is kinda half the fun of Shaolin Monks. Unless they call it "Shaolin Monk" i bet it will have coop :D also of course cutscenes as modern MK, and if you play solo you can choose characters in a similar fashion.

If they want God or War style, might as well make a new MK Mythologies :D

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I couldn't get into this game, but I was playing solo so maybe that's the problem.

I'd probably still end up buying a remaster. Especially if they gave those character designs a makeover, Reptile still looks dreadful.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
He's not brave enough to poll Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

But Shaolin Monks is a curious departure from the series, too. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

well he needed to give the other games a chance. Mythologies would clearly overwhelmingly win but also it needs a full 3D remake treatment

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take a MK9 remaster; seems like the only way we'll get playable Smoke, good guy Kabal, and tag team mode again.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I voted Shaolin Monks earlier. Would love to get that remaster or sequel since I think the MK universe is ripe for action game spin-offs and not just fighting games. Like, imagine Platinum making a Scorpion game in the style of Bayonetta.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
waattt holy crap Shaolin Monks is a seriously good co-op 3d beat em up, i loved it, this is awesome

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Shaolin Monks may actually be one of my favorite MK experiences.

To the point where I wish it had a sequel, or a modern reimagining.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I would love for netherrealm to make a non-fighting game again. They are a very talented team!

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loved SM but don't really want it again.

That said I'd probably buy it anyway to try snd hope it does well enough to encourage them to make Fire and Ice.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Enhanced remaster with a shit ton of extra playable characters, pretty please? Scorpion and Sub-Zero were cool, but MK has a lot of characters whose movesets would go pretty well with Shaolin Monks' combat.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017

Me too. The tag mode is the best mode in any fighting game ever. Sub Zero and Scorpion fighting against two opponents was just awesome and I loved how I could play with 3 of my other friends in the same match. Such a cool concept. If they ever do some kind of Ultimate Mortal Kombat, I hope they include the multiplayer tag mode. Every fighting game should have that.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
MK9 is pretty easy to find on steam key seller sites. MK Shaolin Monks is not available digitally at all. A no brainer for me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We do not need an MK9 remaster imo. I'd rather a remaster of one NRS more unique games (shaolin monks). Remaster that plz.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Shaolin Monks and then Shaolin Monks 2! Or a different name to explain why I get to play as Cassie Cage.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
People seriously want a remake/remaster of a PS3 game over a PS2 game?
Deception, Shaolin Monks, and Armageddon were fantastic in providing the classic MK experience for enthusiasts in addition to interesting world building and stories offered by explorations. The main reason I no longer care about current MK is the lazy story mode of "fight-cutscene-fight"

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shaolin Monks is so fucking overrated, do not get this massive uprising in support for it at all. I'd much rather MK9 or Deception got remastered instead.