• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Last night, Daffney went on Instagram Live that heavily implied an attempt at suicide. The wrestling community (including her parents) directed paramedics to her address but they were sadly too late. She was best known for her appearances in Total Nonstop Action, but also appeared in Shimmer and WCW as well as a number of indie promitions.

RIP.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT POSTING THE SUICIDE VIDEO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Awful that nobody could get there in time. I saw mention of this last night but I hoped it would end better.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Damn, I always really liked her in WCW and TNA. She started trending this morning on Twitter and everyone was hoping she was ok. Sad. RIP

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This was over CTEs and concussions? Sad. Rest in peace.

Do any of the wrestling companies offer help in this regard?

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
This was over CTEs and concussions? Sad. Rest in peace.

Do any of the wrestling companies offer help in this regard?

I believe she suffered 3 concussions in a short time span in ~2010 that basically ended her career. And although I haven't seen it, apparently she asked to be checked for CTE in that video.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heard about this yesterday when people were calling to get help to her right away. Unfortunate it was too late...

RIP. :(

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I saw people were trying to get ahold of her last night due to the suicidal video she posted on Instagram. I was hoping SOMEBODY got ahold of her and was able to get her help. I can't imagine how alone she must have felt. RIP.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts. I always thought Daffney was awesome and she had such a captivating presence.

R.I.P.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was on Reddit when I saw all the posts about it, was hoping that she'd get the help but after I didn't see any updates I guess the authorities were too late. Just sad to see, I don't know if it's the wrestling business or just personal life but I wish ppl going through so much just got the help they need.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I believe she suffered 3 concussions in a short time span in ~2010 that basically ended her career. And although I haven't seen it, apparently she asked to be checked for CTE in that video.

yeah she got those bad concussions, the worst being from someone who was getting a try out match and never recovered. Headaches, migraines, brain fog etc. her Twitter was hard to read sometimes as she described her issues as a result.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Oh man, that's terrible; I saw the news about her yesterday and hoped it would end OK after other wrestlers were reaching out to her during her stream, like with hopes that show of support would help get her through what she was feeling. Daffney's time with David Flair and Crowbar were one of the few entertaining parts of late WCW.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Was on Reddit when I saw all the posts about it, was hoping that she'd get the help but after I didn't see any updates I guess the authorities were too late. Just sad to see, I don't know if it's the wrestling business or just personal life but I wish ppl going through so much just got the help they need.
It's likely both to be honest, with how intertwined kayfabe and real life can be (see Chyna). Besides the injuries there was also that awful time when a stipulation had her strip.

Oct 27, 2017
Such a sad situation. There are so many people who always had the nicest things to say about her. I didn't realise she had done any kind of live stream until reading it in this thread.

I was a fan during late WCW and what I'd seen of her in Impact wrestling.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The video was heartbreaking. Talking about being alone and wanting her brain to be studied for CTE.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
She's been having a real rough time both physically and emotionally the last year and a half specifically.

RIP Scream Queen I'll miss you.