• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty hilarious they're doing a Wii U version considering the Wii disc will work on the system and the number of people actively engaging with their Wii U is probably a single digit number

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
pretty hilarious they're doing a Wii U version considering the Wii disc will work on the system and the number of people actively engaging with their Wii U is probably a single digit number
the dev said that the only reason for the wii u's version existence is that NoA is boring and they wouldn't allow/cert a new Wii release, while NoE did, which is why the Wii version is Europe only

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit

I don't know what's crazier

a new wii game 14 years after its initial release

OR A NEW WII U GAME

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yo if there are only gonna be 3000 copies this would be a good one for any game collector to own.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
This is so weird, lol. I guess it's more for collectors? Or is there a big enough active Wii fan base to warrant this? Either way, it's cool and odd.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
owning a wii u copy of Shakedown Hawaii to go with my vita copy of Retro City Rampage would be kind of funny

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wii_would_like_to_play.jpg

Wii would like to play lmfao

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the reactions in this thread. I'm getting the WiiU version for sure, this is awesome.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Didn't the developer earn nothing from RCR on Wii for not having reached a certain Wii shop quota?
I hope this time will go better, shouldn't be a problem with physical collectors in the equation.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
if i'm not mistaken, with this release wii breaks ps2's record for longest period of official releases (2000-2013). unofficial releases still do come out for some retro systems tho.

Depends. If the date given is the date they send out, then it will not.

PS2 = 13 years, 8 months, 4 days
Wii = 13 years, 7 months, 20 days (July 7th is release date)

If it's just a preorder date and production & shipping is just a few weeks later, it should beat the PS2.

Before I assumed last year it'd be Just Dance 2021 and worked out the release it had to beat lol:

Was going by time:

ps2
march 2000(console release) - november 2013(pro evo 2014 release)

wii
november 2006(console release) - november 2019 (current scheduled last release)

If wii got a just dance 2021 releasing in late 2020, it would outdo the ps2 record.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
assuming at least the wii version is insert disc --> play that's pretty remarkable in 2020

though i guess just dance/fifa/whatever did it up til a few years ago so i dunno

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm going to buy this shit for no other reason than I want to buy a brand new Wii and Wii U release in 2020. I hate myself.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I think Brian Provinciano just really likes porting his games to as many platforms as possible. Just look at Retro City Rampage. It's on
  • Windows
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation Vita
  • PlayStation Portable
  • Xbox 360
  • Wii
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (kinda)
  • OS X
  • Linux
  • MS-DOS!
  • iOS
  • Android
The weirdest part is that Shakedown: Hawaii is coming to Wii and Wii U before Xbox One, Mac, or mobile
Funny enough he refused to port RCR to Wii U while it was actually pretty active for indies.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Guess Just Dance ain't going to be the Fifa 14 of the Wii.
If you're referring to the PS2 it actually wasn't even Fifa that ended up being the final release (I can't think of any console Fifa has been the last game on), it was Pro Evo 2014 which came out a week before the PS4 released (such a shame it wasn't slightly later so the PS2 could have claimed to have releases throughout 3 generations).

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So am I crazy or did these games (Retro City Rampage Wii and Hawaii Shakedown Wii) pop up on the store as sold out? I was refreshing the store page until the games showed up at all, and when they did, they already said sold out next to them.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Wii version sold out before I could even open the link on the store page SMH

So am I crazy or did these games (Retro City Rampage Wii and Hawaii Shakedown Wii) pop up on the store as sold out? I was refreshing the store page until the games showed up at all, and when they did, they already said sold out next to them.
Yeah same here... hopefully it's a glitch