• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nintendoeverything.com

Shakedown: Hawaii coming to Wii and Wii U

Shakedown: Hawaii is currently available on Switch and 3DS. Vblank Entertainment isn’t stopping its support for Nintendo systems there, however, as the studio has revealed it’s bringing the game to Wii and Wii U as well. Here are all of the relevant details: The Wii and Wii U versions include...
The Wii and Wii U versions include all of the currently released content and feature updates, including the Mogul Update, the Full Tank Update, and the many other little tweaks, improvements and optimizations that went into the game post-launch.

Both versions will also allow you to experience the game in the most retro way possible… in 4:3 on your old CRT televisions… and in my opinion, it looks glorious!

The Wii version supports both 50hz and 60hz, and both NTSC and PAL output. It supports the Wii Remote (with shake!), Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, and GameCube Controller. I took special care to ensure it parallels the experience of the more powerful platforms, and further optimized it to fit entirely into the Wii system memory. This means that you won't experience any disc load times during gameplay. Once the game boots, you're in!

The Wii U version supports both SD and HD, 4:3 and 16:9. You can play it with the Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote, Wii Classic Controller, or Wii Classic Controller Pro. It can be played entirely on the GamePad (with touch!), or on the TV from the comfort of your couch.
Shakedown: Hawaii will be offered physically on Wii and Wii U. The Wii version will go up for sale on July 9 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM in the UK / 7 PM in Europe for $29.99. Only 3,000 copies will be produced. The Wii U version will follow in August.

sh_wii_wiiu_hdr99jvo.jpg

it was rated for Wii U earlier this year, but the wii version is a big surprise
www.resetera.com

Shakedown: Hawaii rated for Wii U, possibly the last game to be released for the system

https://www.siliconera.com/shakedown-hawaii-wii-u-could-be-one-of-the-last-wii-u-games-retro-city-rampage-sequel/

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Ooh.. I'd buy a Wii U version, but probably wouldn't find... not because of is a Wii U game, but because Indie games in physical media is always so limited (and stores here import so little) :\

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, no wonder he needed the EGS cash when he is busy porting the game to non-profitable platforms. He really wants all of his games to be on every single platform huh. Really cool that he got to make the last retail Wii game though.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
this is 100% publicity and they care more about the articles being wrote about how it's coming to Wii than how much it actually sells.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Awesome, I wish more indies do the same and release on Wii U if possible, the system deserves more quality games.
I hope I can get the physical Wii U version!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wasn't the Just Dance team pretty confident they were the last release?

Just Dance 2021 coming to Wii to spite Shakedown Hawaii devs.

this kinda reminds me of that Mega Drive / Genesis RPG that released like 5 years ago and got a working cartridge, Pier Solar.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if i'm not mistaken, with this release wii breaks ps2's record for longest period of official releases (2000-2013). unofficial releases still do come out for some retro systems tho.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Once again, no wonder he needed the EGS cash when he is busy porting the game to non-profitable platforms. He really wants all of his games to be on every single platform huh. Really cool that he got to make the last retail Wii game though.

Not Every - Quote from Dualshockers
Brain simply told me that "It's possible in the future, but I don't have Xbox one dev kits or a port [in the works]." It's also worth noting that Retro City Rampage never made its way to Xbox One despite hitting Xbox 360 in 2013, so Xbox One clearly isn't a priority system for Vblank Entertainment to support. If that answer's a bit too cut and dry for you, Brian also discussed what fueled this decision with DualShockers.

Brian stressed that he is "committed to feature parity between platforms," so it's probably a good idea to not take the focus away from that with yet another port.

tenor.gif

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
That's super cool. I hope he went the extra mile to ensure the Wii version is outputting at 240p so it'll look it's best on a CRT.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's uh.. that's kinda cool. The previous game had a DOS port (or at least a tech demo), right?

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Dang it, now I have to decide between getting the Wii or Wii U version. Decisions decisions.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point it might be marketing for the game across all platforms rather than something that will make a whole lot of money, but fun nontheless!

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
For what it's worth I totally expect a Wii version of Just Dance 2021 this year despite what they previously said. During the virus a lot of Wii accessories were bought on Amazon and copies of the game as people were finding ways to exercise, they'd be daft not to do at least 1 more in the current climate

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This seems like a game that'd actually be cool to play in 240p on a CRT, so the Wii version being there is dope.

Aug 31, 2019
I like this guy doing this. More developers should make ports for dead systems, it's fun. If I was in Europe I would buy this game to support this craziness.