• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
www.youtube.com

【シャドウバース チャンピオンズバトル】第1弾PV

Nintendo Switch用ソフト「シャドウバース チャンピオンズバトル」プラットフォーム:Nintendo Switch™ジャンル:カードバトルRPGプレイ人数:1人(通信プレイ時:2人)パッケージ版希望小売価格/ダウンロード版販売価格:5,980円(税別)発売予定日:2020年11月5日CERO:審査予定...

New trailer just came out with a release date.

Personally this is looking pretty good. Loving the 3d models for Shadowverse cards.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading about it on Gematsu. Gonna say it looks like a bigger deal than what I thought
Shadowverse-Champions-Battle_2020_05-28-20_023.jpg

Shadowverse-Champions-Battle_2020_05-28-20_018.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and the Captain Tsubasa game Hino must be having a bad year.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Personally the game looks more intriquing then I first thought, and looks like a full on RPG instead of a Hearthstone clone (and I say this as a Shadowverse fan).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in the first watch, I thought the player characters were NPCs since they suffered from background character syndrome

spot-the-main-character-of-the-anime_fb_6436229.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was going to look kind of on a budget because it's a based off the anime but dang, it really does look like a neat spin-off of Shadowverse.

I'm here for it.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
card game anime is the best genre of anime. needless to say, I'd kill for this game to come out in english

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Got tired of Shadowverse's treadmill, but still love the mechanics. Down for a quality single player rpg.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's based on the Shadowverse anime instead of just Shadowverse in general. Cool to see that it seems they are doing a more elaborate experience instead of just only a card game.

244982.jpg

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Ah, so it's based on the anime. The real question is can we steal other people's phone in this game?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The female main character was barely featured in the trailer.

img_character-girl.png

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the game was announced but this is more substantial than I expected. Thought it would just be a slightly different console version of the normal game.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at this having better production values than any yugioh video game in the past 7 years

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Heck yeah, let's goooo! I haven't played a good TCG RPG in ages! Here's hoping the story is unobtrusive and the progression well-paced!
Looks like a good quality game. Is the card game any good? I'm a fan of Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and the Warhammer TCG.
It's quite simple, but enjoyable for what it is. Extremely similar to Hearthstone, but without hero powers and with some additional mechanics piled on top. Evolution being the main one -- each creature has an evolved form, usually giving it +2/+2, but you can only evolve a limited number of times per game (2 on the play, 3 on the draw).
I've not played Warhammer TCG, but personally, I'd put Shadowverse below Magic (of course) but above Yu-Gi-Oh -- even though I play Duel Links way more than Shadowverse these days.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Heck yeah, let's goooo! I haven't played a good TCG RPG in ages! Here's hoping the story is unobtrusive and the progression well-paced!

It's quite simple, but enjoyable for what it is. Extremely similar to Hearthstone, but without hero powers and with some additional mechanics piled on top. Evolution being the main one -- each creature has an evolved form, usually giving it +2/+2, but you can only evolve a limited number of times per game (2 on the play, 3 on the draw).
I've not played Warhammer TCG, but personally, I'd put Shadowverse below Magic (of course) but above Yu-Gi-Oh -- even though I play Duel Links way more than Shadowverse these days.

It's also more ftp friendly then Hearthstone.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is really new thread worthy, but it's getting localized with a full dub by Xseed, coming this summer

www.gematsu.com

Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle coming west this summer

XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe will release Cygames-developed card battle RPG Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle for Switch in North America and Europe this summer, the publishers announced.
Based on the anime adaptation of Cygames' hit strategic multiplayer mobile and PC card battle game Shadowverse, Shadowverse: Champion's Battle brings the deep deck building mechanics to a new platform and delivers them with a fresh narrative experience perfect for both new and experienced players. The game will be available digitally and at retail, and all versions come with a special promo code granting two alternate art cards (three cards each), 10 seer's globes, and cosmetic items redeemable in the mobile or PC version of Shadowverse.

Shadowverse: Champion's Battle is a reimagined version of the strategic multiplayer mobile/PC card battle game for the consumer platform. As players progress the game, they can collect new cards to build more powerful decks. The game can be experienced solo, or players can head online for multiplayer matches to test complex new strategies against others. It will also feature a Battle Pass system with cosmetic leader skin rewards and other in-game bonuses unlockable by completing missions such as winning online matches. The Switch™ release also adds deluxe battle animations for a more immersive experience.

In Shadowverse: Champion's Battle, players take the role of a transfer student to Tensei Academy, where they are quickly introduced to the Shadowverse card game by their classmate, Hiro Ryugasaki. The new friends team up with Shadowverse club president (and only member) Rei on a quest to master the popular card battle game and restore the club to its former glory by winning the national championship. Throughout their adventures, players will be able to explore unique locations around the school and surrounding town, where events and encounters await in the least expected places. Team up with new friends, battle to become the national champions, and save the Shadowverse Club for future generations!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

The Demo for the game is out as of Thursday. I jumped in last night...and kinda played 3 and a half hours till I finished. Progress will transfer over.
Game feels great- the tutorials are quick and don't bog you down with all the terms, it's only as you play opponents of each archtype that the game will explain "hey, here is what spellboost is" and the like. The voice acting is a mixed bag for me right now- all the performances are fine, but Hiro was already annoying me by the end of the demo- though that probably is just due to the character that he is.

Also, it's really funny that this game got hit with a Teen rating, when it is so obviously designed for children

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
reviews are out

Shadowverse: Champion's Battle

The anime version of the hit strategic multiplayer mobile/PC card battle game Shadowverse is coming to the Nintendo Switch as an exciting new card battle RPG. Players will meet a fun cast of characters and duke it out in intense card battles. Experienced Shadowverse players will be able to...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
reviews are out

The anime version of the hit strategic multiplayer mobile/PC card battle game Shadowverse is coming to the Nintendo Switch as an exciting new card battle RPG. Players will meet a fun cast of characters and duke it out in intense card battles. Experienced Shadowverse players will be able to...
pretty good scores

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
reviews are out

It sounds pretty great, I'm definitely looking forward to playing.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that Pokemon has failed to capitalize on TCG to make an engaging game just like back in the gbc days, I will buy this as I found the demo really fun.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, this game only goes up to Rise of Bahamut (the second expansion)? For context, there are 20 expansions now. Surprised the game is using such old cards. I suppose there isn't even Portalcraft?

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Since there is no OT, i'll post here. I've been looking for a card rpg game to get into. Been wanting something on portable since SNK v Capcom Card Clash for the Neo Geo. Played the demo and was hooked. I'm really enjoying this game for never seeing the anime and only now wondering if the mobile game is also worth playing.