• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
SyVnHjK.png

Shadow Warrior 3 launches the offbeat first-person shooter series to the next level with a seamless blend of fast-paced gunplay, razor-sharp melee combat, and a spectacular free-running movement system. Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocolypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon's egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to tear down the encroaching Shadowlands.

Bring a Katana to a Gunfight
Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.

Fancy Footwork
Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.

Execute Then Annihilate
Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.

Dynamic Combat Arenas
Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.

Neo Feudal Japan
Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.

Funny Business
Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.

Last edited:

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
This trailer is pretty funny hah

Curious to see how shlooter this is vs the last game. I loved the last game's combat and some of the enemy design is amazing - I was less sold on the damage system and stats elements.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Curious to see how shlooter this is vs the last game. I loved the last game's combat and some of the enemy design is amazing - I was less sold on the damage system and stats elements.

SW2 gunplay and melee combat was fantastic but yes they need to dial down the shlooter elements.

They also choose Unreal Engine 4 and ditched their own Roadhog Engine.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Tried my hardest to get into the second one, but it just didnt feel right on a controller. Dropped the ps4 version, and downloaded on gamepass pc to see if it was just a framerate issue. Nope. Still felt like ass on a xbox controller on a VERY capable rig.

People need to start copying doom 2016/eternal for how to do fast paced fps on a controller.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they dropped the randomized map layout from the second , otherwise - looking good !

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I haven't played either of the first two, but knowing this was coming I just started the first and having a blast with it.

Count me in.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Now that's how you make a fun trailer even if you have zero gameplay. Loved the combat in SW2 so pretty hyped for this.

Also that Wang design is an improvement.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
The garbage loot in SW2 completely turned me off the game so I'm hoping they dial it down for 3

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's so procedurally generated that Flying Wild Hog hasn't actually been doing anything for the past 4 years.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
is it safe to assume that this is NOT coming to Switch, right?
asking just because I've received the PR but I'm not confident about update my website or not, being Nintendo-only focused LOL

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
I have the first one through Games With Gold from a while ago.

Still worth a run through these days if i've never played them? Love stuff like Duke 3D and i'd heard this is kind of similar?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I hope it's so procedurally generated that Flying Wild Hog hasn't actually been doing anything for the past 4 years.

In the last 4 years they:

- Switched to Unreal Engine 4
- Expanded the studio to over 200+ devs
- Acquired by Supernova Capital
- Started working on 3 titles.

wccftech.com

Flying Wild Hog CEO Tells Us What They've Been Up to (Hint: Two Game Reveals Scheduled in 2020)

We had a big, detailed interview with Flying Wild Hog CEO Michał Szustak where he revealed what the Shadow Warrior 2 devs have been up to.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome.

I prefer the first game, but 2 was also great. Is it known what kind of structure they're going for with this one?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Loved 1, but 2 was dull as dishwater, the way the loot worked really sapped all the fun out of the game for me. Plus it was relentlessly unfunny. Hope this one goes back to the first one's approach.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
another guy in the "hope it's more like SW 2013" camp. tried SW2 but couldn't get into it

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Could not stand how unsatisfying SW2013 was, and I don't like shlooters so never bothered with 2. But this one has the potential for funner movement, so pls at the least make enemies more interesting.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Feels like Shadow Warrior dipped in No More Heroes humour with Titanfall movement. Could be good.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i mean both previous shadow warriors had insane movement. i would hope the third one continues the trend

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
The first one was real fun, suprising high quality writing and very interesting characters + the combat was a ton of fun + melee combat was one of the best + graphics were nice too + OST was great aswell
The second one was still fun, but the writing and characters took a hit + level weren't as interesting as in previous game because they were procedurally generated + the way loot worked in the game wasn't perfect and I think it was too long for its own good

Hope this new entry in the series is more similiar to the first one than to the second one.. teaser trailer is good though and promising :)

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
SW2 wasn't that great so I hope it's a return to the style of the first.

This. If it's like number 2 then it's a hard pass for me

I didn't like the shlooter stuff, map and encounter design was a big step back (seriously you could run past most fights), and the plot while not important of course in a game like this was still totally unintelligible.

Last edited:

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
So we Titanfall now? I can dig it. Better than Borderlands.

Also, it's probably for the best that they abandon the Road Hog engine, 'cause they've always had trouble optimizing their games and using UE4 means they don't have to spend so much time making it run nice.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Pretty funny idea for a trailer. Interesting to see that nobody anywhere seems to be commenting on the fact a white voice actor is playing an Asian dude, particularly in light of recent discussions such as the talk around Nadine's VA in Uncharted.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

You totally left out the movement, which deserves a special mention. Also you were the first person I thought of reading this announcement ^^