• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
1518714342-shadow-of-the-colossus-tm-20180215173816.png

Supervlieg

CEO at Little Chicken
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Supervlieg, great photography, but please adhere to the thread rules, you've broken already three of them with one post:

Thread Rules:
1) Two screenshots per post and two consecutive posts allowed.
2) Put the console (PS4 or PS4 Pro) in the first line of your post, also specify if photomode- or gameplay shot.

3) 4K PS4 Pro screens are allowed, 1080p screens are however highly recommended.
4) Last but not least, don't post photos of what could be considered story spoilers, like late game cutscenes or colossi after colossus number 15.
Woops my bad, edited.

Oct 27, 2017
I know the OP said no spoilers last I checked, but can we spoiler tag the images? Wouldn't mind seeing more than just the first 5 colossi (for the most part)... and I have a cool end-game skin unlock shot I want to post lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know the OP said no spoilers last I checked, but can we spoiler tag the images? Wouldn't mind seeing more than just the first 5 colossi (for the most part)... and I have a cool end-game skin unlock shot I want to post lol.

You can actually post photos up to the 15th colossus. I thought let's leave number 16 (because he is so different) and everything past that as a surprise for the many people who never played the game. But I guess it's okay in spoiler tags. Then I could post a couple more photos as well. ;)
I was thinking of suspending the no spoilers rule completely in April by the way.

Oct 27, 2017
You can actually post photos up to the 15th colossus. I thought let's leave number 16 (because he is so different) and everything past that as a surprise for the many people who never played the game. But I guess it's okay in spoiler tags. Then I could post a couple more photos as well. ;)
I was thinking of suspending the no spoilers rule completely in April by the way.
Fair enough. And I do remember reading the nothing past 15 bit. Everyone has been caught up in photomode and not progressing I guess lol.

I shared it in the OT since a poster asked for pics so I'll share it here as well.
*Big spoilers*
ps_messages_20180215_x6r78.jpg

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Didn't realise there was a separate thread for SotC photos, I'd posted a few in the Console Screenshot Thread already.

But I guess it's okay in spoiler tags. Then I could post a couple more photos as well. ;)
I definitely don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but if it's ok to keep end-game / post-game stuff in spoiler tags, guess I'll start with these:

Photomode - PS4 Pro

39604631584_c5e8fd1142_o.jpg

40316274711_72aee66e9f_o.jpg

Last edited:

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
This one doesn't need to be in spoilers. ;)
It makes for the first time realize how close the game's architecture looks to Indian temples.

Oh fair enough lol, I only spoilered it because a second playthrough is required to reach it.

I can see the influences for sure, the style is very reminiscent of certain South and Southeast Asian Hindu-Buddhist architecture. This was the first time I'd seen it up close because the PAL PS2 version required a bunch of playthroughs just to reach it iirc, so I gave up on it.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This was the first time I'd seen it up close because the PAL PS2 version required a bunch of playthroughs just to reach it iirc, so I gave up on it.

Doesn't this version require this too? I'm in new game plus and I still haven't accumulated enough stamina to get there. :(

PS4 Pro, Photomode

40282395991_03f31fe112_o.png

38453966900_6f095c5e92_o.png

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Wow, I know this is a gorgeous game, but you guys have great eyes! There's some beautiful shots here, and some of you are using the filters in ways that I never thought of; I love the shots that look like pen-and-ink drawings. Looking through this thread makes me realize how pedestrian some of my shots are. And I'm kicking myself for not realizing that I could use the "Rotate" option for portrait orientation, which is way more appropriate in this game than most others. Oh, well, next run-through...

Anyways, here's my ICO Beach Mini-Travelogue:

Pro | Photomode
26417037658_a7c329a2c9_k_d.jpg

39392027425_6a3487e7bb_k_d.jpg

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Doesn't this version require this too? I'm in new game plus and I still haven't accumulated enough stamina to get there. :(
I'm in New Game+ too and managed to get up there, but you'd need 4 playthroughs to achieve it in the original PAL version.

Here's a video of my climb, I got there with barely any stamina left. You need a post-game item to get through it, but you can see how much stamina I've got in total - slightly further than half of the maxed out health bar.

I'm not sure if the Reminiscence battles or Time Attacks add anything to it though...

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a video of my climb, I got there with barely any stamina left. You need a post-game item to get through it, but you can see how much stamina I've got in total - slightly further than half of the maxed out health bar.

Unfortunately there's no chance I'll get the parachute... :( You need to defeat a big number of colossi in time attack on the most difficult setting for that, right? I don't enjoy stressing myself out like that.

PS4 Pro, Photmode

38513056310_d5ec173668_o.png

26450156618_18bcb969b1_o.png

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Unfortunately there's no chance I'll get the parachute... :( You need to defeat a big number of colossi in time attack on the most difficult setting for that, right? I don't enjoy stressing myself out like that.
Yep, 14 need to be defeated in hard mode, but it's really not that frustrating. YouTube guides saved my sanity for the ones I had trouble with. :)

Heck yeah, the only way to travel.

Photomode - PS4 Pro

39575200964_8730ea7e33_o.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
standard Ps4 photo mode

Ol' sand serpent didn't leave me much to work with so here's a silly pic where ant Wander raises his arms triumphantly and the dark tendrils have some wacky arch going on
J4t9aLC.jpg

And some dynamic diving
gwsUg3V.jpg

J4t9aLC.jpg