• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no he just uses the unlocked stuff from Normal Time Attack.. the trophy only works on hard.
Well, I think that's on NG+ or he is using a special item, with a full charged stab I won't take so much damage, so there's something going on.
Also in the description of the trophy there's no mention on working on Hard only.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I think that's on NG+ or he is using a special item, with a full charged stab I won't take so much damage, so there's something going on.
Also in the description of the trophy there's no mention on working on Hard only.

oh my bad then... thought it was supposed to be done on hard..
if this trophy bothers you, then do the Speed Demon one first, and use the sword you receive to kill him FAST.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely impressed by the final result. It's surreal to play and experience the game at this level of visual fidelity. So many things could have gone wrong, and yet, here's the legend reborn, looking (and sounding) as only the best powerhouses are capable of. Even animation-wise, it's a faithful approach to the original, while adding an extra layer of refinement.

I'm not sure if this remake was motivated by Gen Design's next work, or the company just saw a commercial chance for this classic. Whatever it was, my old self is really happy about this.

Oh! What's better: now people will be introduced to the real climber in the sector. This guy was getting to the top of trees and colossi before any elf did. He's the godfather of all mountain men. ;)

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So did anybody else not remember just how terrible the last Colossus is? Afaik it's the only fight in the game where the game breaks it's own rules (
being forced to stab a part of the Colossus that isn't glowing blue
), and if you forget that you end up having to repeat the whole climb back up to the top when your grip runs out.

Between that, the inconsistency in the controls for the wall eject action, and how small of a window you get to actually damage the Colossus once you get to the very top, I was just so happy when I finally beat it and didn't have to deal with it anymore.

It was a super bummer endcap on what was otherwise a really enjoyable trek down memory lane. It's interesting how from a modern perspective, this game is closer in scope to a RiME or a Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, albeit with a much higher budget.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't think I have ever had the sense of scale in any game like I have in this game. For a first timer, I'm truly blown away.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck.

Guys, please, If you have a home theater and a decent subwoofer, please play this game in 5.1

Holy shit, I was using the gold Sony headphone in my bedroom and I was impressed by the sound. However, I started playing in my media room with my oled tv and home theater and holy shit man, the sound is AMAZINGLY GOOD. The sound e-sign is perfect .the soundtrack, the heavy bass when the Colossus is close to you, the pounding in the chest with their steps.

It seems I am playing a different game.

Home theater is everything guys for game immersion.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Game is beautiful. I really hope that add the option to disable the auto centring, I don't think I've ever liked it any game.

Machiavelli

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Is it wrong to not like this game?
The guy on screen doesnt do what I want him to do, controls are awful.. dont even want to mention about the camera angle.
Its a complete deal-breaker for me..

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if getting all the coins could unlock the original game ported to PS4. They said they had to port it anyway in order to compare the new assets to the old ones in real time, so it would be a neat extra for the people who care the most without being a TON of extra work, since the hardest part was already done and hidden in a debug menu.

The guy on screen doesnt do what I want him to do, controls are awful.. dont even want to mention about the camera angle.

It's totally fine. Shadow of the Colossus is by far the most accessible and mainstream title Ueda directed, but it's still a Ueda title, and it just won't resonate with a lot of people.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colossus 13 was fucking amazing - me and my girlfriend were at the edges of our seats the entire time.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What's with the black bars in this game? They just appear every time there's a cutscene and serve no purpose but covering up one third of the screen.

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
It is not wrong to not like this game.

But if you can't navigate properly after 30 mins in the game then maybe its you who is at fault.

Cant quite understand what do you mean by guy doesn't do what i want to do.

The game i am playing, the left analog is how i move him in all directions with prompt responses and other controls work just as fine.

If you are having problems with above things then maybe its a glitch for you or you are doing something blatantly wrong.

Can you upload a video of what are you trying to say. It will be much clearer.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
Is there a way to stand while riding Agro? I'm sure I remember doing it in the original but I can't figure out how to do it.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
One little touch I like is how if you just sit one the menu screen it will eventually switch to Agro cam and you can watch her frolick about the game world.
It does it for other animals too sometimes at least in og

Like the hawk

Is there a way to stand while riding Agro? I'm sure I remember doing it in the original but I can't figure out how to do it.
I believe it is press hold button and then forward while holding down hold

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Time Trials (Hard) this morning. I hope they'll fix the grabbing issues. The grabbing animation cancelling because of nothing is really really bad and nothing like on PS2...

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Performance mode the best? I've beat the first Colossi and am wondering if Visual mode is better or Performance?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Time Trials (Hard) this morning. I hope they'll fix the grabbing issues. The grabbing animation cancelling because of nothing is really really bad and nothing like on PS2...
What grabbing issues? You mean Wander losing his footing more easily than in the original like in the PS3 remaster? That was supposedly fixed.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The grass is great an all in this game but so are the weather effects. The fog near the fifth Colossus is fantastic and some of the best I've seen.

Supervlieg

CEO at Little Chicken
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How do you play with the photo filters on?

I tried to Google but couldn't find it.

Oct 25, 2017
Hehe. I guess I'll do the 2 one on Visual mode :P

I mean, generally speaking I'll always prefer performance over visual, especially for action game.
I'm going with Performance as well, but cheating a little bit: when I know a trophy is about to pop, like when I defeat a Colossus for the first time, I quickly switch to Cinematic Mode just so my trophy screenshot looks as good as possible, haha.

I don't personally care about trophies, but ended up warming up to the trophy screenshot feature. It's a really cool way to reminisce about your first playthrough of some of your favorite games.

How do you play with the photo filters on?

I tried to Google but couldn't find it.

Try Options -> Settings -> Display -> Filters

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh my bad then... thought it was supposed to be done on hard..
if this trophy bothers you, then do the Speed Demon one first, and use the sword you receive to kill him FAST.
Nah it doesn't bother me. I miss two bosses on Hard with a 3:14 time, I saw all cutscenes etc so I think I'll get the speedrun trophy on my first run, it was just a curiosity because I think it's not possible to achieve that trophy on the first Hard playthrough.

Anyway I got some VERY annoying bugs which screwed my no death run.
During the 14th colossus fight, right in the end when he destroys the last column (giving you the opportunity to access the elevated platform), mi game crashed twice when the column was falling.
As I wrote this happened two times for me, I was checking my stats and I noticed I died twice? But I never died, so I think somehow the game counted two death during the column section before the game crashed? I don't know, still very annoying. In the same fight when I was on top of the colossus, he went near a wall and Wander got stuck in a falling animation near the same wall (I was pushing R1 to grip). The only way to stop the falling animation was release R1, but this forced me to go on top of the colossus again.

I than got another bug against the 15th colossus. When you need to fall on his head from the above bridge...well, Wander passed through the colossus getting stuck in an infinite falling through the ground, it lasted like 20 seconds than he died.

They REALLY need to fix those bugs. Some colossi are ok, others are very bugged and I don't know how this passed QA, honestly.
It's not something which ruin the overall experience, but the fact it happened locking me out from a trophy really bothers me, because it can happen again in a second playthrough.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ico is one of my all time favorites and I never actually played this until now. Beat the first 2 Colossus yesterday. Game is beautiful. I'm kind of glad I never played it until now even though I know the ending. Already like it way more than TLG.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What grabbing issues? You mean Wander losing his footing more easily than in the original like in the PS3 remaster? That was supposedly fixed.

If you grab something in the original, you can feel which movements the Colossi make to make you shake around. Here Wanda shakes around, get heads down and/or move from your grab location to a few feet away (sometimes a lot more).
It's just bad here when you grab the fur and Wanda cancels the hold/sting position because of NOTHING and then trembles buggy! Sometimes it feels like a small pixel completely cancels your move and you just sit there and wonder why.

Played the PS2 (PAL) version yesterday to confirm and it's way more comprehensibly and Wanda does not do this buggy-tremble on corners. It's just a lot restless/annoying here. Can't tell for the PS3 version, played that just at launch for a bit a long time ago.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Colossus 14 now, and I still haven't gotten over how bad Wander looks. So much about this remake is pitch-perfect, but the main freaking character being downgraded from the original just won't stop bothering me. When I play SotC I'm usually placing the camera in cinematic angles all the time, many of which show Wander from the front. His puppet-like running cycle (with zero head movement, zero hair movement) and low-detail, expressionless face are killing me inside.

I'm sorry if me mentioning this on numerous occasions bothers those of you who don't seem to mind NuWander, but I have the right to voice my disappointment too. People playing SotC for the first time via this remake are being treated to some beautifully modern and detailed scenery, but they're playing as a downgraded version of the iconic character that longtime fans treasure. I can't imagine anyone developing empathy for anything that happens with Wander in the story in this version. The complete lack of emoting during gameplay really sucks the life out of him.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I've played this game before, I had to turn off Dormin's hints. I was just enjoying the music in one of the fights, running around the colossus in circles with a cinematic camera and he's like ATTACK ITS LEG IN ORDER TO CUT A PATH FOR THYSELF

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Colossus 14 now, and I still haven't gotten over how bad Wander looks. So much about this remake is pitch-perfect, but the main freaking character being downgraded from the original just won't stop bothering me. When I play SotC I'm usually placing the camera in cinematic angles all the time, many of which show Wander from the front. His puppet-like running cycle (with zero head movement, zero hair movement) and low-detail, expressionless face are killing me inside.

I'm sorry if me mentioning this on numerous occasions bothers those of you who don't seem to mind NuWander, but I have the right to voice my disappointment too. People playing SotC for the first time via this remake are being treated to some beautifully modern and detailed scenery, but they're playing as a downgraded version of the iconic character that longtime fans treasure. I can't imagine anyone developing empathy for anything that happens with Wander in the story in this version. The complete lack of emoting during gameplay really sucks the life out of him.

I haven't played for very long but i have to agree so far.
They seem to have nailed everything else but the face which is a shame but they clearly had problems with it during development hence why it was changing during production.
On side note some of those coins are in ridiculous places, almost impossible for players that even know the game inside out.

twisteh

Oct 26, 2017
Loving this game, a remake of my favourite game of all time. Ueda perfection!

The graphical fidelity in this is insane, really feels like a proper remake rather than the usual uprezzed HD remaster. Quick question: with regarding the trophy for the no death run, can I just reload a save or do I genuinely need to get through the game with zero deaths?