• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I didn't know there was more than one fruit per tree? How many are on each tree? And how will I know I've got them all?

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nomad made a video that showed the alternate ending from Ueda, that he never made himself. Maybe this will unlock that alternate ending?

Or... You will unlock a shop where you can use your coins to buy lootboxes.
Didn't know about this alternate ending. Is there a link?
I thought I watched all Nomad videos back in days, but I missed this one.
EDIT: Oh, I saw the video and I remember it now. Well, we'll see. This coins could be nothing at all, just a tribute to Nomad Colossus who travelled all around the Forbidden Land for years, a way for the players to really explore the game. We'll see.

Is this game a glitchy mess for anyone else? The character gets stuck running in circles and ragdolling and it's not due to the boss "earthquakes".

I'm on boss 2 and I think I'm ready to give up. The climbing inverts, I hit glass walls in the arena. Even when the boss is down I can only climb it for a bit, then I suddently start climbing down! WTF?
I don't know what things and bugs and what is gameplay. It looks worse than the AC Unity and Andromeda bugs. Total spas character.

How can this pile of dung review that well?
Boss 2 so far is a bug-party. Really I don't know how that passed the QA, since I immediately triggered the bug I posted this morning when I booted the game for the first time.

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this game a glitchy mess for anyone else? The character gets stuck running in circles and ragdolling and it's not due to the boss "earthquakes".

I'm on boss 2 and I think I'm ready to give up. The climbing inverts, I hit glass walls in the arena. Even when the boss is down I can only climb it for a bit, then I suddently start climbing down! WTF?
I don't know what things and bugs and what is gameplay. It looks worse than the AC Unity and Andromeda bugs. Total spas character.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Running inn circles and climbing inverts?... huh? Not sure what you mean but -

I mean I've definitely seen some weird oddities when climbing up where Wander quickly and awkwardly hops to an area without much in the way of transitions. But that was something that was definitely also present in the original.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know about this alternate ending. Is there a link?
I thought I watched all Nomad videos back in days, but I missed this one.
EDIT: Oh, I saw the video and I remember it now. Well, we'll see. This coins could be nothing at all, just a tribute to Nomad Colossus who travelled all around the Forbidden Land for years, a way for the players to really explore the game. We'll see.

https://youtu.be/L4hfjxuJ7fM

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
A game this beautiful running at 60fps has no business on a console, lol. Seriously, this is pure magic. I'm spending hours just walking around in awe of the HDR beauty.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Is ok if you don't like it, but pile of dung? Come on, you can do better than that.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Took down the first Colossus last night. Felt even better than I remembered. He seemed bigger too.
Can't wait to hit 13, my favorite.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017

I had the same bug and so did someone who posted a video above. I had to close the application and reopen and go back to the Colossus and all was fine. No bugs since then.

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As mentioned above, not everyone is having your problems. No single bug/glitch for me so far.

Thanks, restarting the ps4 and hope it's just some weirdness. Ended up with the character not being able to move in any direction without running in the opposite direction immediately afterwards. Changed controller and everything.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I can't upload it now, but got a pretty good screenshot of just Wander's head sticking up out of a rock formation. His body is totally clipped inside the rocks. He was just walking straight through them.

In any case, 60 fps mode is the way to to go. I'm so happy they included it. The extra resolution is not worth the hit in fluidity. Never thought I'd be able to play it so smoothly.

Is there any way to kneel at the healing shrines with the modern controls?

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I can't upload it now, but got a pretty good screenshot of just Wander's head sticking up out of a rock formation. His body is totally clipped inside the rocks. He was just walking straight through them.

In any case, 60 fps mode is the way to to go. I'm so happy they included it. The extra resolution is not worth the hit in fluidity. Never thought I'd be able to play it so smoothly.

Is there any way to kneel at the healing shrines with the modern controls?

R2, I think? I did it last night, so I know it's possible.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

I've had non of the issues you're describing. I've only seen one glitch so far and it was the tail of one of the colossi going crazy, but it resolved itself in a few soconds.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The one thought constantly running through my mind while playing this is how in the hell is this a PS2 game ?!

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who you callin' bitch, now, Dormin?

QkPHxDq.jpg

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm dying to get home to play this. First time in a while I've had this feeling. I just want to see what other kinds of colossus are awaiting me and be in awe of their size

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colossus 8 defeated, the fights seem to be getting progressively elobrate and I am loving it ! 5, 7 and 8 are my standouts, can't wait to see whats next.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna wait for a price drop, but fuck it, I am replaying this again now.

is it too late to get the preorder bonus from bestbuy? the code for the ps4 themes is usually printed on the receipt or do they email you?

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Nothing great but If anyones not tried it then you can get on the Horse from back also. Different animation you can see.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm enjoying reading all the impressions of people playing for the first time. This is a really special game.

How do you get Agro to rear back like that and sprint off? I don't remember that action... It's been a while.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
First impressions are that this is easily one of the best looking games of the generation. The texture work is absolutely fantastic, and the IQ and HDR is lovely on my OLED.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Down 6 colossi now and holy fuck this game is beautiful. Going through the desert with the sand blowing and obscuring your vision. The grass. The fur moving on the colossi.

Restricting myself to 1 colossus a night so I can draw out this masterpiece.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
13th colossus down
the flying one i the desert

Yeap still the best of the game! EPIC