• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has the best HUD customization of any game I've played. I really wish everyone could take the time to do that kind of thing. Choose what you see and when, while looking at the HUD as it will appear.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played some more last evening.

I'm purposely taking my sweet time and savoring this game. The fights are much easier this time around because I'm remembering (most of) the weaknesses and strategies but my goodness, what a glorious remake.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Im on the latest beta and when I startup this game, it informs me that supersampling has been enabled

I take it this is the same as cinematic mode?

Oct 31, 2017
You should click on my video and see the difference compared to those other videos. :P
I couldn't find a video that did it exactly like your video, but this does basically the same thing, the hitbox in your video does look a little weird but that's just shadow of the colossus for you; the devs said that the game code is the same as ps2 so things like these shouldn't have changed.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Started on Normal difficulty out of habit, but since the option's available from the start this time, maybe I should've gone straight for Hard. I do want to earn both sets of Time Attack unlocks.

It is weird and it bums me out that you can no longer get the lizard detector/fruit map on both difficulties. That was super handy for maxing out stats and climbing to the garden.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the forest:

26264883268_948b822301_o.png

39239296895_fab13dee0e_o.png

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Im on the latest beta and when I startup this game, it informs me that supersampling has been enabled

I take it this is the same as cinematic mode?
This game already natively supersamples in cinematic mode. I think the notification pops up if you enable the system wide supersampling. Unless you don't have it enabled, so it could mean it's new to this firmware?

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
What are the base ps4 impressions? Is the game worth playing at 30fps? Does 60 make a huge difference? I hate the idea of buying something and knowing I'm missing out on the definitive version, I may just wait til I get a Pro someday.
Base version here.

30 is absolutely Fine. Looks gorgeous. Its not a deal breaker with 30.

60 though will be 60. Difference will be there obviously.

Buy it i say. You can always play on pro later as disc will be same.

Timmy

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think im being an idiot. Just been tole about the first shrine just outside the temple. How do you pray in front of it? I have full health already if that makes a difference although I tried losing some and still cant do it.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the forest areas are some of the most visually impressive in the game. The interesting part is that what's going on here isn't all that crazy in a post Uncharted/Horizon world. It's the art direction that really makes it shine.

40101154062_98e9f0ff3a_o.png

25262304057_402d67a0b0_o.png

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I think im being an idiot. Just been tole about the first shrine just outside the temple. How do you pray in front of it? I have full health already if that makes a difference although I tried losing some and still cant do it.
Press R2 if on Modern controls when in middle of the Shrine

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I continue to be disappointed with HDR in games on my LG C6. I have to pick between everything being too dim or washed out. Messing with dynamic contrast and color kind of helps, but then I feel like I'm degrading the intended image. Sigh.

As for 60 vs 30 fps: I played the first few colossi in performance mode, then tried switching to cinematic. I couldn't stand it. I imagine it's fine if you never experience 60 but moving back to 30 felt awful. And I've played the PS2 version.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Oooooooo, I didn't know there was a mysterious new collectible. That in itself makes me want to pick up the game sooner than I might have otherwise, lol.

Voxels

Oct 27, 2017
Im really not liking this. The weight is completely gone...I kinda want them to put a 20 FPS mode in to restore the heft.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
You are playing it wrong. Explore the world. Roam bro. Colossi to Colossi is not a good approach.

I've played it a dozen times already! If I had the money to buy it I would have done what you said, but all I could afford is to rent it and take a quick tour through the game's new visuals. Feel free to paypal me $40 :P

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly so glad Sony commissioned this remake, so happy to be playing through this for the first time.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Help!

How do you get the lizards? I just ran after one, got hear it then had no idea what to do...

You should be able to just bullseye them with the bow. Easiest way is to stand a bit back from the shrines and watch for it, bulleye it from a distance then come in to collect.

Remember there's one on the main shrine - the Temple :)

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't find a video that did it exactly like your video, but this does basically the same thing, the hitbox in your video does look a little weird but that's just shadow of the colossus for you; the devs said that the game code is the same as ps2 so things like these shouldn't have changed.

Ohhh the arrows are visible on the colossus.. I don't remember them on the ps4 version..

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My theory is there will be a short, additional cutscene after the credits of the game when you collect all coins. Because I think
the Nomad Colossus is simply Wander when he turns into Dormin in the end of the game, the enlightment could be like an additional scene settled in the future where the horn buy become a "problem" so much they decide to sacrifice them to the Witch of Ico.

I got that bug too, posted the link this morning :D

Oct 27, 2017
My theory is there will be a short, additional cutscene after the credits of the game when you collect all coins. Because I think
the Nomad Colossus is simply Wander when he turns into Dormin in the end of the game, the enlightment could be like an additional scene settled in the future where the horn buy become a "problem" so much they decide to sacrifice them to the Witch of Ico.

That is a pretty sound theory!

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Just floored at how good this looks and performs. Bluepoint put themselves in the coversation with Naughty Dog/Guerrilla/Santa Monica IMO.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Nomad made a video that showed the alternate ending from Ueda, that he never made himself. Maybe this will unlock that alternate ending?

Or... You will unlock a shop where you can use your coins to buy lootboxes.

Voxels

Oct 27, 2017
But seriously, 4 things need be fixed.

1. Wonderer's face/emotions
2. Debris in last level
3. Game over screens
4. 17th colossus's negative image effect

Please BP