• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
right lads who bought from SHOPTO, if you're looking for the theme and lifesword stuff:

Login to your shopto account
Go to Orders
Click on Shadow of the Collossus order

At the bottom of the order details page there will be a button saying "Activate Code." This is for the preorder dlc shyte if you want it.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Its not about resell value but having a physical collection of a game like SoTC that you love and cherish and keep it on a shelf among all the other games you didn't finish, then point at it and say oh that one I did finish, and it was fantastic.

For me personally, resell value is really the only way to buy a game on disc. I really couldn't care less about the sentimental value.

Dawfliz

Jan 1, 2018
WOW, guys, the Special Editions is amazing.

trrMxgrr.png

This is the backcover from the steelbook and the numbers all the colossus. The marked number is the colossus that is inside the steelbook. I love this detail.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the whole auto save thing. Can you turn it off and just save manually like the original or are you stuck with auto save as the only option?

Edit: Also, when does the PSN usually update? The pre-order code still isn't working and apparently it will only work after the store updates.

Last edited:

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
I got my physical game copy.

But where's my Bonus DLC Theme and In game sword. There's no card and no automatic prompt to download when I installed the game?

They promised me the in game Bonus DLC items.

WHERE ARE THEY!!
Where did you buy it? I got mine from Amazon. The code came in a seperate email this morning. If you got it from Gamestop it is on your receipt.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
Going to pick mine up in a couple hours, I played the OG on PS2, I was only 11 or 12 yrs old so I don't remember much from it.

Sad that I'll be playing on the OG PS4, I want a pro but I'm holding out for the possible GOW bundle that's being rumoured.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Going to pick mine up in a couple hours, I played the OG on PS2, I was only 11 or 12 yrs old so I don't remember much from it.

Sad that I'll be playing on the OG PS4, I want a pro but I'm holding out for the possible GOW bundle that's being rumoured.

Don't be sad.. I have played through it on PS4 pro and Standard PS4. And it is a beautiful game even on a standard PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, got an email from Best Buy saying that my preorder for the Special Edition isn't available for pickup. Not sure what's going on, but pretty unhappy with them at the moment.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Gorgeous so far - but I do feel mixed about the changes to the art style. The enormous amount of detail, now that I've seen it in person, is pretty clearly different from what Team Ico/GenDesign would be doing based on the Last Guardian, which though detailed, still manages to have a bit of a sparse painterly look. There is something a bit clinical about how SOTC PS4 looks. It's definitely amazing, and I'm glad it exists, I just think they probably could have veered closer to the source material in terms of the art.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Was there rumble in the PS2 or PS3 versions of Shadow when the Colossi would approach you? I recall that being a thing, especially in the PS3 version that I've played within the past couple of months, but I'm not 100% sure with it sticking out after taking down the first Colossus.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy this morning. Will definitely be going with the 60 FPS option. I haven't seen much of an improvement when down-sampling from 1440p to 1080p on PC games.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Is it safe to assume that my special edition isn't going to be arriving today from amazon? It isn't showing up as shipped and I haven't been charged yet. When I check my orders it shows up as arriving today by 8pm though.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon cancelled my special edition, and now it's sold out everywhere, that is it for me, i have played and finished this game so many times but I actually wanted the special edition because it looks amazing, I guess I'll pick this up on a sale when it hits 10 or so.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Managed to take half a day off from work today. Certainly helps that I'm ACTUALLY sick too. Lol. Anyway, diving in sooner than I thought I would. Pumped!

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh played for just an hour last night before I needed to sleep for work.

Can't wait to go home and play more. Game is gorgeous and as Epic as I remember. Never beat it either so I'm so looking forward to it!

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
It's still a big jump, just like the impact we all had going from 720 to 1080p. It's hypocrisy to say that IQ improvements are "marginal".

depends how far you are sitting from TV, that is the MAIN factor that matters. you can't see the difference between 1080p and 1440p if you are sitting 6 feet from your TV.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I can def tell the difference with 1440p on my 4k set with games. I haven't fired this up yet but looking at the 1440p footage on youtube, it's def noticeable.

edit
depends how far you are sitting from TV, that is the MAIN factor that matters. you can't see the difference between 1080p and 1440p if you are sitting 6 feet from your TV.

I wanna say I sit roughly 6ft away from my 55inch set and the difference is very palpable.

Last edited:

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
The HDR on this is something else. Immediately noticeable and frankly makes a huge difference. Stunning.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Snow day tomorrow and I plowed through Yakuza 0 to finish the main story (might go back to some side stuff) yesterday. Now I can dedicate tomorrow to SotC. Can't wait to finally play it.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone linked pictures to the 18 available filters in a different thread, some of them made it look quite similar to what you're asking for.

I'm unable to find where was or who made them (Edge, perhaps?), with a bit of luck they'll read your message and put them here again.

EDIT: Ah, found it. Thanks to Hispanic Guy:

susux.jpg

I leave the rest as a spoiler, in case they're too big.
yjs7e.jpg

Bottom right in the first pic and middle in the second look close to the original game's color palette. The dark blue in the second is interesting, it'd be like playing the game in permanent night mode.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Correction. This video is using post-processing filters from video editing software, not the in-game filters. I'm starting to think that the in-game filters aren't up to the task of blowing out the bloom lighting to emulate the look of the original. They seem to be simple color overlays for the most part.

Found this video of someone trying to approximate the look of the original game's atmosphere through the use of in-game filters.

Cool stuff. I look forward to people sharing their filter presets to see how close we can get to the original's hazy, bright look.

Here's a video showing all of the in-game filters. I guess maybe Faded is the only one that gets things a bit closer to the original's look, but all it really does it wash out the image.

Last edited:

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so mad Best Buy delayed my special edition pre-order. Pre-ordered it on Jan 5th and they still delayed it. Decided to cancel it (not taking chances on them fulfilling the order before March 8th) and just order the standard edition. Now I have to wait until Thursday to play it... And I really wanted that steelbook case, too. :( (And the other in-game bonuses).

Eindyien

Oct 30, 2017
Ordered the special edition on Dec 30 from best buy and they say it's delayed now. Doubt they will get more in stock. Bleh

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I took down two colossi last night and I could not be more impressed with this remake.

What's most impressive is that they've updated the visuals yet kept the look and feel of the gameplay.

And that buttery smooth 60fps is glorious.

Clearly, some will disagree but this is the definitive version of the game for me personally. I can't imagine ever going back to the other versions.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Watching this old trailer for SotC (PS2) has me feeling so nostalgic. I was unimaginably hyped when I first saw this. At the time ICO was one of my all-time favorite games, and this mysterious next project from Team ICO looked too good to be true. Thankfully it turned out to be Ueda's masterwork, and all these years later a whole new generation will get to experience it on PS4 via the remake (albeit with a downgraded Wander face).

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sitting 6 feet away from my 65 inch telly and there is a significantly difference between 1080p and 1440p. Definitely cinematic mode for me.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
You are right that it is hard to see any difference in sharpness on between the two modes when sitting 6ft away from the TV. However, some of the motion artifacting (moving jaggies) are eliminated completely in the 1440p mode when seen on a 1080p TV so that is definitely visible, even if such moving jaggies occur pretty infrequently during the small portion of the game I've played in the 60FPS mode.

I'm sitting 6 feet away from my 65 inch telly and there is a significantly difference between 1080p and 1440p. Definitely cinematic mode for me.
On a screen that size, yeah. On my 55" 1080p screen I find it very hard to spot any difference other than the temporal aliasing I mentioned above. IMO, it's the kind of a difference that would fade away in your mind withing minutes of playing, and you'd have to remind yourself to look for it. I think you should try playing the game for 15 minutes or so in the 60FPS mode, then switch into 30FPS mode and try playing then. See how that feels.

Last edited:

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Just booted.

Mind has been blown totally. Looks gorgeous but most importantly that feel is still there.

I am just roaming here and there. Dat jungle is my god breathtaking.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I was playing it last night and think it runs great using performance mode on PS4 Pro. I love the stable 60 fps and definitely suggest this mode for any Pro owner.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BluePoint are the unquestionable kings and queens of rock textures.

The look and feel of that south coast. Mah Gawd ....

2ZKm0n9.jpg

9Bcgc9M.jpg

doInomV.jpg

oH2gyyg.jpg