• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So nobody knows if the performance mode also has HDR?

I'm also wondering if the game supports 3D audio with the platinum headset.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Disappointed to read that the theme is ugly.
I agreed it was ugly but I guess for me it was just underwhelming. For a dynamic theme there is not much going on, a static image of the small colossi on the menu screen and when you go up just a static enviroment pic. If I wasn't on my phone and away from my system I would post a pic.

In sum for me I am not mad just underwhelmed, because I was going to preorder digitally anyways. If I had bought it this way specifically for the theme though I would probably be kind of upset.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
the LE preorder supposedly came with x2 themes. Does anyone know what those look/sound like?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else not have their SE ship from Amazon?. My order says it's arriving by tomorrow but I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I agreed it was ugly but I guess for me it was just underwhelming. For a dynamic theme there is not much going on, a static image of the small colossi on the menu screen and when you go up just a static enviroment pic. If I wasn't on my phone and away from my system I would post a pic.

In sum for me I am not mad just underwhelmed, because I was going to preorder digitally anyways. If I had bought it this way specifically for the theme though I would probably be kind of upset.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I would preorder it specifically for the theme, but the best move would be to wait a couple more weeks to get it, even though it would be the same price. So I guess I'll wait.

Not to mention the 20% thing going on, if you wait just until it comes out.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I would preorder it specifically for the theme, but the best move would be to wait a couple more weeks to get it, even though it would be the same price. So I guess I'll wait.

Not to mention the 20% thing going on, if you wait just until it comes out.
Yeah, if that's your situation I would wait and get the 20% off, you will make out in the long run.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wish I could take the day off work tomorrow and just soak this in for hours.

After seeing some footage of performance mode, I was certain that I would opt for that. But I think I'll dabble in 1440p mode first just to see how it looks.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I never played it on PS2, and didn't finish it on PS3, not because I disliked it but because I was playing too many games and got sidetracked. I'm trying to decide if I should buy it again, or just boot that previous version up. I definitely need to beat it soon.

It's about 10 hours, no?

Oct 28, 2017
I was surprised when IGN called the game a 6-8 hour game. I remember it taking me like 15 hours on the PS2 version.
Probably depends on if it's your first playthrough since it can take some time to figure out what to do, especially on some of the later Colossi. Also probably depends on if you seek out all of the fruit and lizard bonuses. It definitely took me awhile on PS2 because I did everything.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm actually taking off tomorrow just for that reason!
jb268vM.gif

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Does anyone know if the Special Edition is completely sold out? I haven't really kept up. It'll help decide where I'm going to get the game.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Does the 60fps mode also supports HDR? Can't really find it in the DF article.
I don't think there's been a single case of a game selectively supporting HDR in specific modes.

I was surprised when IGN called the game a 6-8 hour game. I remember it taking me like 15 hours on the PS2 version.
Your mind is playing tricks on you. This has always been a short-ish game.
15+ is easily possible on a first playthrough without prior knowledge, exploring more thoroughly for fruit, lizards and relying on the sword shine heavily to find Colossi and their glyphs.

When you already know where the Colossi are, only the clarity of your memory and decision to collect fruit/lizard tails slows you down.

On PS2 and to a lesser degree PS3, the lacking clarity and contrast of fruit made them harder to spot on trees and the ground where they'd frequently clip partially or fully through the visible ground geometry. It was safer to shoot a fruit down and collect it immediately than shoot several and lose track of their locations.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never played it on PS2, and didn't finish it on PS3, not because I disliked it but because I was playing too many games and got sidetracked. I'm trying to decide if I should buy it again, or just boot that previous version up. I definitely need to beat it soon.

It's about 10 hours, no?
no not at all if u speedrun it it can be around 2 hours

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm so glad I preordered the Special Edition! I can't wait to play this again! It's been so long!

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered the Special Edition in December on Amazon with Prime, but it hasn't shipped and says it's arriving on Thursday. Anyone else get this too? I thought Prime pre-orders were supposed to arrive day-of.

MaDKaT

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered the Special Edition in December on Amazon with Prime, but it hasn't shipped and says it's arriving on Thursday. Anyone else get this too? I thought Prime pre-orders were supposed to arrive day-of.

Just checked and mine is showing up tomorrow by 8pm. Pre-ordered Dec 12th. Now I just need to pick up a PS4(Pro) before then.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if SunhiLegend uses a base PS4 or a PS4 Pro for creating his gifs?

He still captures all footage on a standard PS4. :) And contrary to popular belief they are also way less edited/enhanced than many claim.

Speaking of gifs, Edge, great gifs by you as well. I am really enjoying those. :)

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know exactly what the Life Sword does yet?

Deciding whether to pre-order or wait and save the 20% off with code

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just managed to pre-order the special edition off Newegg. It is restocking on and off. Weirdly enough, I have not received a confirmation email from them yet, but I was sent a pre-order DLC code? I'm hoping the order went through okay.

No idea what I'm going to do with the standard edition I had pre-ordered awhile back. It's already shipped so I can't cancel it. I was seriously not expecting to get my hands on the special edition with it being out of stock everywhere.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's been a single case of a game selectively supporting HDR in specific modes.

15+ is easily possible on a first playthrough without prior knowledge, exploring more thoroughly for fruit, lizards and relying on the sword shine heavily to find Colossi and their glyphs.

When you already know where the Colossi are, only the clarity of your memory and decision to collect fruit/lizard tails slows you down.

On PS2 and to a lesser degree PS3, the lacking clarity and contrast of fruit made them harder to spot on trees and the ground where they'd frequently clip partially or fully through the visible ground geometry. It was safer to shoot a fruit down and collect it immediately than shoot several and lose track of their locations.
First time I played the game I distinctly remember my final save (before the final boss) clocking at around 8~ hours.
Seems to be close to the average
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=8348
Since then I've played this game multiple times over across two platforms, of course!

To take 15 hours on your first playthrough you'd have play at a seriously leisurely pace and explore every nook and cranny I think. :P

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Speaking of gifs, Edge, great guifs by you as well. I am really enjoying those. :)

Thank you very much! :) That feels good to hear. I mean, my gifs are just 100% authentic gameplay scenes without any fancy editing and they can't really compete against SunhiLegends "bullshots" (:P), but I try my best to show the natural pure beauty of the game.