• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
watched the tetris effect run. looked pretty basic, honestly. expert in Effect is EZ.
j19bt.jpg

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
BTW, of those I've watched, I definitely second the Wii Punch-Out run, that was incredible.

I also recommend both Dark Souls (DS1 and DS2) runs if you're a fan of the series, it's humbling and exhilarating to see those games pretty much turned into EZ NO RE mode.

And Resident Evil 2 Remake was fun as hell, too. Some moments were really tense but the runner pulled through.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they'll also reach the Chrono Trigger incentive now.

Will see how much they push for it. Normally a good indicator of how "destined" it is on the big amounts.

Edit: considering their estimate is over the current 100% glitcheless WR and it's being run by that WR holder, I'd say there is a good chance of it being met.

Last edited:

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
That's kinda what I'm worried about. I've not seen it, so it's possible it's absolutely mind-blowing and "worth" it, but 300k for 17-18mins is a very high money/minute ratio and I think some might be disappointed.

Well I will not spoil it for you as it is pretty impressive/unique. My dislike of the category is in comparison to other categories and a general dislike of "super glitched skip everything" runs/personal preference and not an indicator of the actual quality of the run.

Edit: derp, meant to add this to last post but hit post without thinking.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Link to the Past + Super Metroid Combo Randomizer is like some bullshit you would hear on the playground that the kid swears is a thing in Japan and coming next summer.

It is just bonkers to me where romhacking is at, and that it is relatively painless to get running on original hardware.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I wonder how Narcissa is doing.

(Edit: Went to look up that Ocarina speedrun history video the runner mentioned at the end of his run, and naturally it's misgendering and deadnaming Narcissa throughout. Just a fantastic community.)

Last edited:

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
How much time does the Chrono Trigger 100% incentive add to the already six-hour run?
The WRs for 100% glitchless are already around 5:25, so I wouldn't be surprised if they already took it into account when planning the slot. I mean, it's the end of a massive event so I guess they can't just suddenly make it 2 hours longer than they said before. Any% records are closer to 2.5 hours, but those aren't glitchless, so tbh I'm not sure but it's likely somewhere in the middle.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Always wondered, what's the longest game that a number of people actively play and try to improve on? Maybe not brand new games that people are just trying to figure out, but older games that still can't be beaten sub-4 hours or longer, Any%?

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Can finally watch live all night now, I've caught a few runs through the week but I've got so much to catch up on lol.
Gonna try and stay awake til 7am for chrono trigger.

May 30, 2018
so wait, this isn't a race? i don't quite understand the co-op part, since it doesn't seem like it's syncing their boards.

EDIT: or maybe it is, just takes a bit? still confused ultimately.

Oct 27, 2017
This is super interesting but they did a terrible job explaining what's happening. Going 10 minutes before explaining the goal isn't great.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The randomizer is cool in theory, but really needs great personalities to keep me interested. This couch seems pretty solid so far, which is nice.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get what it means by "randomizer" but just that alone sounds like it's gonna be crazy lol.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get what it means by "randomizer" but just that alone sounds like it's gonna be crazy lol.
Randomizer mods apply a patch to a ROM/game data that typically mixes up the locations of every item in the game. Sometimes stuff like enemy drops/positions are also mixed up too.

There's usually logic implemented so that the game isn't rendered unbeatable (for example, a Dark Souls randomizer would not place the Lordvessal behind an orange fog gate), but sometimes "unbeatable" means "unbeatable when taking glitches into account".

This particular mod combines Link to the Past and Super Metroid into one game (two games that have popular individual randomizer mods), with items for each game split across the two, and the ability to switch between which game is "active". You can read more about it here: https://samus.link/

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know: The key-items are in different locations. Every chest could potentially hold such an item.
Randomizer mods apply a patch to a ROM/game data that typically mixes up the locations of every item in the game. Sometimes stuff like enemy drops/positions are also mixed up too.

There's usually logic implemented so that the game isn't rendered unbeatable (for example, a Dark Souls randomizer would not place the Lordvessal behind an orange fog gate), but sometimes "unbeatable" means "unbeatable when taking glitches into account".

This particular mod combines Link to the Past and Super Metroid into one game (two games that have popular individual randomizer mods), with items for each game split across the two, and the ability to switch between which game is "active". You can read more about it here: https://samus.link/
Wow that's amazing lol.