• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Thursday will be hype af: KH3, Super Mario World, Banjo-Kazooie, Double Dash, Galaxy 2, Fire Emblem Fates, Cave Story, Super Bomberman 2, TMNTIV Turtles in Time.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any Mario Maker races, those are always fun, darn.

Can't wait for that Super Metroid/LTTP randomizer, that shit is great.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
51A0DG9C2EL._SY445_.jpg

They're speedrunning this game this year

One of the core game mechanics involves you farting

It's going to be a great awful block.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Event-Info.png

Summer Games Done Quick 2019 is a 7-day event (from June 23rd - June 30th) benefiting Doctors Without Borders.​
Featuring over 150 events, SGDQ 2019 will continue through every hour of every day over this coming week in an effort to raise the most money possible for the Doctors Without Borders.​
More, a number of bonus events are locked behind donation goals and different events have various prizes that donators can win as an added incentive.​
Every year, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides emergency medical care to millions of people caught in crises in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF provides assistance when catastrophic events—such as armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, or natural disasters—overwhelm local health systems. MSF also assists people who face discrimination or neglect from their local health systems or when populations are otherwise excluded from health care.​
MSF is a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization that aims first and foremost to provide high-quality medical care to the people who need it the most. It does not promote the agenda of any country, political party, or religious faith, and, as such, endeavors to communicate its history, background, and capabilities to all parties in a given situation so that it may gain the necessary access to populations in need.​
The Doctors Without Borders charter can be viewed HERE.​

Important-Links.png

GDQ has partnered with Twitch.tv to stream this whole event.​

This schedule is converted to your local time, no having to deal with timezones!​

Don't forget to check out the Prize Index and Bid Index to see incentives and prizes you can win just by donating!

Vods.png
Missed a run? Here you will find the VODs for past runs. (Will be updated when posted!)

Click the above banner to view the official list of Merch sponsors including The Yetee and FanGamer!

Thanks to the Streams & Dreams discord for putting together the thread. If you have any suggestions, please contact Fish in the discussion Discord (Invites available upon request). Enjoy the marathon!​
please update your theyetee links, both the pic and text link are wrong: https://theyetee.com/collections/sgdq

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Some pretty good games in that line up, lots to look forward too! Punch Out on Wii, Sunshine race, randomisers and some other titles we haven't seen before. Didn't we just get a majoras mask 100% at the last one? Or did I make that up?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I wish they'd do is show the current world record along with the estimate, just so you get a sense of how quickly the game COULD be beaten. The estimate is usually very conservative.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
My body is ready! Can't wait for it to kick off later today. Missed last year's SGDQ cause I was on holiday but this year I am back (after another amazing AGDQ in January this year) :)

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go again. Think SGDQ is my favorite of these events. ESA ones have been growing on me though.

By the by, there a better place then twitch for full marathon vods now? Now that prime members also get ads it's really fucking me up when trying to watch stuff though later. Like every few times an ad comes up on the mobile app it resets my progress on a 20 hour video that I'm trying to go though over several days.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, gonna miss the entire week of this while on holidays. First time missing one of these in years. Gonna have a heck of a backlog when I get home next Monday.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Here we go again. Think SGDQ is my favorite of these events. ESA ones have been growing on me though.

By the by, there a better place then twitch for full marathon vods now? Now that prime members also get ads it's really fucking me up when trying to watch stuff though later. Like every few times an ad comes up on the mobile app it resets my progress on a 20 hour video that I'm trying to go though over several days.

GDQ have been getting better at uploading the runs to their Youtube quicker so that might be a good place.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
No Sekiro? Interesting

People have to submit what games they are gonna run months in advance. Sekiro only came out in March. Considering the speedruns change dramatically during the first few months after release, the estimated time can be significantly altered by the time Games Done Quick starts. You'll probably seeing it a Awesome Games Done Quick in six months.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
GDQ have been getting better at uploading the runs to their Youtube quicker so that might be a good place.

I have liked/used the full stream uploads on twitch in the past to get the full event, with mid run music and segments intact. Along with it saving my place between pc and mobile viewing for when I'm moving about. For just watching single runs, yeah youtube is fine.

The twitch ads are just getting horrible though. A few just freeze whatever I'm watching it on in a loading cycle unless I hit the "learn more" button to open up the ad in my browser even. Which is annoying when I'm just trying to run the stream to catch up while cooking or something. :c

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Already bought my yearly pile up tank top. Very excited for some of the runs this year. First day is a very nice mix though!

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to TMNT3 with PJ and Mecha Richter. Should be hilarious.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like we just had one a couple months ago. Not complaining though as these are always a treat to watch.

Boo to no Diddy Kong Racing though.