• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was ... lazy

And what the fuck is the ken hairband doing as a scarf
People need to learn the definition of lazy. You can dislike the pick, but him being an alternate version of Ryu doesn't make the choice inherently "lazy." If you watched two seconds of the trailer you could tell there's plenty of differences between the two, and it actually adds to the lore of the series.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Psycho Ken would've been a breathe of fresh air, not only has story wise made this character redundant, but we've seen him so much already.

Still a chance for Ryu to be good again, so eh..I'm ok with it. Momochi pick him up and own

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When CAPCOM makes some good designs, the hit it out of the damn park. But when they miss, they fuckin MISS.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
QhAknJh.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
People need to learn the definition of lazy. You can dislike the pick, but him being an alternate version of Ryu doesn't make the choice inherently "lazy." If you watched two seconds of the trailer you could tell there's plenty of differences between the two, and it actually adds to the lore of the series.

ok sorry

The design is INSANELY lazy
So lazy that my first reaction was to post on the "Why women criticise sexualised character designs" thread =P

But yeah the animations are cool

And if by "adds to the lore" you mean "completely contradicts" than yeah

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We're practically entering "lazy dev" territory here. Look, you can dislike the pick all you want, but he clearly has a lot of unique animations going on. It ain't a palette swap.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
The Satsui no Hado was conquered by the Power of Nothingness, he shouldn't have any darkness left in him (unless this is supposed to take place during the story mode).

Like I get its fighting game lore, and none of it matters, but I just find this character really uninspired, and instead of having needed character growth, its just "bring back Evil Ryu in anyway possible!"
Its not in him

Its out of him

Kage is a manifestation of that, he's a ghost my dude

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm in for a 4th season, but I need to be told at least one more good character for me to pick up the pass

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom need to tell people what up with season 4 cause until then they getting no money from me.
Even if Kage look like fun .

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
So could all of this been avoided if Ryu just killed one person? Was Dhalsim trying to get Ryu to commit murder?

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
No Season 4 announcement? If not here, where would it be?
"Kage is only the beginning of the next season of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition! We're doing things differently this year, so we're eager to share the details with you soon! Thank you for all the continued support. We can't wait to show off what's next in 2019!"

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The design is boring. Might have been interesting to commit to the idea of 'Ryu's Shadow' visually, instead of just being Evil Ryu.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Kage is only the beginning of the next season of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition! We're doing things differently this year, so we're eager to share the details with you soon! Thank you for all the continued support. We can't wait to show off what's next in 2019!"
I wish I read this before making that dumbass thread

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ok sorry

The design is INSANELY lazy

But yeah the animations are cool

And if by "adds to the lore" you mean "completely contradicts" than yeah
No, none of this is true. They literally had a clip from the story mode to justify his existence. But it's clear you only see what you want to see as opposed to what's there, so it's probably not even worth wasting the time with someone like you. If you think this guy is a carbon copy of Ryu then I would seriously recommend getting your eyes checked.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Its not in him

Its out of him

Kage is a manifestation of that, he's a ghost my dude
I know its not him, Im saying that lore wise, we should be over this character concept already. "The Evil Ryu" has been done to death, hell thats basically what Akuma is, and I thought with the ending to the SFV story mode, that would be it.

Like I wouldnt mind them keeping Evil Ryus/Kages moveset, with his stomps and crazy tatsus, but gave it to a completely different character. Like maybe someone else who is manifesting the Satsui no Hado, or someone related to Necalli, just anything but Kage.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kage theme is meh.

SFV soundtrack was the biggest downgrade from SFIV

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didnt Ultra add Hugo,Poison,Elena, and Rolento? Dont lose hope yet, there still might me chance for new characters.
Yes, all characters directly ripped from SFxT, along with some stages.

The only viable asset rip this time is Haggar from MvCI, but i wouldn't complain about that.

Yes actually, new mechanics introduced into sequels. V-Trigger sucks
Things can always get worse. I wouldn't be surprised if SFV has 3 auto-combo buttons at this point.