• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Two things

1- This is letting me know not to bother supporting the next street fighte until 4 years after release

2- did they really put e Honda's stage in the game without putting him in the game?
1. i mean hello, are you new to street fighter. if you want everything cheap you wait, but then you miss out on playing the game for years with everyone and get bodied by the time you do to save a few bucks

2. look harder

Oct 25, 2017
So wait the upgrade pack is everything? Characters, stages, costumes? Damn I haven't bought anything since S2, but I will definitely jump on that.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game on release and this will be the second time I buy it, great value.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm honestly glad to see a single, low-priced boxed edition of the game with all the actual content and no MTX bullshit.

Will fight money become pointless now? If there's literally nothing to buy, I wonder if they'll just remove the FM system for Champion Edition owners.
There are certain costumes offered exclusively through a lootbox style system that costs FM, so there will still be some reason to collect it.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling this version of Gill. He doesn't seem as cool ( for lack of a better term) or insane as he did in third strike, i know the had to make him slower but he feels off, and that voice yuck not feeling it. Super is fire tho.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I was holding off on buying SFV until a "complete edition" released. I'm guessing this is it? Or do people expect more DLC to release after February 2020?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Feels a little too late to me, but glad they're able to wrap up the game nicely such that it can at least have more long term lifespan thanks to finally having a proper bundle. This is the first time since the game came out that they include any kind of bundle with the arenas (Unless I'm wrong they were always Fight Money additions only).

Not sure that many people wanted Gill, at least not over returning characters, but he seems neat enough. The upgrade price point seems reasonable, though I wish it took what you already had more in consideration.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I got the original barebones game at launch. Been grinding fight money till now but this editions price tag seems worth jumping on. Ill get it on PC along the line. Will be nice to have everything and not sacrifice stages for new characters.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling this version of Gill. He doesn't seem as cool ( for lack of a better term) or insane as he did in third strike, i know the had to make him slower but he feels off, and that voice yuck not feeling it. Super is fire tho.
The V-Trigger for Gill when he's the Arcade Mode boss will almost certainly be Resurrection.

Including in the competitive game would give everyone Dark Phoenix PTSD.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I was holding off on buying SFV until a "complete edition "released. I'm guessing this is it? Or do people expect more DLC to release after February 2020?

This will probably be as content complete as you're going to get. The only thing you're likely to miss out on are some shitty costumes.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
1 - so you wont play the game for 4 years then...ok? I never understood this reasoning. "ill wait for a sale!" sure, but meanwhile other people are playing it, that's the whole point

2 - Honda has been in the game for ages
I didn't see any thread on Honda

also I'm not doing this years of nickel and diming Capcom is on. Unless they put all my mains in there in the vanilla version i ain't supporting anything.

So might as well wait.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the disc version is just going to be the base game, plus a digital code for all of the content? Meaning on PS4, it's all going to be tied to one single CFN account, and other users can't access anything that was DLC? Is that how the Arcade Edition physical package did it?
Yes was just a code and everything account locked, not even other users on same console can play it.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
the * fine print says it doesn't include brand stuff

GQPFmUl.png

So it includes EVERYTHING*

:p

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

also I'm not doing this years of nickel and diming Capcom is on. Unless they put all my mains in there in the vanilla version i ain't supporting anything.

So might as well wait.
Because he was lumped with Poison & Lucia. Likewise, the release structure of DLC characters is basically the norm for all fighting games now, even Smash.

Oct 25, 2017
I was holding off on buying SFV until a "complete edition "released. I'm guessing this is it? Or do people expect more DLC to release after February 2020?

I'm pretty sure Ono said there would be an announcement in Nov (this one obviously) and Dec (at Capcom Cup) and then updates would be frozen until after the Olympics. That would imply there will be more stuff after then although what form that may take who knows at this point.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feeling vindicated after not spending a dime on the guy since launch. Looking forward to having every DLC character and stage on deck.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

So might as well wait.
It's how every company pumps out fighting game DLC now. MK11 will have 2 $40 season passes and within a couple of years you'll be able to pick up MK11 XL for $20 or less during every sale.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The V-Trigger for Gill when he's the Arcade Mode boss will almost certainly be Resurrection.

Including in the competitive game would give everyone Dark Phoenix PTSD.
I'm cool with them dropping resurrection they had to, but he just seems off to me. He's not menacing anymore his hits feel soft lol like a lack of impact.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I hope with this update they finally fixed some of the game's clipping. It can be really bad with hair.
Can't wait to nab this, regardless! I love me some SFV.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All characters including Evil Ryu?
All costumes including that double one for Cammy that you can change in round 2?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Technically I can play Makoto right now in Street Fighter III with that logic
And with that logic they don't need to add her to SF6 either.

Adding a character I really like to a game I don't like that much isn't gonna make me magically fall in love with SFV again, that time is done.
But what is the point of saving her for SF6 when she could be in both? I feel there's the implication that her inclusion in SFV would somehow negatively influence a hypothetical SF6 appearance, which I don't quite get.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$30 for all of that is insane but the upgrade path still being $25 is weird I mean I guess its still a good price but its just a weird thing why not just make it $30 across the board.