• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Posted this in The Bucket but wanted to mention it here too. If anyone is in San Jose or South Bay check out Antipastos on McKee. It's a family run Italian deli. Their vegetable ravioli with meat sauce is legit and their meatballl sandwich is so tasty. We also stopped off at Peters Bakery for some sweets. They're famous for their burnt almond cake. I got a doughnut and a piece of apple pie.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in The Bucket but wanted to mention it here too. If anyone is in San Jose or South Bay check out Antipastos on McKee. It's a family run Italian deli. Their vegetable ravioli with meat sauce is legit and their meatballl sandwich is so tasty. We also stopped off at Peters Bakery for some sweets. They're famous for their burnt almond cake. I got a doughnut and a piece of apple pie.
Antipastos... Near Toyon Avenue? I've been getting recommendations to go there. Even my dad got interested. But I always am reluctant to go anywhere new because I don't know what to get. Thanks for these images.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Antipastos... Near Toyon Avenue? I've been getting recommendations to go there. Even my dad got interested. But I always am reluctant to go anywhere new because I don't know what to get. Thanks for these images.

Yeah that's the one. It's just a simple Italian deli, the kind of neighborhood spot that's been around for many years. It's got your steam table items like lasagna as well as sandwiches. Good stuff!

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Sup. I'm in the East Bay! It's great here if you can find an affordable place.

Anyone else play badminton? It's a super-underrated sport in America. My tiny crew are always lookin' for new peeps to join the fun, so message me if you're interested. I would call us advanced beginner / lower intermediate prolly, playin' for ~3 years with increasing intensity. We frequent the courts in Emeryville and Union City.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Sup. I'm in the East Bay! It's great here if you can find an affordable place.

Anyone else play badminton? It's a super-underrated sport in America. My tiny crew are always lookin' for new peeps to join the fun, so message me if you're interested. I would call us advanced beginner / lower intermediate prolly, playin' for ~3 years with increasing intensity. We frequent the courts in Emeryville and Union City.

Weirdly enough I was taking a break today with a friend and he mentioned he's doing intramural badminton. I actually have played before, but I was never great at it. Maybe I'll join you one day.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's Friday and it's payday, but I don't know what to do in the city right now. Anyone know of anything interesting going on? I'm going to check SF Funcheap, but thought of stopping by here first.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
haha that's awesome. antipasto's is right by my parents house. grew up off mckee. love that place and peter's bakery (had burnt almond cake every year for my birthday from like 3 - 21 lol)

other cool spots in san jose - la victoria taqueria. id recommend the super flour quesadilla with whatever selection of meat you want and make sure to ask for the orange sauce. i drench my quesadilla with that stuff. the best orange sauce in the south bay no question!

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly enough I was taking a break today with a friend and he mentioned he's doing intramural badminton. I actually have played before, but I was never great at it. Maybe I'll join you one day.

Cool. :) I encourage you to check it out, it's super fuckin' fun.

I saw your post mentioning peninsula/Berkeley. Berkeley has weekly badminton games at that beautiful Rec Sports facility. It's too expensive for me as a non-student but apparently free for undergrads?

If that's not enough I recommend the class at Merritt College. Cheap (~45/semester) and basically just an excuse to play. If you want to learn people will help you though. Lots of gray-haired pros come to play there.

On the peninsula there is this place in South SF (never been) and this fellow seems cool, though I never reached out since I live in the East Bay and am probably not good enough to hang with them yet.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I don't like La Vic's. I'm a fan of El Paisa, La Costa (GOAT Shrimp Burritos), and Mi Tierra Carniceria.

My buddy took me to some lady who sold tamales outside this shady ass liquor store and the tamales were so good. She'd prepare them with salsas, sour cream, and cheese. The only other place I'd buy tamales from is the family that sets up by the Bank of America at Marina Foods. They make some bomb ass tamales.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BubbaKrumpz Which La Costa? There's like two on Monterey haha.

I used to frequent La Vic's but two bad quesadillas soured my views on them. I normally stick to Super Taqueria on 10th street. Either that or there's a really small place on McKee called El Rancherito with some good tortas.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty cold. In just over a week I'm heading to my home town in Washington state and it is already snowing up there... We have to get snow tires on our car before the drive up now. I've been down here over five years now and I think I am a wimp when it comes to the cold. I used to live in Alaska and deal with sub-zero temps regularly in the winter. smh

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is pretty cold. In just over a week I'm heading to my home town in Washington state and it is already snowing up there... We have to get snow tires on our car before the drive up now. I've been down here over five years now and I think I am a wimp when it comes to the cold. I used to live in Alaska and deal with sub-zero temps regularly in the winter. smh
Exactly! I was born in raised in cold and windy Missouri winters and now I'm complaining about being cold here. I have to be back in Missouri in two weeks, so we'll see how I can stand.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Turned on the heat for the first time this winter, so yea, it's cold. Or at least, California cold. I lived in the NE before this and the winter storms was one of my motivations for coming out to California.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone go to the Tekken tournament? I was only there for a couple hours (watching finals now from home). I went mostly to play Dragonball FighterZ which is dooooooope.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Not into fighting games. Has anyone gone to day of the devs? I saw some online ad for it but didn't go even though it was free.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Friend I was with tonight went. Said the folks from Supergiant games were playing their soundtracks live, which is pretty cool. Didn't sound too exciting beyond that though.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on being in town the last weekend of January for a Sketchfest panel.

It was great hanging out with you at PSX two years ago. Anyone interested in a Bay Area Reset Meetup?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all!

Lived in Menlo Park 5 years ago for 6 months. I loved the Bay Area and would like to go back there, at least for a one-month holiday.

You guys live in a great place!!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an entrance fee to get it? I remember driving by it a couple years ago, and forgot all about it.

OP
OP
kristoffer

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
I'm always wary of events without entrance fees. It's the tried and true way to keep freaks out. It's horrible when there's a beer festival though and the fee's $50.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
There's nothing wrong with Christmas in the park. It's fine just to take your family and walk around. Plus that ice skating rink is right there as well but idk how much it costs.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always wary of events without entrance fees. It's the tried and true way to keep freaks out. It's horrible when there's a beer festival though and the fee's $50.
It's a very family friendly event. I wouldn't worry about it and if you've never been, you should at least go once.