• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming that COVID-19 will die down once Spring comes around. Only a matter of time.

Ahah, well, it seems like a micro SF meetup will never happen.

19th? Daly City people aren't fucking around. It does remind me of back home a little, but not really.
Mayyyyn we just gotta actually set it up.

Dec 4, 2018
GDC sounds pretty convenient. Especially with the potential of other people traveling for the conference that happen to be members of this board.

I know a nice restaurant / lounge that doesn't get packed near the event for a meetup. It's been my go-to for two years when in SF.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
GDC sounds pretty convenient. Especially with the potential of other people traveling for the conference that happen to be members of this board.

I know a nice restaurant / lounge that doesn't get packed near the event for a meetup. It's been my go-to for two years when in SF.
Which spot is this? I used to work right around there...

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
The Tempest.

I went there and found none of the GDC crowds. The place does have a classic / older type vibe which probably clashes with the young crowd at GDC. Probably a sign that I'm becoming an old fart.
Ah yeah Tempest is alright. Could definitely see it avoiding the GDC crowds but it gets pretty packed for sports. I'm still relatively young and I prefer dives like that.

Dec 4, 2018
Looks like GDC is going to be a bust for some people. Facebook and Sony pulled out. I would not be surprised if the rest of Silicon Valley attending the show pull out as well.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I have some friends from Texas coming down in a couple weeks. Do any of you peeps have breakfast taco (NOT BURRITO) suggestions? I haven't been able to find any good ones in my two years here.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like GDC is going to be a bust for some people. Facebook and Sony pulled out. I would not be surprised if the rest of Silicon Valley attending the show pull out as well.
Time for us to take the town by storm. It's in a couple weeks? Are we still planning something around GDC?

Dec 4, 2018
Time for us to take the town by storm. It's in a couple weeks? Are we still planning something around GDC?

Didn't consider myself part of the planning crew. Moreover, it is a BAY AREA meetup technically so GDC or it's time frame should be irrelevant. Throwing this out there... How about something this or next weekend? Do we need to hire security for you? :P

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't consider myself part of the planning crew. Moreover, it is a BAY AREA meetup technically so GDC or it's time frame should be irrelevant. Throwing this out there... How about something this or next weekend? Do we need to hire security for you? :P
I think if we can get a confirmation from hateradio we can get a stew goin'. finalflame and Soma too?

I'm more available this weekend than next but may be too short of notice, I could make time next weekend.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Hey, I have some friends from Texas coming down in a couple weeks. Do any of you peeps have breakfast taco (NOT BURRITO) suggestions? I haven't been able to find any good ones in my two years here.
As a Mexican, what the hell is a breakfast taco?

Like chorizo con huevo en una tortilla de maíz? :p

I'm down. But I don't know if hateradio will want me around since I'm from the South Bay
/s
The south who? /s

Everyone is INVITED!

That would be cool. I'm game. Probably better I do something different besides work, work at home, WoW, and more work.
If y'all want to hang out on Saturday or Sunday (28 or 29), I can make it, but I need confirmations!!!

I am going to TurboDrive tomorrow at DNA Lounge.

www.dnalounge.com

DNA Lounge: Turbo Drive: Centric81, 21 Feb 2020 (Fri)

Synthwave! Centric81 creates pieces full of sonic terrain covering cinematic, retro-themed ambient and downtempo tracks that encompass both ethereal and darker vibes. Each track takes the listener through a journey of sound, some energetic and some more mesmerizing and chilled. Command...

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shi that should be fun, I'll see I have some plans prior down here but let's def plan next week.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Oooh a meetup? I'm down to do stuff next week

lQPUpa7.gif

Dec 4, 2018
I'm up for it depending on the type of scene. I'm more of a social bar / coffee shop type for meeting up with people I haven't met in person. (As far as I know.)

Dec 4, 2018
Sure, that works. What time Friday? As long as I know ahead of time, I can do as early as 2 PM up to 7 PM. Should we set up a calendar and send invites?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
The only ones I've ever made were when I was kid, then later with just Maseca . . .
I'm hit or miss at corn (I can never get the press right. They're always too thick), but kill at flour (Bless HEB's recipe!). I ended up making breakfast tacos yesterday morning. They did not taste as good as not having to make them at all. Haha!

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I could potentially swing Saturday. Just not as long, but let's do that if possible since hateradio has been trying this for what feels like years :)

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Real sorry I might not be able to now, plans that were canceled in the morning were back sprung on now (moving in my cat) so I don't wanna ditch her only a couple hours after she gets in a new spot. CRAP

Sorry

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I'm free in the afternoon as well! Probably closer to 3 or 4 but I'll be there 👍
Same here, after 2 closer to 3

Are you two still on? :P

I guess I can watch a movie at AMC as a backup if no one is going.

Real sorry I might not be able to now, plans that were canceled in the morning were back sprung on now (moving in my cat) so I don't wanna ditch her only a couple hours after she gets in a new spot. CRAP

Sorry
:(

Dec 4, 2018

Sorry

No Problem. Just pm us your address, phone number, and WiFi password. Bring the party to you. 😋

hateradio I'm walking over there to check the place out now

Last edited: