• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
tumblr_oemsboLycT1qdzoq5o1_1280.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Always been a huge fan of the Pearl White GameCube, to the extent that I bought one when they came out (exclusive in a bundle here) and sold my OG Black GameCube.

5hbi8jessfb41.jpg

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
PS3 slim is probably my favourite console design ever. PS4 slim came close. It was a shame that they followed up the PS3 slim with the POS super slim. The 360 S or whatever the smaller glossy redesign was called was also very very nice.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I wish someone made a PC mini ITX case mimicking the PC-FX's design.

1280px-NEC-PC-FX-wController-R.jpg

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am very partial to the Switch, PS4 Slim, PS3 Slim, Wii and Wii U.

Wii-console.jpg

OG Wii is a thing of pure beauty. It's my favourite console design ever by a long shot. The angling and design of the stand is a thing of genius. What a beaut. It's, like, top tier design across the whole electronics industry.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
OG Wii is a thing of pure beauty. It's my favourite console design ever by a long shot. The angling and design of the stand is a thing of genius. What a beaut. It's, like, top tier design across the whole electronics industry.
The only thing I don't like about it is how flimsy the plastic on the console itself feels.

I miss the Wii remote, honestly. Playing Mario Galaxy on Switch with the joy-con pointer gets pretty close but it's not as comfortable as the Wii Remote was and also pointer features are nowhere near as prevalent. And it looked fantastic design-wise too.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
some really good stuff on first page.
promo shots are doing them favors too i guess.
but i really like ps3 slim, ps2 slim, ds lite.
also 360 doesn't get enough credit i think.
it had a really distinct design that i loved.
looked equally cool horizontal or vertical too.
(which as we see at this gen, not an easy task to pull of)

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm not even going to lie - I bought an Xbox Series S in part because it's tiny and sleek. Never owned an Xbox before, and it's kind of redundant when you're mostly on PC.

Xbox-Series-S-controller-against-the-console.jpg

ajgjaPNNW7XTBxW3uxY92e.jpg

oTZdUKGJftiu3FBrPGToRA.jpg

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to lie - I bought an Xbox Series S in part because it's tiny and sleek. Never owned an Xbox before, and it's kind of redundant when you're mostly on PC.

The Series S is really awesome looking. I really liked the mock up someone made where they painted the black circle red so it looked like the Japanese flag.

I don't have a picture but I always thought the GBA SP NES looked really slick.

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
OG PS2 and PSP top it for me. PS5 digital and series S are beautiful too.

This one looks sexy - looks like a slab of gold:
ruJJdTH.jpg

u8AwJTi.jpg

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

I agree, the Series S is a great looking piece of hardware. It's minimalist, but the big black circle gives it character and keeps it from being boring. Plus it is so small and unobtrusive.

yrcmlived

Jan 29, 2020
As console design (excluding limited edition) for me

SNES
PS2 Slim 9000 black
PSP 1000 white
xbox 360 last mode
ps3 slim
ps4 pro black
ps4 slim white
xbox one series s

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of my favorites have been mentioned like Blue PS Vita, Pokemon New 3DS, One S, and so on. I'll add

1709629_sa.jpg

I thought this would look cheap as hell when it was announced but I got one as my first 3DS. Thing looks great! Especially love how deep the red is on it.

I also like my PS5 DE, the disc version looks weird imo but the digital version is fine imo.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I also like my PS5 DE, the disc version looks weird imo but the digital version is fine imo.

Its like they desgined the DE first and at the last minute realized they also needed a model with a disc drive and just slapped one on there.
My thoughts exactly. It looks like an afterthought that shouldn't be there and the asymmetry on top of the already outlandish design just looks bad imo. My DE brings me joy when I see it though, especially because my setup obscures the large depth of the console to a degree (it is standing between books and an upright Xbox One X)

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not a console, but in the spirit of the thread I'd like to supply the 1970's SF aesthetic of the original Computer Space arcade cabinet, before a standardised arcade cabinet was even a thing:

aauN0mB.png

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Always regretted not getting the PS2 Slim white when I had the chance. Still, even the black one looks slick as fuck compared to the tuurd that was the VHS PS2.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Xbox 360 is one of the best designed consumer products ever made, apart from hardware failures.

1200px-Xbox_360.jpg

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I like the Dreamcast as is, tbh.

In image-heavy threads like these, it's even more apparent that people don't ever resize their pictures. Some of these images are larger than the console itself