• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Way too many straight people in this post are telling queer people, in particular gay men, how they shouldn't be airing out Lindsay's dirty laundry. This is not some homophobic movement lead by anti-gay folks, this is a movement by gay men for gay men. Stay in your lane and don't speak up over us.
Yeah, I feel bad for saying anything. I wasn't meaning to speak over. I was just running my mouth and should have stayed in my lane, as you put it. Sorry for any bad feelings I put out there. I will mind my manners in the future.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This is only part of the story

I suspect this story will be an October surprise.

Unless this dude is going to release what information he has instead of just trying to tease people with it, he needs to honestly shut the fuck up.

If there's pertinent information that the American public should know about our elected officials then they should be made aware of it, not dangled around by people trying to seek attention.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again I think the real thing here is "who owns Lindsey Graham"? Remember how anti Trump he was and the he wasn't? Information like this is probably already weaponized. It has to get out do damage done by it can be investigated.
If he was some CEO or some celeb I agree. The fact that he is a lawmaker is important.

There's a reasonable calculation that Graham's switch was related to his well known predilection for coat tail riding - but it was so sudden and uncalculated (you'd think a cynical politician would create a week of "evolution" on the topic to make it more convincing and reversible) - that it shocked me at the time.

But that's not the suspicious part.

The suspicious part is that in the same 24-48 hour period he flipped to hard Trumper (literally reverse paraphrasing his own "kook" insults as Dem slander) - he also got unprecedented personal access to his till-that-moment hated foe, Donald Trump. He was also (much later) one of the handlers (along bizarrely with Kid Rock) who Barr sent to keep Trump off Twitter the weekend he presented the Mueller Findings as opposite to what they actually said. That period was one of the longest Twitter pauses in Trump's entire presidency and it was carefully arranged because they knew that simply telling him this would not work.

I've frequently surmised that there's blackmail material on Graham that goes beyond his sexuality - because as others have said, that wouldn't be enough in DC - but sex workers and specifics might, and I suspect that the person most aggrieved at this sex worker coming forward, isn't Graham himself, but rather someone with leverage over Graham. I'd guess David Pecker or similar based on the instant, literally overnight access to sworn enemy Trump - and Graham for a while continued an anti-Russia stance, so it wasn't Putin.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
There's a reasonable calculation that Graham's switch was related to his well known predilection for coat tail riding - but it was so sudden and uncalculated (you'd think a cynical politician would create a week of "evolution" on the topic to make it more convincing and reversible) - that it shocked me at the time.

But that's not the suspicious part.

The suspicious part is that in the same 24-48 hour period he flipped to hard Trumper (literally reverse paraphrasing his own "kook" insults as Dem slander) - he also got unprecedented personal access to his till-that-moment hated foe, Donald Trump. He was also (much later) one of the handlers (along bizarrely with Kid Rock) who Barr sent to keep Trump off Twitter the weekend he presented the Mueller Findings as opposite to what they actually said. That period was one of the longest Twitter pauses in Trump's entire presidency and it was carefully arranged because they knew that simply telling him this would not work.

I've frequently surmised that there's blackmail material on Graham that goes beyond his sexuality - because as others have said, that wouldn't be enough in DC - but sex workers and specifics might, and I suspect that the person most aggrieved at this sex worker coming forward, isn't Graham himself, but rather someone with leverage over Graham. I'd guess David Pecker or similar based on the instant, literally overnight access to sworn enemy Trump - and Graham for a while continued an anti-Russia stance, so it wasn't Putin.

It's shocking how plausible all of this is.

And people forget that the same Summer the DNC servers were hacked, the RNC's servers were hacked, too. And so far none of that has leaked.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I am incredibly impressed that they've kept this trending on twitter for so long.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is only part of the story

I suspect this story will be an October surprise.

Wow, this dude blocked me on Twitter because I asked 1 time when the news was coming. This was back when he first made this announcement and then went basically radio silent about it for over a month. There was some sort of news about Lindsey Graham at the time and I asked him when the reveal was coming. Once, in a reply to a post lol.

What a joke.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been thinking did Graham threated to jump off the boat and trump team put journalist on his dirties scent?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Something that was pointed out to me that makes me suspicious of this; prostitution is illegal in DC and you cannot enforce an NDA to conceal illegal activity, which would mean they aren't beholden to them even if they did sign them. This gives me pee tape "eh it tracks, but kinda feels like 'we got dirt on someone we hate!' fanfic"
The NDA may not refer to illegal activity at all. It can refer to any private relationship detail and be plenty to shut someone up about knowing him and his personal information.

Oct 3, 2019
I don't see this hurting him as much as people think it will. If this were 15, 20 years ago? Sure. But conservatives have learned that it's worth to have a token from a marginalized group on their side to hold up and say "see, even a (insert minority) is against the radical left!" Even evangelicals will accept a gay representative for this purpose, as long as they aren't openly flaunting their sexuality.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't see this hurting him as much as people think it will. If this were 15, 20 years ago? Sure. But conservatives have learned that it's worth to have a token from a marginalized group on their side to hold up and say "see, even a (insert minority) is against the radical left!" Even evangelicals will accept a gay representative for this purpose, as long as they aren't openly flaunting their sexuality.
I agree tbh. I think it will become some twisted example of a "reasonable LGBT person would be in support of Trump." They'll use it as a sign of their tolerance like they use Ben Carson and they will play dirty to keep every seat they have.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't have had her pegged to be into that.
7AZX.gif

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Unless this dude is going to release what information he has instead of just trying to tease people with it, he needs to honestly shut the fuck up.
What, and give up the grift?? Never gonna happen.

These folks always do this, and it saddens me that people keep giving them the attention they don't deserve because, one day, they may, hopefully, come through.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how is he making money? Honest Q.

graham? (Answering generally)

Probably amazingly and oddly smart and timely investments — like all senators — Including the "good" ones. But some of their grift is just for the access, power and celebrity - when they retire or lose they do boardships and collect big on favors.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
graham? (Answering generally)

Probably amazingly and oddly smart and timely investments — like all senators — Including the "good" ones. But some of their grift is just for the access, power and celebrity - when they retire or lose they do boardships and collect big on favors.
Talking about the tweeter with the scoop ready to drop any moment now.

Sep 14, 2019

This is exactly how I see it.

They might use this to try to hurt the left, "Oh, so much for tolerance and letting people be free to be who they want to be," or some bullshit like that.

It doesn't help that this was announced, so Graham and the GOP can prepare a response.

The only way I can see this work is if he used funds that he wasn't supposed to for sex workers.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
how is he making money? Honest Q.
It's free branding/marketing for Winslow. He can give the impression that he's got some kind of insider info (which he conveniently never gets around to explaining, but will surely continue to say is coming) in order to gain attention/followers, which leads to more sales of his books or whatever else he's hawking. That's why I call it a grift.
He may not be as bad as others, but the behavior is the same.
As others have said, if he actually has info, he should release it. Failing to do so is a disservice to the country. Otherwise, he can fuck off.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about the tweeter with the scoop ready to drop any moment now.

Ooh! I dunno what his grift is or even what it could be.

This is exactly how I see it.

They might use this to try to hurt the left, "Oh, so much for tolerance and letting people be free to be who they want to be," or some bullshit like that.

It doesn't help that this was announced, so Graham and the GOP can prepare a response.

The only way I can see this work is if he used funds that he wasn't supposed to for sex workers.

Or video/pics.
If his switch to Trump was anything to do with blackmail or leverage then presumably they had juicy receipts like the Falwell tapes Cohen fixed.

Thing is, Graham is single, so all they get on him is hypocrisy presuming this involves consenting adults. The number of straight politicians caught with hookers and affairs is off the charts. The old political adage by Edwin Edwards, "The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy." Seems a bit quaint in this atmosphere.

Much as I want Graham gone, he'd probably be replaced by some other despicable trash. I'm more curious to know about his sudden change of heart on Trump (and abandonment of the memory of his former best friend John McCain.

Last edited: