• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this stage the only stuff that you can probably safely say will come out in 2021 will be stuff that has a January, February or March release. And Pokemon.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Right now, there aren't many games with 2021 released dates or window. Only the Sony and Nintendo exclusive 1st and 3rd parties.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't news nor does this imply that Jason knows anything. It's just common sense.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, all of them. Game development effectively lost 6-12 months, depending on how effectively a studio was able to transition to working from home and rebuild momentum. Most studios still aren't back in office, so progress is still slower than it should be. Literally every game in development is effectively delayed up to a year or more, so whatever releases this year is just based on timing of how close it was to being finished.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think the murmurs of Sony planning for a juggernaut first year for PS5 may have to be put to one side. God of War and maybe Horizon 2 feel like they could slip to 2022.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
GoW Ragnarok was never realistically coming out in 2021 and I'm surprised so many people thought it would, regardless of what sony said.

Horizon might just barely make it.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero surprise at this, I'm totally fine with it. Give the games all the time they need.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
This year, more than last year, we're going to see some delays. I'm honestly most worried (personal preference) about Destiny 2's big expac this year. Beyond Light felt a bit mediocre to me, and that was going through cleanup as this quarantine started. With this new expac beginning full production during quarantine I'm nervous for it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Please oh dear lord not Gotham Knights

I seem to recall it was said or rumored that it was actually pretty far along when they showed it? It had a pretty extensive demo too, right? I think it has a good chance to still release. I mean, you can't be sure, but it has shown a lot in general than most of the other titles announced for just a vague 2021 lol

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a dev or someone a while back saying that 2021 is when the brunt of the COVID-related delays would be hitting?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If horizon and breath of the wild make it I will be a happy camper. I have a maaaaasive backlog from last gen. I feel like Sony probably planned to have Horizon in late spring/summer and then God of War for the holidays but at best will have Horizon as their big fall/holiday game

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The fact it was missing from that Sony release dates thing the other day was basically confirmation of that. (Also: it was literally never coming out in 2021.)
No it wasn't, even though I am expecting a delay it was said a bazillion times that every game with date at CES had some kind of footage at the show, GOW obviously did not have any footage there.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Had no idea this was coming in 2021 even.

But yeah, we're gonna see a lot of high profile games getting delayed..

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Looks like Monster Hunter is on track so do we really need any games to come out after March anyways?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
that's fine. I still have a large number of games that I want to play that I haven't yet. I'd rather people take their time and have a healthy work environment.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Gran Turismo 7 is a possibility, as is God Of War. Horizon Forbidden West will have been in development for about 3 years or so by now (Barring transistioning to working from home) so I think that's still on the cards for this year.

But yeah, it doesn't surprise me sadly.

Sep 7, 2020
Not really surprised in the slightest. Fully expect delays and that's ok. I have a bunch of stuff to play and there are still smaller indie titles that may be able to shine more if they come out.