• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if it's anything like his show

the only funny will be the trump jokes

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Cool idea but I'm excited to watch the whole thing. His Trump jokes are great.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a button that will let me skip all of Seth Myers' jokes?
Yep, right here
button_zps7ad8e053.png

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To those not reading the article, Seth himself says it's just another joke. If you're not a fan of his, it's unlikely you'd even be watching it in the first place.

The skip button is not meant to be taken seriously, according to Meyers, calling it "another joke in the special." And he doesn't think viewers of "Lobby Baby" will actually skip over his Trump jokes.

"I think, look, sometimes at a fancy restaurant they'll put parsley on your plate and you'll think, well, that's a nice touch, but you're not going to eat the parsley." he said.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
i approve of this. i hear about that damn cheeto all day. its exhausting
For good reason though. A combination of Trump saying something shit every damn day or doing something shit every damn day. It's not like Obama where he would do his damn job and we never had to think about him like ever until election time.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of disappointing as he's gone in pretty hard on Trump in the past.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In times like these it's important to keep laughing, but not important to keep laughing at Trump. I approve of this. Want to watch the Trump shit, watch it. Don't want to watch it? Skip it. No different than skipping chapters on a comedy CD for bits you're tired of or don't have any interest in. Many comedy albums I love have bits on them I don't like or topics I could give a shit about. How is this different?

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's literally a joke you goofballs

although now I want to see Patton Oswalt Choose Your Own Adventure a comedy gig with the Black Mirror branch manager

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I don't really find Trump as a topic particularly funny anymore. I'm not burnt out, he's just getting worse and worse.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know he says that it is a joke itself, but some people actually think like this and want to get to be bigots and racists without critique

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
jfc trump is literally a deity that needs protection and respect to so many people

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Does it skip to the credits?

Edit: Surprised at all the Seth Meyers hate. A Closer Look is one of my favorite late night segments

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now if only Netflix would make it possible to NOT SKIP THE ENDINGS as an option, rather than hastily having to get up and prevent it from doing so. Because I honest to god want that option (and to my knowledge, they've never implemented this).

Makes for watching a lot of Anime on Netflix frustrating. Doesn't help sometimes there's post-credit scenes and sometimes that's not taken into account.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Is his standup basically just his closer look/weekend updats bits?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hot take, I would probably do this. I'm tired of hearing jokes about Trump. He's a fucking clown and he's ruining this country. If I never had to think about him again it would be too soon.

But I know who this option is for.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Hot take, I would probably do this. I'm tired of hearing jokes about Trump. He's a fucking clown and he's ruining this country. If I never had to think about him again it would be too soon.

But I know who this option is for.
I can hear jokes about him, but I just can't stand the clips of him speaking anymore. I can't laugh at the bold-faced lies when I know a huge chunk of the country will believe it, even when he said the exact opposite thing yesterday.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So artistic integrity means nothing?

I bet you watch with motion interpolation on as well.

1. Artistic integration isn't effected in the least if I chose to watch a video at 1.5x because I either don't have a lot of time but still want to watch something, or want to fast forward through a boring segment of a show.

giphy.gif