• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Jupiter's Legacy is a comic book published by Image comics, written by Mark Millar with artwork from Frank Quitely. The show is run by Steven S. DeKnight who was behind Daredevil's first season. It's kind of like if the JSA + their superpowered children have some generational clashes. The show premieres 2020.

Stars Josh Duhamel as The Utopian and Leslie Bibb as Lady Liberty.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Never heard of that! Too bad on set shots always make the characters look bad...

Hopefully they'll release official photos soon so we can have a better look because right now it's yikes!

Daredevil was pretty good and grounded, though... so hmmm.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Im alot more interested in "off-brand" cape stuff esp after watching The Boys

I only say "offbrand" meaning non DC/Marvel

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Never heard of that! Too bad on set shots always make the characters look bad...

Hopefully they'll release official photos soon so we can have a better look because right now it's yikes!

Daredevil was pretty good and grounded, though... so hmmm.

This definitely will not be grounded.... like at all. More along the lines of The Boys but taken up a notch because Millar.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cast all the Cumberbatch family to play those Quietely potato people he draws.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EBqFC_mW4AAlWX8.jpg

...huh...

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has better source material than The Boys imo but the cast seems worse than The Boys adaptation at first glance. Great showrunner though.
Reading through the "Look Inside" of The Boys on Amazon, yeesh. I really enjoyed the show but the source material seems like garbage.

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
So between this, The Boys on Amazon and The Watchmen on HBO, we have our morally bankrupt superheros covered??

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Spartacus was fire but then the dude went on to make that god awful Pacific Rim sequel. so ehh we'll see about this

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I usually hate Millar's shock schlock, but Jupiter's Legacy is surprisingly light on Millar's usual mean spirited crap, and actually does a good job shining a positive light on good old fashioned heroics. Also, the deconstruction of the genre is well done, and in the end, doesn't make you go "well shit, superheroes ARE stupid".

Looking forward to seeing how close this sticks to the core story.

Let's see if this will last more than 2 or 3 seasons or not.

I think the original story functions fine as a 2 season affair. Have Part 1 take up a single season, and then have Part 2 take up a second season. That also means that Season 1 is all setup, but the pay off in season 2 will be great.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it, and the prequel series (Jupiter's Circle). The Mark Miller hate on here is a bit overblown, imo. The MCU isn't what it is without Miller's The Ultimates and Civil War. And the Logan movie from his Old Man Logan series.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I liked it, and the prequel series (Jupiter's Circle). The Mark Miller hate on here is a bit overblown, imo. The MCU isn't what it is without Miller's The Ultimates and Civil War. And the Logan movie from his Old Man Logan series.
The commonality amongst all those titles is that Mark Millar kept his mean streak at home when he wrote those (well, except for certain parts of Ultimates 2...and Logan).

It's shit like Nemesis and Wanted that really rub people the wrong way.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiters Legacy is a pretty damn good comic book

I would love a live action Nemesis show.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting pretty tired of superhero media.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Captain Marvel looked similarly unfinished in early set photos. She ended up looking really decent imo. It is like people forget half this stuff is finished in post.

Getting pretty tired of superhero media.

There is so much good non-superhero media being produced as we speak. I don't know how a genre you don't care for could tire you out.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enough of this super hero stuff, where's my live action anime adaptations?