• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This might be a top ten worst takes. He's so much more expressive with his modern design. The original is pretty basic.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this is...really good. he's done the IDW book yeah?
Yep I posted some of his idw work earlier.

sonic_promo.jpg
tumblr_nqqshjNFnz1qgbzcro1_500.png
DaXZ0dGUMAANjE01.jpg
Sonic-the-Hedgehog-IDW-issue-33-featured.jpg

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
he totally does, and i too was super happy to see that there
wish it'd revert to that for the next game somehow
I think it's because the blue overalls breaks up the red on his body and makes him too similar to Luigi when they're both blue.
LuigiSMB2NES.png

Having a uniform color with some blue to break it up just pops way more, I feel.

I'd be curious why Nintendo switched to blue overalls in SMB3 and on. Maybe something with that game's color palette?

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I pointed out earlier, you didn't exactly set the tone for a non-hostile discussion with your OP. The language used was very dismissive and downright insulting to the many people who grew up or prefer the modern design, so you can't be surprised that the responses reflect that. Even still you can't respectfully acknowledge others might simply prefer the modern design without assigning them as also having shit taste since they MUST love the terrible 3D games by association under your breath (even though the modern design and modern games aren't mutually exclusive.) Is the hostility making more sense?

This is a pretty overdramatic reaction dude. "Insulting to people who grew up with it" Rolling my eyes so hard right now.

I can acknowledge that people like modern design. I disagree with them but I know that. I also could have made the thread title-less dramatic but, I didn't want to put too much effort into it and it would have likely just resulted in far fewer views and clicks. I really didn't make that much of a big deal out it. It's just how the internet works. A hyperbolic headline will draw more attention no matter what.

So there isn't much incentive not to be hyperbolic. Once again nobody forced you to come in here and continue to stay here. I was pretty annoyed by the few bizarre responses yesterday but now I just don't care and it's pretty funny.

I'm trying to explain this in a simple way and it's like if I made another "SA2 ruined the franchise thread" The same three or four people would be in that thread repeating the same shit as they did here and in the previous thread. They can't just do the simple thing and ignore threads or users that they don't want to read from BUT instead want to get pissed off at the same thing over and over again, that some people don't share the same opinion and view on the franchise as them.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I also could have made the thread title-less dramatic but, I didn't want to put too much effort into it and it would have likely just resulted in far fewer views and clicks. I really didn't make that much of a big deal out it. It's just how the internet works. A hyperbolic headline will draw more attention no matter what.
so you intentionally made a lazy clickbait OP all because you wanted some attention

for what reasons should we take your opinions seriously anymore after admitting this

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so you intentionally made a lazy clickbait OP all because you wanted some attention

for what reasons should we take your opinions seriously anymore after admitting this

Like I said I didn't really care about the thread title. It's maybe a bit clickbaity but It's honestly pretty factual about how I feel about the design. I do think Sonic looks shit.

But whether or not you take my opinions seriously really doesn't matter to me one bit after this thread. I mean there are users here implying that I insulted them because I think the design is shit and that I need to be more careful about how I speak about the design and this franchise. So I'm not really sure why I should care that overly sensitive and attached people don't care for my opinion.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm trying to explain this in a simple way and it's like if I made another "SA2 ruined the franchise thread" The same three or four people would be in that thread repeating the same shit as they did here and in the previous thread. They can't just do the simple thing and ignore threads or users that they don't want to read from BUT instead want to get pissed off at the same thing over and over again, that some people don't share the same opinion and view on the franchise as them.
"why won't people leave me alone and let me say that this thing people love is SHIT? why must they challenge me on this???"

you want to make shitty threads dunking on sonic but don't want people in there to challenge you on that stance, and are now complaining that people keep entering your shitty threads to give actual information about the series

you're a fucking clown bro, lmao

EDIT: like seriously, why is anyone giving any credence to the person who made such bangers as:

Sonic Unleashed was not worth $4.49
Was Sonic Adventure 2 the first truly bad mainline Sonic game? I think it is.
Will we ever get a good 3D Sonic game in our lifetime?

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"why won't people leave me alone and let me say that this thing people love is SHIT? why must they challenge me on this???"

you want to make shitty threads dunking on sonic but don't want people in there to challenge you on that stance, and are now complaining that people keep entering your shitty threads to give actual information about the series

you're a fucking clown bro, lmao

Look in the mirror dude. The people who challenged me have done a good job responding. I'm not talking about them. The people I'm talking about are people like yourself who keep demanding that people don't speak badly about games that you like and are tone policing how one should speak about the franchise. You didn't challenge anyone one bit. Don't flatter yourself. All you did was tell me that I should play games post the 90s. Great fucking argumment. All you do is complain about people and "boomers" on ERA not liking crappy Sonic games and want the entire discourse to turn into a giant fucking echo chamber.

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): antagonizing other users and inflammatory commentary

I would say that Generations is good after replaying it on the Series X and the Sonic potion of SA1 is good.

Unleashed is not worth five dollars and SA2 was garbage. Not sure how those are misleading, aside from the last one?

Edit: LMAO didn't break a single rule in the last one and you locked it because I didn't like your favorite Sonic games being trash. Proved my point right there. I can tell why you aren't a mod anymore. Or was it because you made fun of a depressed dude who ended up killing himself or something like that. And you are gonna have the nerve and call me a clown? Fuck off.

Oct 25, 2017
I also could have made the thread title-less dramatic but, I didn't want to put too much effort into it and it would have likely just resulted in far fewer views and clicks. I really didn't make that much of a big deal out it. It's just how the internet works. A hyperbolic headline will draw more attention no matter what.
...and now you have the gall to complain and get annoyed, "well no one put a GUN to your head to respond!", over the vitriolic posts when that's exactly what you were inviting with the hyperbole and clickbait thread title you created by your own admission? And no, you don't get to now go "well now it's just funny to me, I don't really care!" when it obviously upset you in the previous pages. You only have yourself to blame for the content of the responses you invited.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
NuclearCake my man it's time to hang it up. Many 3D Sonic games have truly been bad, so it's time to move on. Don't gotta rain on everyone's parade, tho. There's a reason the series has had a ton of success despite many blunders, and you can bet that shoddy character designs aren't one of those reasons. Like em or not, the designs are iconic. There's an entire subculture of people who make hedgehog versions of themselves.

You've outgrown the series man! Enjoy your post-hedgehog life. It's pretty sweet when ya don't pay attention to the crappy games and relive the ones you love every now and then. And who knows, maybe they'll make another game you like. Or not, but at the end of the day, It Doesn't Matter.

Oct 25, 2017
As a child, I liked classic sonic.
As a young teen, I liked edgier modern sonic.
As an adult, I like classic sonic better again and dislike edgy sonic.

They're probably just targeting that certain demographic.

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...and now you have the gall to complain and get annoyed, "well no one put a GUN to your head to respond!", over the vitriolic posts when that's exactly what you were inviting with the hyperbole and clickbait thread title you created by your own admission? And no, you don't get to now go "well now it's just funny to me, I don't really care!" when it obviously upset you in the previous pages. You only have yourself to blame for the content of the responses you invited.

The funny part is you doing a variation of "leave modern Sonic alone" without sarcasm. That's what's funny. I really can't even comprehend someone being attached to a series to this unhealthy degree. Telling me that "I'm rude" and "disrespectful"

What's next. Are you going to tell me that disliking 3D Sonic games is offensive?

I would love to have that kind of life where the most pressing issue for me s making sure nobody talks shit about Sonic on the internet.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I told OP he was posting through it but he didn't listen and now he got a ban. 🤷‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is you doing a variation of "leave modern Sonic alone" without sarcasm. That's what's funny. I really can't even comprehend someone being attached to a series. Telling me that "I'm rude" and "disrespectful"

What's next. Are you going to tell me that disliking 3D Sonic games is offesive?
No see, that's just you bending my words to avoid the possibility of self-reflection and admitting you went about your thread in a low-effort manner, and now look silly for getting upset at the responses of you yourself invoked. You can absolutely dislike the modern design, I never claimed otherwise (that's your invention to sidestep the point). I even wrote as much early in the thread:

I dunno OP, looks like that style just doesn't appeal to you, which is okay

It's simply the way you went about it. That's all. If you wanted less people attacking you, this is only one of many dozens of less shit-stirry ways you could have said the same thing:

"Modern Sonic's design has never appealed to me"

"No matter how I look at it, this design is just unappealing from top to bottom, for reasons XYZ, meanwhile Classic Sonic sticks to the core principals of classic cartoon designs for reasons ZYX, blah blah, dearest posters, what is it exactly you find appealing about Modern Sonic, because I just don't see it"

Hey look, that's a little less abrasive! Perhaps the posts won't be as aggressive now!

I mean you seemingly just wanted a thread full of people who simply agreed with you, nothing stopping you having just been upfront about that either *shrug*.

When you go about your topic in a hyperbolic, boorish way, you'll get the exact measure of responses back. The only funny thing here is that you went on to get upset with people responding tit-for-tat from your own clickbait thread/post. Dislike modern sonic, modern anything, which I will say once more, IS OKAY. In caps so you don't miss it again.

EDIT: LOL. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like at the end, that cake went nuclear
NuclearTAKE amirite?
This is a pretty overdramatic reaction dude.
This comment is especially funny now considering...
Edit: LMAO didn't break a single rule in the last one and you locked it because I didn't like your favorite Sonic games being trash. Proved my point right there. I can tell why you aren't a mod anymore. Or was it because you made fun of a depressed dude who ended up killing himself or something like that. And you are gonna have the nerve and call me a clown? Fuck off.
like JESUS, wtf??

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I can't believe I was accused of wanting Sonic discussion to be an echo chamber when it is well-documented how I feel about a good chunk of the series.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the OP banned and things thoroughly derailed as a result, no point in keeping this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.