• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Here's some Switch gameplay, it has graphics and performance mode. Apparently there's also gyro support (it's in Italian, someone should check it)

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to be, uhm, I think triple dipping on this? I have 'em on PC and Xbox. It is a shame there is no Serious Sam 2, but I'm not surprised it isn't there.

Play 2nd Encounter people - it's the best of the bunch. They played with the engine after the first one and did a lot of gravity shenanigans. It's super fun to get into that one.
The Second Encounter is one of my all-time favs.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
The online campaign runs were amazing back in the day. Sad they didn't implement this.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Serious Sam 2 was the only one of these I've enjoyed, from a gameplay standpoint. Even then, I found the characters and writing grating, like the rest of the series. Still, I wonder how the framerate will be on this port. These games primarily consist of fighting hundreds of enemies in arenas, and I'd be surprised if the Switch can hit 60fps consistantly.

Play 2nd Encounter people - it's the best of the bunch. They played with the engine after the first one and did a lot of gravity shenanigans. It's super fun to get into that one.
This is the only one I haven't played LOL. I don't know though, I've been so burnt out by this series at this point. Might give it a look down the road, thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: No online co op either? Couch co-op is cool and all, but this year has made it difficult to meet up with people. Kind of a shame, because playing with others is probably the best way to play these games.

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Definitely going to be, uhm, I think triple dipping on this? I have 'em on PC and Xbox. It is a shame there is no Serious Sam 2, but I'm not surprised it isn't there.

The Second Encounter is one of my all-time favs.

It was soo good and came out at the best time for LANs in my case.

This is the only one I haven't played LOL. I don't know though, I've been so burnt out by this series at this point. Might give it a look down the road, thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: No online co op either? Couch co-op is cool and all, but this year has made it difficult to meet up with people. Kind of a shame, because playing with others is probably the best way to play these games.

It came out before games like HL2 and Mario Galaxy redefined what you can do with gravity but I remember it being immensely fun suddenly walking on walls or having a turning ground. It was chaotic in the best ways.

But don't stress yourself - it might not be fresh enough if you're burned out on the series atm. It's old right now, it will stay that way when you're in the mood in the future.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
The package includes Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, and Serious Sam 3: BFE, along with Legend of the Beast and Jewel of the Nile expansions. It's a perfect gateway into the world of Serious Sam, so let your friends know!

Serious Sam Collection supports versus and co-op multiplayer for up to 16 players, as well as 4-player split-screen local multiplayer on Xbox and PlayStation, and 4-player versus and co-op modes on Switch.

Nephizz

Jun 28, 2018
The game is not available on the french eshop. I don't know why.
And it seems they have the same problem in Russia.