• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Man on Earth. Season ended on a major cliffhanger and was then cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Man on Earth. Season ended on a major cliffhanger and was then cancelled.

I forgot about this one--the show was getting a little long in the tooth and it was time to wrap things up, but they definitely deserved a season to really wrap things up.

There are a ton of other shows I'm seeing listed that I'd have liked to have longer runs (Galavant definitely died too young, but I also feel like it had multiple seasons of ideas left in it) but this is one of the few where I'd definitely like one more season with no real aim to continue.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Freaks and Geeks. A tragedy that it only got one season.
Freaks and Geeks. Probably my favorite show when it was on.
Admittedly, it's been a few years since I've rewatched it but I recall always being really content with the ending. The highlight of the show was how perfectly it encapsulates the youth culture of that time and
saying "fuck this, I'm running off to follow the Grateful Dead"
was such a funny and honest conclusion for Lindsay's character. Not sure I would have enjoyed an expansion beyond that final note.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
José Julián. Proper reporting about it is surprisingly scant but there was a lot of noise about it on Twitter at the time back when S2 was still happening. Folks made petitions to get him removed off the show, some of his costars spoke out to support the accusers and push for his removal from the second season, then the show was cancelled shortly thereafter because of COVID.

Here's a source, but TW for grooming/pedophilia.

Damn that fucked. Guess in a way it gave Netflix another reason to let it all go besides Covid. Sucks for the rest of the cast, I hope they get a lot of success cause I enjoyed their work. Kathryn Newton though she hella moved up after this show lol.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Colony and Dark Matter are probably the two I get most upset about not having final seasons to finish up the stories.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Pushing Daisies

Amazing cast. Amazing and imaginative TV Show period.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Admittedly, it's been a few years since I've rewatched it but I recall always being really content with the ending. The highlight of the show was how perfectly it encapsulates the youth culture of that time and
saying "fuck this, I'm running off to follow the Grateful Dead"
was such a funny and honest conclusion for Lindsay's character. Not sure I would have enjoyed an expansion beyond that final note.

It definitely wasn't their intended ending. It was cancelled because of low ratings, NBC fucking up episode scheduling and airing it during prime time so they had to compete against the most popular shows at that time. It wasn't the worst ending, but there was definitely more room to grow and develop these characters. I would really have liked to see at least one more season.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
bm-696x442.png

Final season was the least popular and it fell off of the map hard. It was really something special the first few seasons. I loved a lot of the standalone stories it told. A real shame.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The way season 2 ended was such a fucking big move, I so wanted to see more. Even just one season, hell a movie at least. Just let them finish it fuuuck. Will always be mad at Netflix for that.
i know. its one thing if it was like some open ended interpretive thing like season one, but nope this one ended like WE GOT PLANS BABY. then netflix fucked that right up. sigh.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Southland. Ended on a weird cliffhanger.

My real request though is an odd one of sorts. Babylon 5. It did get 5 seasons but! They initially thought they were getting canned after 4 so they condensed all of the plot lines to end the series in season 4. I wish they had the time to do it properly as was envisioned. The season 5 we ended up getting wasn't that great in my opinion.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spectacular Spider-Man

What a fucking brutal note to leave your show on

Thankfully it's pretty easy to see where they were ultimately going based on Spider-Man comics and comments made from Greg Weisman.

Peter and Gwen would have eventually gotten together and finished high school. Norman returns and murders Gwen. MJ helps Peter through his grief, and eventually they get together. Oh, and MJ reveals she knows Peter was Spider-Man.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Scream Queens. RIP in tiny bloody pieces, best show of all time.

The third season was going to be on a campground. It would have been the perfect trilogy.

Mar 22, 2019
In no particular order; these are some shows in the last year I've finally caught up on and its a travesty they were cancelled or at least denied a final wrap-up season:
  • The Newsroom
  • Better Off Ted
  • Happy Endings
  • Traffic Lights
Newsroom is the biggest gut punch; I loved that show to pieces.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Currently rewatching it to torture myself, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (BBCA). I can't be too mad because Max Landis is a piece of shit, but afaik it was cancelled due to lack of viewership.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
A cliche but Game of Thrones, I didn't hate Dany...
taking a antagonistic turn, but I would have like to see more build up, and less cartoony than being depicted as a split decision with some bells. Would have been cool to see more of the white walkers, when they cross the wall as well.

Unfortunately, I agree. It was very clear that the showrunners were over it and were looking to wrap it up asap and move onto Star Wars (hilarious how that turned out). I don't think they would have even agreed to another season, I'm sure HBO would have been fine with it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Farscape
Space Above and Beyond
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe
Firefly
Earth 2
Star Trek Enterprise
UFO
Blake's 7

And many other scifi shows cut down in their prime.

One day I hope we find passages to alternate realities where we can trade for all the seasons they have of these awesome scifi shows and in return we give them all the seasons on what their world was just a failed Tracey Ullman Show spin-off called The Simpsons.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
One more season of Seinfeld and we probably would have seen them all with cellphones.

dsigns

Nov 2, 2017
Gang related
vuE-L_jUA45fnnxH18ltZ8s671AKOara3JXcxfTxjeNgg8a8yuZ-k3fEAQvRTPuZI5LZYJva6ip5c6ZuiBoqsF8PsRaRbq_j4EX_vtDVsC_Fuyl6

really good show that left on a cliff hanger only to not be renewed.

DangerByrnes

Oct 25, 2017
this may sound weird, but Avatar The Last Airbender (Spoilers Ahead) should have got a full season of zuko and suki on team avatar. like they did the best job with the time they had but its even referenced in the show where each character essentially had a life changing fieldtrip with zuko to make him fully part of the team. and then the finale happens.

and suki in all future media was shown as a full fledged member of the team. but she got very little interaction with the team beyond sokka.

I would have another season to fully cement zukos alliance change, give suki far more development with the rest of the team. also give toph some kind of purpose or actual end to her arc. maybe a reconciliation with her family. make the lion turtle/energybending thing less of a last minute Deus Ex Machina. (like i kinda wish the energybending involved the whole team rather than just ang.) and finally, make Azulas descent into madness feel less abrupt. oh also i dont know, actually explore the zukos mom mystery which they dumped onto the comics.

also, 1 season per element. water, earth, fire, air i mean air as the final season is a sorta stretch. but its where ang learns a peaceful way to stop ozai, which is what airbenders are all about, peaceful resolution. and its like the air is getting cleared of the fire nations smoke. idk i just want the books to match the intro.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Joss is a pos, I'll get that out of the way now, but I still feel a little bitter that Angel ended how it did.
The show was only getting better with every season, and the 5th was the peak (except they clearly scrambled the last episodes together after the news of the cancellation so it gets a little messy, even if the ending is fine).

Season 6 was planned to be a continuation of the same setting, it would've been great. Oh well.