• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize it could get quieter than a One S, that thing was practically silent.

Oct 25, 2017
Load times on BC games aren't as impressive as I was expecting. I know they aren't optimized in any way, but I was still expecting better due to the raw increase in speed. I'm not expecting much better from the PS5 when it comes to unoptimized games. Hopefully I will be surprised.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Consoles tend to be quieter when new.
Especially when playing BC games...
But still I'm optimistic on that front with MS consoles

Off topic but I also remember DF saying the Pro was quiet and well...

I think outside of the consoles with coil whine issues, the last console MS made that was loud was the 360 Elite if I'm correct.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Good to hear (or not hear). My launch One X is whisper-quiet to this day. To be honest, my launch PS4 is not too bad either, audible but no jet plane.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, this is GREAT to hear
my OG PS4 is TERRIBLE under this point of view
For nextgen I'm in the middle of my purchaes decision and this factor is HUGE for me

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Both systems PS5 and Xbox series X should be quiet at the beginning of the generation. The same was with a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The real challenge is when later gen consoles are pushing the Hardware, will it be as quiet then.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Has any publication talked about heat?
I've noticed that my Xbox One S generates quite a bit of heat after being on for 5+ hours, especially when playing graphics heavy games. My room is pretty small so it heats up the whole room and I'd hate to get a Series X and it melts.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Running last-gen games is only good for measuring noise levels when running last-gen games.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the X is the quietest Xbox ever, the S the smallest Xbox ever.
Microsoft really stepped up their game.

Feb 24, 2018
The thing I want to know with the PS5 and Xbox Series X went it comes to it's fans and noise is how easy are they to clean and maintain, sure it can be quiet at launch, but how about 6 months or 18 months later, the PS4 is an absolute pain to clean like with so many modern laptops and feels like they don't want you to be able to clean it properly without dissembling it.

I wish consoles let you have easy access to the fans so cleaning it would be easy.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
From a VCR with an external power brick to this...incredible engineering

Xbox one X was already a taste of what they could do size wise but this takes the cake, as does the series S

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Does this really mean anything? my early PS4 is whisper quiet running something that isn't taxing like Fall Guys, as soon as I play something demanding like Days Gone it sounds like a jet.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One X is damn quiet. I'm glad they've been able to at least replicate that with the new console.
MS Hardware team keep winning, they do fantastic work.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I had no doubt the Series X would be quiet since they specifically mentioned that the design was chosen for that purpose. Really hoping the PS5 is as well. They have also mentioned that they focused on heating this time around so praying they come through. PS4 Pro fan noise regularly borders on ruining my experience.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Noice. I remember that my 360 had a really loud fan but ever since MS has been perfect with delivering quiet consoles

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Good stuff. I kind of knew it would be as it's using the same basic cooling solution that the slim 360 and xbone one uses.

Open up the top of the case and use a massive fan to extract the heat upwards.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping for that to be the case considering the size. If the PS5 is as noisy as the 4 Pro then I will riot in the streets.