• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
I think I'm the only one in the world who really, really wants Grabbed by the Ghoulies 2! I absolutely loved the original and it would be cool to see what they can build with today's technology.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I think they could make MegaMan Legends 3 at this point and I still wouldn't be over it.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It would be a real shame if we didn't get a Sonic Mania 2 with the same crew, it's looking real unlikely at this point

Feb 24, 2018
primalrage.png

A proper finished sequel, one that's DRM doesn't make it impossible to play the full game and doesn't make half the cast tall humans.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Skate 4. I played through all three this past year and they're still great, but the new consoles could make it all so much smoother.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Skate 4. I played through all three this past year and they're still great, but the new consoles could make it all so much smoother.

It's weird that the mammoth lifetime sales of THPS didn't inspire more to try the genre this gen

Mostly killed by...umm...THPS5 I suppose but it's not fair considering it was just passed cheaply to Robomodo

Skate was great

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Metal Gear Solid, Thanks Konami.

I'll probably cop crap for this, but as a sidenote I really wanted a sequel to MGS2 that continued with 'that' Snake

MGS2 felt a natural successor to 1. MGS2 escalated and ended on a big twist and a wistful, positive thinking still youngish Snake

MGS3 obviously wasn't that Snake, MGS4 may as well have been a completely different Snake and MGS5 was completely removed really from what 2 was.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'll always be crushed that a traditional Sleeping Dogs 2 never happened.

I can't blame United Front if they didn't have the drive to make another huge single player game, but man Sleeping Dogs is my jam. I still think its combination of game systems have a greater cohesion and interlinked form factor, expressed in variances through the mission design, than anything in Grand Theft Auto and other much more popular sandbox games. Sleeping Dogs really hit a perfect sweet spot for what I want from these GTA-like games, and I feel United Front deserve an enormous amount of praise for realising what was a complex vision (given game system variety). Moreover, they chose a protagonist, supporting cast, and setting the likes of which we so rarely see in the medium. How many games are set entirely in Hong Kong? How many Western narratives have their cast voiced by Asian actors, appropriate for Asian characters?

It's just such a marvellous game that, for me, showed what can be accomplished in the modern-city cops-and-robbers sandbox game template when we're not circle jerking Rockstar. The latter has the budget and manpower to blow us away with asset detail and complexity, and an absurdly gorgeous engine, but Sleeping Dogs easily wins out for just all round better, more ambitious game design as far as I'm concerned.

The DLC was a lot of fun too, with United Front explicitly letting seriousness take a backset for mission arcs themed around supernatural and cheesy kungfu elements. Except for the last DLC, which was a legitimate epilogue.

So yeah. Really sad with how Sleeping Dogs will forever remain sequeless. It's still my gold standard for that specific style and genre of game.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
Everyone saying Half-Life 3, Klonoa 3, and Dark Cloud 3: seconded!

Don't know if it counts, but I would love a prequel for the original NieR.

Some other sequels I would like to see would be for Halo 3: ODST and StarTopia.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dark Cloud 3 :[

I think the gaming landscape has moved on from that specific style of dungeon crawler but I'd love to see Level 5 incorporate the building/weapon system from DC2 into their other games. They've kinda done that with Ni No Kuni and Rogue Galaxy but I don't enjoy the core loop of either of those games.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
  • A proper sequel to the Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain story. We have an open ending in the last official title of the franchise, Defiance, and who knows what happens next, right when the story was getting in its highest fuckup.

Kinda torn on this one. It's one of my favorite series and I would definitely like more, but only on the condition that Amy Hennig write and direct it, and I just don't think that's going to ever happen. If it's going to get a complete resolution, she should be the one doing it. Outside of that, over the years I've come to appreciate the ending of Defiance quite a bit; yeah it's open-ended, but it closes on a nice, bittersweet note that really hit home for me.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No One Lives Forever 3

Bloodborne 2, but I can feel it's coming.

Jul 8, 2018
Gabriel Knight 4. Unfortunately it seems that Activision doesn't have any interest in making it happen. (I guess the GK1 remake didn't sell well enough)

Also this is much more far-fetched but I really wish we'd get a sequel to Looking Glass' Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Burning Rangers 2.
Phantasy Star 5.
Skies of Arcadia 2.
Shining Force 4.

And Fable 3. Still waiting for a finished game... (Oh snap!)

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
E.V.O. Search for Eden
Anything OgreBattle
Zone of the Enders
and, in accordance with my avatar: Cubivore