• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
who are the noble nine?
Characters that dominated the gamefaqs character polls tourneys. They would never lose to anyone outside the group until everyone decided to meme the tourney. They were
  • Link
  • Cloud Strife
  • Sephiroth
  • Mario
  • Samus Aran
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Solid Snake
  • Crono

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
I mean I would have done Terra given she represents the opus of the franchise on Nintendo consoles, but Seph is just as popular as cloud and is a pretty huge get, even if he's a tryhard edgelord.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
who are the noble nine?
It's an old Gamefaqs thing from the Character Battle polls they used to run. The Noble Nine were generally a group of characters that consistently put up the best numbers year after year (Mario, Sonic, Link, Samus, Snake, Mega Man, Cloud, Sephiroth and Crono) to the point that they were generally in a tier all their own and only ever lost to each other until someone (I think Crono?) eventually did.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Characters that dominated the gamefaqs character polls tourneys. They would never lose to anyone outside the group until everyone decided to meme the tourney. They were
  • Link
  • Cloud Strife
  • Sephiroth
  • Mario
  • Samus Aran
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Solid Snake
  • Crono
9 out of 10 characters are in Smash, and we have 3 slots left. I think it has potential.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
wM3Xkuo.jpg

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Getting another FF7 character and not going for Tifa is bullshit.
I mean if another rep should make it in(I'm already mad Sephiroth is the second rep) then it should be Aerith considering she was already referenced with Clouds reveal and they did it AGAIN with Sephiroths trailer.

Either way a second 7 rep is bullshit and it should have been Terra, WoL or Squall.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • Link
  • Cloud Strife
  • Sephiroth
  • Mario
  • Samus Aran
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Solid Snake
  • Crono
So all of them are in Smash now except for the one who doesn't deserve to be there (Crono was the first to lose to a character not in that group).

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I legit would have preferred someone like Vaan over Sephiroth. FFVII really didn't need a second character.

Hello.

Jan 20, 2020
I love Tifa myself, but why on earth would Nintendo pick Tifa above Sephiroth if they had to choose? Or any other character in the larger Final Fantasy system? Some of you people are nonsensical.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The character surprise is kinda meh but come on y'all... That trailer was AMAZING.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy for all you FF fans.
The trailer was fun and Sephiroth is undoubtedly an icon, but, you know...peep the avatar lol
I was hoping for my boy Crash T.T, maybe next time...

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
Love Sephiroth! I'm getting the fighter's pass now, damn I'm so hyped!

Also, really liked the trailer, would've been cool if we could fight Sephiroth as the final boss in the campaign mode. Haha

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
They better add some more FFVII music. They did Cloud dirty with how little they let Sakurai have.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I mean if another rep should make it in(I'm already mad Sephiroth is the second rep) then it should be Aerith considering she was already referenced with Clouds reveal and they did it AGAIN with Sephiroths trailer.

Either way a second 7 rep is bullshit and it should have been Terra, WoL or Squall.

not

LIGHTNING RETURNS TO THE FIGHT?

Jun 2, 2019
I love Tifa, but Sephiroth is the most iconic FF villain and one of the most popular gaming characters ever, so of course he would be the second FF rep after Cloud. You can't say no to Cloud vs Sephiroth.

I am very happy. He was one of my most wanted characters.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017

The one-winged angel, Sephiroth from the
@FINALFANTASY
series, joins #SmashBrosUltimate as a DLC fighter later this month! Tune in at 2pm PT on 12/17 for a presentation from director Masahiro Sakurai all about the DLC fighter, including the release date!

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
D:

That would be the ultimate "she must be not be forgotten" middle finger to everyone. I kind of would have loved to see that meltdown.

for sure.

it would have been insane. Plus it would have been a big monkeys paw character as well

Smash Fans: We'd love more gender diversity and Square Characters (Looking longingly at 2B)

Sakuri: Wish Granted: She will not be forgotten