• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Love it, gave me god of war 3 vibes in regard to scale.

You can tell it's in-engine, there's a lod change as the camera pans at the start.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
This reminds me a lot of the Lycan demo of The Order 1886. I need to see more of its actual gameplay to be excited. (Maybe next E3?).

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Visually, the only thing that looked kinda strange was the low quality water rendering, at least it seemed as so.
Fire propagation looked amazing and so did the effects around it.

Oct 25, 2017
ncgSspl.gif

2W25WrZ.gif

SIZ73Rq.gif

Q6TJWhO.gif

I said wow!

I'm not a huge hellblade 1 fan, but I'll check this game out just for the graphics and sound design.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Did many of you not play the first Hellblade? There are so a lot of gameplay remarks that I'm starting to feel like many haven't played it.
? This fragment that they have shown has nothing to do with the core Gameplay of the first part. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing if it has improved with something other than a demonstration on rails.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Did many of you not play the first Hellblade? There are so a lot of gameplay remarks that I'm starting to feel like many haven't played it.

Yeah, this kind of sequence is very much in keeping with the original game. The original was very linear, and leaned on puzzle solving with a fair bit of rudimentary combat in between. Very happy that they are improving the combat in this

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
A lot of the effects used for cinematic purposes were really distracting and did not make the footage look better for it, I really hope they have a proper suite of options (and not just on PC) to disable a lot of this crap

Overall a visually impressive trailer but not a very good one to showcase the game to the masses (most of whom didn't play the first game or get what it's about short of Female God of War). Still I think they're slowly building interest and are likely to have a lot more eyes on them for their next marketing releases

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I played the original. I think the "where is the gameplay?" comments are fair.

This does not look engaging gameplay wise, which was the original game's biggest flaw.

Something about the voices sounded off to me... maybe it's the accents, too clearly spoken, too cleanly recorded... They lacked atsmophere to me and sounded kind of pasted over the top of everything else. I had a similar issue with the original game.

Looks visually incredible, the giant design is actually amazing. It has that Dark Souls kind of disapair to it that is incredibly evocative, and that alone is going to draw me in...

I just hope I'm wrong and this is more enjoyable than the original.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I was having a hard time believing they could actually match the quality of the original game trailer but man they definitely pulled it off. Awesome work!

Kvothe Ctaeh

Sep 29, 2020
18 pages of argument around vague concern trolling. I still understand people complaining about gameplay but people trying to downplay the graphics is just baffling. This is embarrassing at this point.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Of course it is. I wouldn't post it otherwise. The game doesn't look "decent" from a graphical point of view.

I wouldn't waste my time with him as he is clearly posting in bad faith. Just a few days ago he was flabbergasted at Horizon Forbidden West gifs, seemingly couldn't believe his eyes and said "that's cross-gen?!"

...but these graphics are "decent." Meanwhile practically everyone else can't even believe this is real gameplay due to the insane fidelity (I have a hard time believing it looks this good at launch but fingers crossed).

Can't make this up, lol. Best to just move on.

What are some of your examples of an outstanding graphical display?

See above.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Never had an interest in an XSX until now. This is what I call phenomenal. It feels like a lot of it is on the rails, but the direction is quite spectacular.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I think the no HUD or UI is throwing people off who did not play the first game.

The first game seamlessly mixed cutscenes and gameplay to where it was almost like an interactive film.

In the simplest terms , anytime the camera is behind Senua, it is gameplay.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
incredible graphics from NT, they surely put the MS budget to good use. I also love the muted atmosphere, can't wait to play or maybe experience this game.

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
A lot of the effects used for cinematic purposes were really distracting and did not make the footage look better for it, I really hope they have a proper suite of options (and not just on PC) to disable a lot of this crap

Overall a visually impressive trailer but not a very good one to showcase the game to the masses (most of whom didn't play the first game or get what it's about short of Female God of War). Still I think they're slowly building interest and are likely to have a lot more eyes on them for their next marketing releases
To be honest, I think the opposite that this kind of trailer is much more appealing to the masses. Most people aren't hardcore gamers super interested in gameplay mechanics.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Honestly the fire effects may be some of the best I've seen in a game. They look so real rather than typical vfx/particles

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Damn we've got some salty threads this week, alongside the one about Halo winning the Player's Voice award.

I wonder what's the connection between the two?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Environments look great. Gameplay not so much, but I didn't play the first one so I didn't know what to expect.
I hope the black bars aren't there in the final release. I wonder if those were needed to hit those graphics.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
I know it's the style of the game but I wonder if it was as colorful as some other gameplay shown people would be less inclinded to stay they were "not impressed".

Oct 25, 2017
anyone seeing this and saying they aren't impressed but have gone intro Spider-Man/tlou2/fh5/other good looking games so far and have gushed over those games I don't mean to offend but what is wrong with you

this shit looked phenomenal even though the dof and CA were a bit out of control but still looks an entire generation ahead of what we have seen so far

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I just noticed that you can see the rock grow over the troll in real time when he rests against the wall.

FinalRPG

Oct 27, 2017
I think billing this as a "gameplay" trailer was a mistake. It made the expectation be something that looks fun to play, but instead it was a boring on rails scripted sequence. Why even throw those fire spears if they don't do anything? At least it looked amazing

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Every time an exclusive game doesn't get universal praise we have the corporation fans start accusing all the people who don't agree with them that they're opinion is biased (pretty ironic) or that they are downplaying the game on purpose.
If that was the case FH5 wouldn't be almost universally praised, same for Rachet.

In this case when you get downgrades from showing to showing there will be complaints because of built up expectations even if the latest showing is great.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Every time an exclusive game doesn't get universal praise we have the corporation fans start accusing all the people who don't agree with them that they're opinion is biased (pretty ironic) or that they are downplaying the game on purpose.
If that was the case FH5 wouldn't be almost universally praised, same for Rachet.

In this case when you get downgrades from showing to showing there will be complaints because of built up expectations even if the latest showing is great.
I think people speaking up about it feel like , on average, xbox threads seem to go south much more frequently than others .

Not just specifically this one. But as a whole . And I wouldn't disagree with that .

Oct 25, 2017
I think people speaking up about it feel like , on average, xbox threads seem to go south much more frequently than others .

Not just specifically this one. But as a whole . And I wouldn't disagree with that .

Even as a predominantly pc gamer I see that Xbox gets the shaft in most threads. I'm still smh at all the threads and posts saying Fh5 doesn't look good.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
This thread sure is something lol. It's a shame we have to wait for E3 to get more trailers and more takes.

The game looks stunning, sets a bar for current gen only games. If you've played the first game and it's not for you, I understand the gameplay critique. But anyone downplaying the graphics is trolling.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I think billing this as a "gameplay" trailer was a mistake. It made the expectation be something that looks fun to play, but instead it was a boring on rails scripted sequence. Why even throw those fire spears if they don't do anything? At least it looked amazing
But it IS a gameplay trailer . Lots of cinematic games have pieces like this. And the first game wasn't your traditional action game .

A piece like this is good for a big show reveal imo.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I played the original. I think the "where is the gameplay?" comments are fair.

This does not look engaging gameplay wise, which was the original game's biggest flaw.

Something about the voices sounded off to me... maybe it's the accents, too clearly spoken, too cleanly recorded... They lacked atsmophere to me and sounded kind of pasted over the top of everything else. I had a similar issue with the original game.

Looks visually incredible, the giant design is actually amazing. It has that Dark Souls kind of disapair to it that is incredibly evocative, and that alone is going to draw me in...

I just hope I'm wrong and this is more enjoyable than the original.
It won't be.
It's a game about mental health.
It's about the character and her struggle.
It's not fun, it won't be fun, and it can't be fun.
Mental Health.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
If you are not impressed by this then i dont know what will. This looks stupidly good. Best looking game this gen and it isn't even contest.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
My only niggling thought here is that it's going to be Year 202X when we finally get what is essentially the RYSE or The Order equivalent on the current generation consoles. That is: a graphically phenomenal, next-gen only experience that prioritizes graphics over gameplay. Playstation (as far as I can tell) doesn't even have anything that fits that mold coming down the pipe at all.

Those are always really interesting titles to start a generation with because they glimpse at what games might start looking toward the end of the generation. Getting it mid-stream has me thinking that this console hardware generation will be very long.