• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You can always tell when I game strikes a nerve. This will be the talked about moment of this awards show. Good or bad, the passion is overload either way. Which is great for the series! Bring it on NT!

Bloxx Chain

Mar 19, 2018
How do people know this is not open world something like gow . People love to hate on everything xb do . This looks better than ever game I seen so far by far . Let's hope gameplay can keep up
It just wouldn't follow the structure of how the first game was and would be a drastic change not hinted at yet? But Hellblade doesn't need to be like GoW. It's stands on it own with a solid foundation and unique experience.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Super underwhelming trailer tbh.

And as someone who loved Senua's Sacrifice...they still haven't justified the existence of this game imo. A sequel makes no sense. Really feels like they just wanted to work with the actress again and use the successful IP.
Tbf they always work with her. She's Ninja Theory's video editor :P

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
You can always tell when I game strikes a nerve. This will be the talked about moment of this awards show. Good or bad, the passion is overload either way. Which is great for the series! Bring it on NT!
NT captured the atmosphere so well, that ganeplay video was so intense and those graphics. Oh my.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Console war trolling
looks underwhelming.

not sure what i expected after the cg trailer, but this doesn't impress me after having played a somewhat similar-looking game like death stranding--which, by the way, came out two years ago.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they do something a bit more interesting or meaty with the gameplay. The original game could be a real chore at points.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
it looks good, but not great like the reveal. the 4k trailer looked strangely soft at points too. also the spear sequence looked plain bad with awkward physics and spears just vanishing.

I have faith NT will deliver though.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
watched a friend play through the first game. interesting game but the gameplay looked really, really weak. hopefully there's improvements.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Graphics so good that it's making a certain type of era poster very insecure. That's pretty impressive.

Kvothe Ctaeh

Sep 29, 2020
looks underwhelming.

not sure what i expected after the cg trailer, but this doesn't impress me after having played a somewhat similar-looking game like death stranding--which, by the way, came out two years ago.

This doesn't impress you after * checks note * playing a game that has absolutely nothing to do with Hellblade?

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Graphics are just INCREDIBLE, probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen running on a console

But the game itself, or at least what they showed in this demo, was basically non-existent. Running and throwing things for a couple of seconds and then just cutscenes, I really hope there's much more besides that

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
It just wouldn't follow the structure of how the first game was and would be a drastic change not hinted at yet? But Hellblade doesn't need to be like GoW. It's stands on it own with a solid foundation and unique experience.
I'm only comparing the open world of gow not gameplay. It in the first trailer they showed large open landscape so maybe the game with be more open than the first part . People keep saying it going To be Linier like they already know everything bout the game . Gfx is the best I ever seen and I have every console and pc with a 3070 .

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They've barely shown the game though what are you talking about?
Have you played the first game? A sequel with Senua running around trying to kill giants doesn't feel right to me.

And if it's all in her head and these are abstractions (which is hopefully the case even though the trailer doesn't give me that impression)...that also doesn't really feel like a natural way to continue her story. The original is a pretty personal tale that I interpreted to mostly be happening in Senua's mind, and by the end she has accepted what happened. Turning it into a grandiose action adventure where she's leading an army in fights against literal monsters would be lame.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I can't be the only one excited to see DF analysis... Right?

That fire looks insane. It doesn't matter that it doesn't look like the reveal trailer - Still amazing!

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Have you played the first game? A sequel with Senua running around trying to kill giants doesn't feel right to me.

And if it's all in her head and these are abstractions (which is hopefully the case even though the trailer doesn't give me that impression)...that also doesn't really feel like a natural way to continue her story. The original is a pretty personal tale that I interpreted to mostly be happening in Senua's mind, and by the end she has accepted what happened. Turning it into a grandiose action adventure where you fight literal monsters would be lame.
I played the first game and it's one of my favorites of all time and knowing how much they care about the franchise I fully trust they will make a worthy sequel both in gameplay and story.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
🤣 🤣 🤣 Anyone who said gameplay or graphics were underwhelming, or that og trailer looked better. 🤣🤣😂

anotherdayinbk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting choice, to show the same bit as the reveal trailer. Obviously it's to show the current state of the game, but can we infer if this game might be coming sooner rather than later? Or vice-versa?

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Let's fucking go, I'll buy an Xbox the day this comes out. This is going to be GotY whatever year it comes out, I'm calling it!

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Graphics are just INCREDIBLE, probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen running on a console

But the game itself, or at least what they showed in this demo, was basically non-existent. Running and throwing things for a couple of seconds and then just cutscenes, I really hope there's much more besides that
I would just be saying the same exact thing myself, so quoted you.

Seriously INCREDIBLE visuals, but all I saw gameplay wise was you stop to throw a spear and maybe run? Although the running seemed way to straight for a player to be controlling, maybe they were.

With that all said, i actual really enjoyed the overall experience and vibe of the first one, even if it is definitely light on Gameplay, so I am really looking forward to this one as a result. And damn, it looks so damn good.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think if they turned down the Chrome Abberation, it'll look better. I think they kind of went a little overboard here. Still really great looking, probably not visually on par as the first reveal but still Top- tier stuff.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017

I too hope the full game features more than what's contained in the couple minutes they showed.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible graphics. I wouldn't exactly call it gameplay tho, but I'm sure that will be in the final game.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Having watched the trailer 3 times now, Ninja Theory are simply masters of their craft here. Their cinematic storytelling just hits different.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
looks great, still got a little bit in the back of my mind that a sequel isn't really justified because the first ended in a neat way but I'll trust them. Not bothered about the cinematic scripted gameplay, the first was exactly that and it was damn good

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that was a small vertical slice to show off visuals seamlessly transitioning between segments, that's it. It's the benchmark now for next gen visually. Still cannot believe it.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I'm more stunned by. This trailer or the people that are saying that this looks underwhelming. This is BY FAR the best looking next gen game shown. It may look boring to play, but what is on display is undeniable. Console wars are so stupid.