• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care much for the first game and I'm probably not getting this game but even so I still can't stop watching the trailer. It's just so damn good.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful trailer, but I found the chanting and overly raging girl to be cringy at best.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
So is it actually going to look that good once it's released? Please say yes.

Welp, normally I'd say no, but Ninja Theory is REALLY good with their graphics, among other things. And Hellblade looked REALLY good for a small game, with a small budget, and a small team. It was touted as a 'A' game as opposed to 'AAA' and yet really looked the shit.

So, while given the context of the announcement, I would anticipate a downgrade, NT's pedigree suggests this could be for real.

The first one did have problems, but the positives outweighed them for me, and those problems are easily fixable.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, normally I'd say no, but Ninja Theory is REALLY good with their graphics, among other things. And Hellblade looked REALLY good for a small game, with a small budget, and a small team. It was touted as a 'A' game as opposed to 'AAA' and yet really looked the shit.

So, while given the context of the announcement, I would anticipate a downgrade, NT's pedigree suggests this could be for real.

The first one did have problems, but the positives outweighed them for me, and those problems are easily fixable.

I thought I remember it being touted as a return to "AA" game development. Either way I'm hoping it comes to PC as I don't anticipate getting an XBox but will definitely get a PS5.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is without a doubt the best looking title I have ever witnessed.

It looks so good that I know the final game will only come close in cutscenes.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
This is quite possibly the only outstanding trailer to come out of the TGAs. I haven't played the first game, but count me as very interested!

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
What a special trailer. Usually when I show games trailers to my friends, they give me no reaction but this one make them really interested. Now they're considering to play the first game and buy the next xbox at launch day.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So ridiculous. Senua must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned ritual with a friend! Chill Senua, Chill!

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First game was mediocre. Some things done well, but the runes in the landscape and other things were pretty bad.

Of course, I imagine this one will actually have a budget and not be an Indie AAA experiment, and that would absolutely make a huge difference.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely excited for this. Hellblade was one of the biggest surprises of 2017 for me and a wonderful experience from start to finish. I can't wait to see how Ninja Theory continues to explore mental illness.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a trailer not in game rendering. So...
It's in engine rendering. Whether that is how the game will look is subject to speculation, but it's probably accurate to say that this is at least what next gen graphics are targeting.

Which.. is really impressive and going to melt faces if true. Games are going to look really good a few years into next generation. The beginning will likely disappoint as usual.

Jun 17, 2018
by far, and i mean BY FAR the best trailer ive ever seen but im biased coz i adore the first game and i effing love Heilung!

i was gobsmacked when ninja theory showed up on screen, when senua showed up and when the song started. couldnt care less about the rest of the show after this trailer!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Hope this gets more people to play the original game, it's a haunting but really beautiful game.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE FIRST AND ARE NOW INTERESTED:

You need to know a couple of things.

1) The combat was a bit meh, but servicable. Not bad, but not very deep.
2) There's more than a couple of puzzles. Nothing too taxing, but you will get some.
3) The early game mentioned permadeath is not actually in the game. There was talk of it nuking your save if you died to many times, but that does not happen.
4) Even with the issues mentioned, the atmosphere is incredible and I thought the story was fantastic.

Finally...

PLAY WITH HEADPHONES!

This game is crazy with its sound, with only Alien: Isolation coming close to it. You play a severely schizophrenic woman who on top of seeing things, hears voices all the time. And with some good surround headphones, you're going to get a mind blowing experience.

And I'll leave with linking to my favorite accolade video from the first one:

Last edited:

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE FIRST AND ARE NOW INTERESTED:

You need to know a couple of things.

1) The combat was a bit meh, but servicable. Not bad, but not very deep.
2) There's more than a couple of puzzles. Nothing too taxing, but you will get some.
3) The early game mentioned permadeath is not actually in the game. There was talk of it nuking your save if you died to many times, but that does not happen.

Finally...

PLAY WITH HEADPHONES!

This game is crazy with its sound, with only Alien: Isolation coming close to it. You play a severely schizophrenic woman who on top of seeing things, hears voices all the time. And with some good surround headphones, you're going to get a mind blowing experience.

And I'll leave with linking to my favorite accolade video from the first one:

The thing I'm excited about is seeing this team with an AAA budget and a bigger team. I want to say they hired a bunch of combat devs

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I'm excited about is seeing this team with an AAA budget and a bigger team. I want to say they hired a bunch of combat devs

Oooooh, this game is one that could sell me on the Xbox SeX. I'm not sure I'm ready for what they can do with more resources and far less financial constraints.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
It's nice to know that there's a lot of hype for this game. Although I did buy Enslaved, all I really know about Ninja Theory is well, DmC: Devil May Cry, which is probably not a best impression of Ninja Theory out there. It's good to know that Ninja Theory does have some good games under their sleeve, and maybe one day I'll get a game from them if I am positive that my computer can run it.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The awards show was so weird for me. I was lukewarm on the idea of Scarlett and I thought Hellblade was a one-off I was going to always love but never see revisited.

Then it started LIKE THAT and nothing else touched the hype and hope I felt.

I don't know yet if I am gonna upgrade my i5/970 PC or buy an XSEX, but I will play this game day 1 looking as good as it can no matter what, so it will be one of those options.

Also gonna buy really nice new headphones, because yeah.

I normally play indies and Ninty games these days, but Hellblade was an experience so dear to me that I don't want to revisit Senua's world at anything less than the best. It deserves it.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Melina is willing to play Senua and the rest of Ninja Theory is inspired to explore her story, I will be in. One of the best, most iconic characters and performances I have ever seen, and the idea of this tech realizing it is fucking crazy.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As long as Melina is willing to play Senua and the rest of Ninja Theory is inspired to explore her story, I will be in. One of the best, most iconic characters and performances I have ever seen, and the idea of this tech realizing it is fucking crazy.

I literally cannot imagine what they will do with Microsoft money

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Man that is a REALLY good reveal trailer. It made me go and instantly download the first one (thanks gamepass).

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I literally cannot imagine what they will do with Microsoft money
No, you cannot. Neither can I. That's very exciting. Ninja Theory is so talented that the idea of them being a tentpole dev with creative freedom is dizzying.
Man that is a REALLY good reveal trailer. It made me go and instantly download the first one (thanks gamepass).
Enjoy. It's a masterpiece.