• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
So the dots in the beginning of the trailer is for the amounts of games in the franchise? The second dot turns white; it's time for the second game.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
I wonder if the stance would be the same, if tables were turned around? It's beyond me why people defend a sequel to a multiplatform game, that was already in the roadmap before the acquisition, being turned into an exclusive to a single ecosystem.
I'm wondering that too. Would you say the same thing if Sony did something like this?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
The first game was an audiovisual nightmare for me lol it was way too intense.

And then this looks even freakier.

I'm IN.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I'm wondering that too. Would you say the same thing if Sony did something like this?

I've said it several times here and in the old place, that the gaming landscape would be much better without 3rd party exclusives, timed or not. And if the platform holders only acquired studios they have a long history with, and which already supported their platform mostly. That's not the case with Ninja Theory.

I wouldn't have issues with this game, if it was a new IP, and began development after the acquisition, but it's neither.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I wonder if the stance would be the same, if tables were turned around? It's beyond me why people defend a sequel to a multiplatform game, that was already in the roadmap before the acquisition, being turned into an exclusive to a single ecosystem.

They can do whatever the hell they want if they are paying the salaries of the devs. They don't owe you shit just cause you bought their previous product. Get over it.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it several times here and in the old place, that the gaming landscape would be much better without 3rd party exclusives, timed or not. And if the platform holders only acquired studios they have a long history with, and which already supported their platform mostly. That's not the case with Ninja Theory.

I wouldn't have issues with this game, if it was a new IP, and began development after the acquisition, but it's neither.

I think the gaming landscape would be much better without moneyhatting game modes in 3rd party games too.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Presumably, full production on the game didn't start until after the acquisition, which means Microsoft is funding all development efforts. Ergo, exclusive.

In any case, Hellblade is a MS IP now. If you don't plan on buying an Xbox, you can always play it on a decent PC.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
I bet you he didn't raise such a stink when he found out that Sony is straight up paying Square not to release Ff7 on PC/xbox for a year.
I know that
And before he said that most people play on single platform and it doesn't matter if games are exclusive. Now he's suddenly concerned about exclusivity

You do realize, that most people play on a single platform? So, it doesn't mater to the general public if a game is exclusive or not. Hell, I played about 20 games during the PS4's first year. There certainly wasn't a draught of good games to play.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018

Street Fighter is a PS4 exclusive...

Think I'll go back and replay Hellblade over Christmas!

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I think the gaming landscape would be much better without moneyhatting game modes in 3rd party games too.

Agreed.

Presumably, full production on the game didn't start until after the acquisition, which means Microsoft is funding all development efforts. Ergo, exclusive.

In any case, Hellblade is a MS IP now. If you don't plan on buying an Xbox, you can always play it on a decent PC.

A decent PC to replace my 2014 laptop would be a hefty investment, especially now when I'm thinking about continuing with studies.

I know that
And before he said that most people play on single platform and it doesn't matter if game is exclusive. Now he's suddenly concerned about exclusivity

Suddenly? When I've been saying the same thing for years, already back in the old place.

Most people play on a single platform, which shouldn't be a revelation. What I said about exclusives before was, that to the larger public it doesn't matter if a game is exclusive or not during the next gen launch, or even the first year, as it doesn't matter to them whether they're available on PC or whatnot as well. They're still new games to them, that they can only play on the single system they have. That point was made to counter the argument of there not being enough games to play during 2013-2014, when I personally played about 20 games. Just to give context, which you chose not to do to support your narrative.

Here's the post you're referring to:
You do realize, that most people play on a single platform? So, it doesn't mater to the general public if a game is exclusive or not. Hell, I played about 20 games during the PS4's first year. There certainly wasn't a draught of good games to play.

Street Fighter is a PS4 exclusive...

And it's not something I'm praising either.

They can do whatever the hell they want if they are paying the salaries of the devs. They don't owe you shit just cause you bought their previous product. Get over it.

Such a juvenile post.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Hellblade but I thought it was a self contained story so I am curious how the sequel will work.

Edit: Looks fantastic graphics wise, we are in for a ride next gen. Forza will probably breach uncanny with photorealistic cars.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Have people even played Hellblade? The ending of that made it clear that there is more if they can get it made.
Surprised by the many people that thought it was a one and off.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
In terms of story, artistic designs/goals, and the whole meditation on mental malady in a heroine's journey context... Hellblade was a masterpiece to me. It wasn't really trying to be a video game in the classic sense. It was doing something else and I respect the fuck out of Ninja Theory for doing so. Always will. Can't wait.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
To be honest, that post was somewhat called for. You're complaining about a NT game being announced as exclusive one and a half years after they were acquired. Like just how entitled do you have to be?

It's a second NT game (Bleeding Edge being the first) that started before the acquisition, and is now exclusive to a single ecosystem because of it. That's the point. It's not entitled to complain about a former independent studio, that released most of their games on multiple platforms (7 out of 10 to be exact, and all of them on both PS and XB platforms), turning their ongoing old projects into exclusives.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Theory is a studio that punches way above its weight, visually.

They're going to be ridiculous with real money behind them.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I hope we abandon current gen as soon as possible. If gameplay looks even remotely close, we are in for a treat.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Hellblade but I thought it was a self contained story so I am curious how the sequel will work.

Edit: Looks fantastic graphics wise, we are in for a ride next gen. Forza will probably breach uncanny with photorealistic cars.

that's how I felt too. Maybe its a prequel?

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
First Hellblade was a really bad game with neat ideas to me, but can see it getting ironed out with better budget. Still, new IP would be better, who was even clamoring for more Hellblade?

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That music was by Heilung (!!!):

Saw them (and their ritual :) ) live just 3 weeks ago! And I loved Hellblade - this is freakin' awesome!!

Sadly one of the members released his book about Nordic tattos with a publisher that is know for his right wing stance :/

the Publisher is called Arun and its "CEO" or founder..well
And his company belongs to the https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neue_Rechte movement

edit google translate
Not only because of Ulbrich's connection to the Wiking youth, the publishing house was monitored by the constitution protection.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Technically that's how the game looks... if you don't want to play it at 60 FPS on hardware from 2013. :)

Cool, the ps5 patch update should make it look great then !

Also, sorry, haven't been able to reach anybody despite making using the proper channels, but Anakin's footsteps while sprinting have been gone for months on every platform/ every mode and it still hasn't been fixed ... =( if you could notify anyone on the team that'd be great. Thank you.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's a second NT game (Bleeding Edge being the first) that started before the acquisition, and is now exclusive to a single ecosystem because of it. That's the point. It's not entitled to complain about a former independent studio, that released most of their games on multiple platforms (7 out of 10 to be exact, and all of them on both PS and XB platforms), turning their ongoing old projects into exclusives.
Yeah i remember having to wait a year or something to play it on Xbox. No one ever talks about that. Maybe if that wasn't a thing they would not have been gobbled up. Who knows, maybe Phil will release it on other consoles after a year.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
If NT think they can and want to do a sequel we should let them and trust them.

Agreed, I was a little unsure when I woke up this morning and saw the headline but after watching the trailer I'm really excited, I don't think Taneem and Co would do a sequel unless they had a REALLY strong concept that they believed in.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, was there any comment about this being in game? That is fucking insane.

I will buy the series X day one if that's 100% in game.

Deleted member 8166

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
doesn't necesarily mean he agree's with that stance though right? (maybe just the best deal he could get?) i hope not i just discovered them they're so good D:
I mean the publisher was literally under surveillance by the German constitution protection (Verfassungsschutz) because of its connection to the " new right movement" in Germany :/..
and yeah you're right the music is amazing

edit: added sources to my original post