• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
https://sensortower.com/blog/fire-emblem-heroes-revenue-november-2018

The monthly average, according to Sensor Tower, is $21 million since launch, totaling $465 million, so I believe this is the lowest the game has earned since launch.

Sensor Tower estimates that 60% of its revenue came from Japan, 28% from the US, and 12% in all other regions combined (Canada, Europe, Australia, rest of Asia, etc).

It fell behind Dragalia Lost again in November, which earned $16.3 million for the month, by Sensor Tower's tracking.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Book III and the Christmas alts should help, but between the hugely hated Adrift banner and the general discontempt (slightly alleviated by Aether Raids), it makes sense. IS needs to step up their game

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
This november was the first time since the game's release that I haven't the game every day.

The new modes are just really awful, I just feel lazy to do anything at all to be honest.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Funnily it's the month I spent the most on the game, but I'm part of the small % who cares about other stuff than waifus.

This november was the first time since the game's release that I haven't the game every day.

The new modes are just really awful, I just feel lazy to do anything at all to be honest.

Aether Raids is easily the best thing to ever be added to this game. Good part if you don't care is you don't have to put in much effort for decent awards either,

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the game is starting to grow old. Aether Raids aren't that interesting and none of the recent banners have been good. Perhaps Book 3 will reignite interest. Personally I've fallen off of it hard and only check in maybe once a week while at work now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have an issue with alts, but keep the them in check. There's so many heroes, even rather "important" ones from their games, that are missing, so it's necessary that IS finds a good balance between alts and new heroes.

Another mass demotion from heroes that right now are locked in the 5* pool is also needed.

Aether Raids is easily the best thing to ever be added to this game. Good part if you don't care is you don't have to put in much effort for decent awards either,

Aether Raids is a neat mode yes, but it's riddled with some infant diseases right now, biggest one is the limited playability. Doesn't help that it's basically what early Arena was, riddled with Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and so on.

Update 3.0, coming this night (Europe) is going to adress one of these issues, as that seems to add a method to earn more Aether to play. At least, it changes something with the mode because Aether Raids are closed today.

E: I was wrong, it's more Lift to earn, not more Aether ....

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an issue with alts, but keep the them in check. There's so many heroes, even rather "important" ones from their games, that are missing, so it's necessary that IS finds a good balance between alts and new heroes.

Another mass demotion from heroes that right now are locked in the 5* pool is also needed.

Aether Raids is a neat mode yes, but it's riddled with some infant diseases right now, biggest one is the limited playability. Doesn't help that it's basically what early Arena was, riddled with Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and so on.

Update 3.0, coming this night (Europe) is going to adress one of these issues, as that seems to add a method to earn more Aether to play. At least, it changes something with the mode because Aether Raids are closed today.
Actually, it says it adds a method to get more lift, not more Aether. And I fear it's gonna be bonus unit kills like in Arena.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, it says it adds a method to get more lift, not more Aether. And I fear it's gonna be bonus unit kills like in Arena.

Had to read the note in-game again, and yes you're totally right. German translation is "'Ă„therniveau" so i mixed that up with regular Aether and not with Lift, which "Ă„therniveau" is used for ...

My bad!

Still, hoping for something to earn more Aether to play more. Two matches with the daily free one is just not enough.

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to add some new modes that aren't "Arena or Rival Domains reskin #29," or at least give incentives to these kind of modes so I care about them, and make them less of monotonous.

That and the game needs another mass demote, there are WAY too many characters in the 5 star pool, with many of them also having either a 4 star version, skills that are now useless or outdated, or both.

In terms of revenue though, it doesn't help that these last few banners have both been filled with alts that no one wants + no demotes. I don't think this will be an issue though for this coming month though, we have banners for the new additions that will be apart of the first chapter in Book 3, a holiday banner, a Legendary banner, and a New Years banner. Will be interesting to see how it fares in comparison to last year though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
We're definitely in a bit of a lull. Plus some unfortunate banner decisions back to back have made the community a little ornery.

The Feh Channel will be tonight and should inject some life back into the game. IS has been very responsive to feedback, but it takes them time to pivot, so I imagine 6 months from now we'll be more satisfied.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
November's banners weren't great. The Adrift banner felt like a total whiff. Now that they've done all the Lords, they seem a little directionless.

I also have to imagine Dragalia Lost stole some attention.

The answer to this and all problems is to add Haar.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Same. Aether Raids is fun, but the higher you go, the less you can play a day.

The rest of the content is kind of a grind.

Hopefully the story steps up more. It's easily the weakest of the gacha games I play.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
It's in that pre expansion lull, of course it dropped.

FEH has been limping to Book 3 and the big feature the introduced last month isn't exactly something you need to spend money to enjoy.

Last November had Farfetched Heroes (runners up in a popularity poll in a way) release as well as Book 2 coming out at the tail end of November, of course it was going to smoke Nov 18's figures...

This years version of Farfeched Heroes released in October and Book 3 is coming out tomorrow, big difference.

If Dec/Jan are down as much as November hopefully it makes IS pull out all the stops.

That Adrift banner and the archer Lucina banner really pissed people off.

lol you're trying to blame the Lucina banner? You do realize the game earnt more during that period of time? 34% more than in 2017 in fact....

Talk about reaching.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised at how well Dragalia Lost has been doing, I feel like no one talks about that game, and whenever I do co-op it takes forever to get people to join.

lol you're trying to blame the Lucina banner? You do realize the game earnt more during that period of time? 34% more than in 2017 in fact....

Talk about reaching.
It's not a reach at all. Something can do well and still piss people off.

Why were people upset over the Legendary Lucina banner? I never got that.

Ahri

Lying PR
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully, FEH channel brings the goods tonight. I feel that all the additional content for the past few months has been unnecessarily complex and felt extremely grindy...

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
It's not a reach at all. Something can do well and still piss people off.

A vocal minority of the fanbase where pissed off because she "stole the archer spot" from Alm even though at the time it was a guaranteed female character that was going to be revealed if anyone had bothered to pay attention.

Female character = Not Alm
Blue character = Not Alm who would've been and might still be the first Red Archer
Blue female character is released = Alm got robbed.

She still has more likes on her video release than Hector who came out before her... and again the period of time where she came out the game was vastly more profitable than the same time during 2017....

If you want too see what it looks like when a fanbase trashes an offical video, please look @ Blizzards Tides of Vengeance Survival Guide for the recently released Patch 8.1 for World of Warcraft.