• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
mod edit: please don't link to random youtubers/twitter users, use legit news sources or actual victim accusations

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I can't believe people that are supposedly smart still get caught in these situations. Well, that man's life and family are ruined for sure. Guess it's good he didn't meet up with a real kid but I question these vigilante groups though.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm immediately doubtful of this story based on the amateur nature of this "group". There are a ton of these groups online and I'm always suspicious of their motivations considering how they frequently seem more interested in Twitter fame and videos of them shouting like lunatics in front of a private residence rather than filling out a police report and contacting the authorities.

I'll patiently wait for a trusted news outlet or the local authorities to confirm these allegations.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ.

And the dumbass had the courtesy to wear a PS5 shirt.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This group/source is iffy as shit but I read the chats and unless they faked parts of it, which is always possible, it looks real.
Need to wait for proper investigations ofc.

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
I can't believe people that are supposedly smart still get caught in these situations. Well, that man's life and family are ruined for sure. Guess it's good he didn't meet up with a real kid but I question these vigilante groups though.
If they prevent even one child being harmed, then they've done a good job.

Like every person they expose is going there with the intention of meeting up with a child. Horrible horrible people, who should be wiped from the face of the Earth as far as I'm concerned.

pitanthos

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Inappropriate joke in a thread concerning allegations of sexual assault and pedophilia; account in junior phase
"We don't believe in generations" /s

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The YouTube channel for this "source" is sketch as hell. I've seen link after link for their merch but not a single reference to a police report number or any actual hard evidence beyond chat logs that can easily be faked. No FOIA requests, no social media requests for information by the police, nothing. The photo of this guy from PlayStation they provided was an old social media picture so it's publicly accessible.

This really does sound more and more like one of those QAnon Hunter grift groups that harass people without actually pursuing their allegations in court or with the police in a meaningful, verifiable way. Y'all should wait for this to get picked up and verified by a more responsible outlet before signal boosting something like this sketchy.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
The chat logs can be faked easily of course, but it wouldn't be too hard to verify this since there's allegedly a redacted phone number in the Grinder chat and separate texts provided in the Twitter feed.

Just standing and screaming at someone in their driveway isn't really proof, though, and that could get your ass beaten or killed, kind of crazy they do this stuff regularly

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
If that guy os making all of it up he is gonna be in trouble

he has chat logs….or created them

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
"We don't believe in generations" /s
309.gif

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
The YouTube channel for this "source" is sketch as hell. I've seen link after link for their merch but not a single reference to a police report number or any actual hard evidence beyond chat logs that can easily be faked. No FOIA requests, no social media requests for information by the police, nothing. The photo of this guy from PlayStation they provided was an old social media picture so it's publicly accessible.

This really does sound more and more like one of those QAnon Hunter grift groups that harass people without actually pursuing their allegations in court or with the police in a meaningful, verifiable way. Y'all should wait for this to get picked up and verified by a more responsible outlet before signal boosting something like this sketchy.
I mean I agree that it should be taken up by the police before we get too deep into it, but on the surface, he seems bang to rights.

He clearly sends a picture of himself 'now', wearing the same t-shirt he is wearing when they bust him outside his house. Which he is conveniently waiting outside just as he said he would be in the chat.

By all means, disapprove of vigilante justice, but none of that excuses what this POS was up to.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy in the video keeps yelling about contacting the authorities... So did they do that or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.