• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm sorry - tell me what's wrong with what he's said, because I don't see anything wrong with what he said. All he seems to have said is that everyone should be equal, which we should. What's wrong with that?
Concern trolling about somehow black supremacy taking over or something. It's really stupid, uninformed, and dismissive.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Even if he means well, he's essentially giving fuel to the #AllLIvesMatter dicks by gifting them a concerned black man to support their idea that BLM is "going too far" - It is just stupidly naive to think that he's in any way helping.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's done. What a moron. You had so much goodwill and decided you were just done with that for no reason.

Gay parents are real parents and black lives matter. Fuck you, Terry

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I'm sorry - tell me what's wrong with what he's said, because I don't see anything wrong with what he said. All he seems to have said is that everyone should be equal, which we should. What's wrong with that?

So on paper, everyone being equal sounds like a great solution! But that's not what he's doing here. He's looking at people impacted by racism, who are fighting for their right to exist without being murdered, demonized, dehumanized, and imprisoned. He's looking at those people and saying "Whoa, slow down." It's so tone deaf, even for a celebrity.

The problem isn't "everyone isn't equal" the problem is the centuries old government funded genocide of black people in this country.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, something just occurred to me. "If you are a child of God..."

What if I'm not a child of god? Am I not his sister or his brother? Like wtf. This is even worse than I thought.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
dd.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How about we get to this equality until worrying about the oppressed becoming the oppressors.

The only ones who worry about it are the oppressors. It's nice, convenient misdirection.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Terry Crews needs to take a break from Twitter. Like a long one. I don't know why he keeps kicking himself in the face like this.

CaptainQuark

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
He's done. What a moron. You had so much goodwill and decided you were just done with that for no reason.

Gay parents are real parents and black lives matter. Fuck you, Terry

This ridiculous rhetoric about having to 'cancel' anyone who doesn't conform to a certain woke standard is exactly why the right are currently winning the culture war. It's stupid and needs to stop. He's entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether or not you agree with it (which I personally don't).

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This ridiculous rhetoric about having to 'cancel' anyone who doesn't conform to a certain woke standard is exactly why the right are currently winning the culture war. It's stupid and needs to stop. He's entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether or not you agree with it (which I personally don't).
smh

Now I feel bad for entertaining your nonsense

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Focusing his concern on Black superiority when America is still what feels decades off from having a semblance of Black equity is missing the point. Not only is it missing the point, but the fact that he wants to have this discussion while people are marching for their right to not be murdered by racist cops feels entirely dismissive of the movement. It's a strawman. No one is out here arguing for Black lives to be superior.
Ah, I don't know why I assumed you were speaking in good faith. I wasted my words. Yes, you're right he can say whatever he wants, but no one here entitled to respect his viewpoint either. Enjoy the month off.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely find it hard to believe he doesn't get it. What's the problem? Are a bunch of his white friends hitting him up scared or some bullshit? I don't get it.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Focusing his concern on Black superiority when America is still what feels decades off from having a semblance of Black equity is missing the point. Not only is it missing the point, but the fact that he wants to have this discussion while people are marching for their right to not be murdered by racist cops feels entirely dismissive of the movement. It's a strawman. No one is out here arguing for Black lives to be superior.
On top of that it signal boosts a talking point for the right to latch onto, like "all lives matter"

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell? Why cant some people get its not about making them feel inferior! its about making black people feel like they even fucking matter period! We want equality, we don't have it yet! holy shit Terry Crew, you of all people should understand that.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You're such a loser.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Too many times. Had enough of this dumbass, wanted to give benefit of the doubt because B99 had actually been okay about diversity etc, but it clearly had nothing to do with Terry.

We ain't got time to go out and be Killmonger, legit we're trying to get the system to STOP SHOOTING/CHOKING/KILLING US. Christ.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
For those struggling to understand what's wrong with this, nobody fighting for BlackLivesMatter believes or fights for "BlackLivesBetter" (e.g., some sort of reverse systemic oppression of non-black people). It's the essence of a concern troll.

It's like saying, "Now, listen, I think we should recognize the Armenian Genocide, but I DON'T think that means we should say that the Jewish Holocaust didn't happen." Which suggests that some people advocating for the Armenian Genocide make that contingent on denying the HOlocaust.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Rich people just lose all touch with the kind of prejudice the average black American experiences.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
I am a Christian that does not fit in with this thought process that Terry is sharing. If you have to use the bible to break something down that is asking for real equality (for something like BLM), then forget you. I've left my church recently, won't be going back, found a pastor that is not waffling or going back on calling for equality for the BLM movement. If the new pastor/church waffles or goes back on real equality, then I'll move along.

Nobody said this so why is this dude saying such nonsence.

I am seeing it more and more within recent Christian writing (shared from the former pastor of course). It is all a distraction from what really matters, and is seriously pissing me off. I hate it when people us religion to take advantage of a situation.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There will never be an instance of black supremacy. Ever. Fear of this ultimately translates to just fear of black people getting equality. Terry Crew is a dumb cunt who feeds into this inbred mindset.

Also, the CaptainQuark guy is a dumb inbred and they know what they're doing. Don't feed it.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
Yep that's terry crews. With everything happening in the world this is what he chooses to worry about.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Does Terry actually think that BL matter will "morph" into BL better/superiority/supremacy? WTF does that even mean?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I hope he gets dumped from the new season of B99....when they all start working at a library. :D

Oct 27, 2017
The concern trolling over "black supremacy" kinda reminds me of the "Sharia takeover" handwringing from the republicans. Not based on any kind of reality and not something worth considering.

Does he genuinely believe this stuff?

OP
OP
Royalan

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The concern trolling over "black supremacy" kinda reminds me of the "Sharia takeover" handwringing from the republicans. Not based on any kind of reality and not something worth considering.

I'm struggling to think if an alternative rational for him at this point.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be the edgelord.

What's wrong with #blacklivesbetter? Lord knows black people need to be treated better than they're being treated now.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

I'll say that a lot of white people legit believe it, hence why they freak out so much about BLM and other efforts by the black community to be truly equal. Lot of white people legit believe black people wanna flip the tables and exact hundreds of years of vengeance on them for everything they've done to black people. Because, y'know, that's what they'd do if they were in their shoes.

Dunno what the hell Terry's done that he got himself swept up in that shit, but it's a damn shame regardless.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to belief that dude is not this dumb.

Like WTF is his legitimate real fear with this shit?

Just can't him seriously...

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the edgelord.

What's wrong with #blacklivesbetter? Lord knows black people need to be treated better than they're being treated now.
Nothing intrinsically wrong with it imo, but in this context it's being used to misdefine the objectives of BLM.

As an aside, I'd imagine our white power structures would sooner destroy Capitalism before letting black folks gain control and operate the levers.

thesaint08

Apr 23, 2018
Why's everyone dunking on my boy?

If he didn't say what he did, the chances of the blacks running all the top 500 companies, and having the whites in subservient jobs by the end of these protests was very real. Probably.

I expect to see his Tweet on the BBC anytime now. A voice of reason. Maybe.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
At first read I thought he meant "blacklivesbetter" like "making black lives better", like he doesn't want BLM to turn into a vaguely antiracist PR free-for-all that only afftects change for black ppl in minor ways

Wait, something just occurred to me. "If you are a child of God..."

What if I'm not a child of god? Am I not his sister or his brother? Like wtf. This is even worse than I thought.
I'm sure he would say everyone is a child of God, it's just a religious way of referring to all of humanity.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be the edgelord.

Because you're reading it as "make black lives better" and not "black lives are better than yours" like all the white people are inevitably going to read it as.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Asking for lives to "matter" is like the most innocuous, humbling request/assertion - except when this country is racist AF I guess. Who is he stannig for?