• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
It's not about being afraid of him. It's about never giving the shit he stands for a chance to expand. Like Mike Pence is a fucking clown, but being one COVID death away from being president was scary (even though losing Trump would've been a huge win for the planet).
Yeah, but people seem to treat Cotton like he's special. I constantly see his name brought up as the likely candidate for 2024 (or 2028, back before the election) and I've seen lots of comments like, "We're lucky Trump is so dumb, next time it'll be a smart fascist, like Tom Cotton".

And I don't get why. The man is a complete snoozefest. He's Mirror Mirror Al Gore. He's not the kind of person who wins presidential elections.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
O5y4.gif

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
"Panda hugger" really feels like some weird sinophobic slur he just came up with off the cuff and thought it was real clever. Cotton's been an idiot and a clown for a long time.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Oh no look at those terrible people treating endangered animals with respect and compassion

fuck off

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the blatant racism I appreciate this revisionism that Trump was somehow hard on china. After fawning over Xi for 2 years desperate for a new trade deal because Xi called Trump's tariff bullshit, Cotton -- who never reads Trump's tweets -- is now pretending that Trump's hard rhetoric in his tweets were his administration's policy.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Tom Cotton is such a fucking awful human being on nearly every front I can think of.

also doesn't trump have a bank account in china lmfao

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
That's such a dumbass hillbilly insult. Right up there with Kung Flu.

Honestly I think kung flu was way worse.

The implications of someone hugging a panda doesn't get you violently assaulted the way countless Asian Americans have in the US because of the implications of kung flu/China flu/etc.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the blatant racism I appreciate this revisionism that Trump was somehow hard on china. After fawning over Xi for 2 years desperate for a new trade deal, Cotton -- who never reads Trump's tweets -- is now pretending that Trump's hard rhetoric in his tweets were his administration's policy.
It really is amazing Trump just has to send some mean tweets to appear he's tough on china when the trade deficit is worse than ever and since they handled the virus better they've basically increased their soft power.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Tom Cotton is like the #1 name that pops out of a racist name generator.

So did he say anything about Trump's Chinese bank account and paying of taxes to Chinese government? Or about Ivanka dealing with 18 trademark requests in China that got fast tracked? No?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
thats a dog whistle right?

I've never heard 'panda hugger' used in my life, (in american politics) then combined with China...

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Every time I see Tom Cotton's name all I can think of is that hilarious town hall he did a few years back where he got booed and heckled to hell by his constituents in Arkansas over health care (https://youtu.be/KyFa4FIcDo0).

Every time he opens his mouth and says something stupid and racist I just imagine that crowd replying. I thought he would get voted out ASAP being that hated tbh and I'm completely baffled he's still in politics and more visible than ever. Guy needs to be fed to a panda.