• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
and miss the chance to grandstand about how he had the virus and still voted against the bill because of his ideals?
What are his ideals? As a us senator he has access to what I assume is great health care and is still working (or at least people need them to work now more than ever). What statement would he be making?: "I got mine, fuck you."

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

I took a picture inside the Senate GOP lunch when the door was open Friday and saw Rand Paul seated next to other senators. He is visible in this photo.

Svpmgwl.jpg

2:07 PM - Mar 22, 2020

And you know Rand is kinda known for angry rants about gubberment spending even among republicans.

If he's asymptomatic and hasn't come into contact with anyone known to have it, why was he tested?

Was thinking the same thing. Answer's obvious, though.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Without pics or a video, I kinda don't trust this bitch claiming he's fine. They will all lie and claim it's not that bad right up until we hear they have died.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
hope the turtle gets it too. scum of the Earth run to get to tested when they suspect they might have it, but give no fucks about the American people getting it.

Get fucked.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Nancy and Mitch are idiots for holding anything in person last week. The senate may as well be a nursing home.

Edit: wow, some of you seem kind of evil.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rand's not in a high risk age bracket.

A lot of the people he talks to in the Senate, however...

Oh, I'm not saying he'll die or anything. But, this shit sounds miserable for a lot of people, and I don't believe anything this fucker says.

I'd think if you really felt fine, you'd be putting up a picture or video. And looking through his twitter, it looks like he at least pretends he runs it himself, with his tweets being done in the first person. While they are claiming he's feeling fine here, he didn't even post the news to twitter himself.

Weeeeeell.... one DOES come to mind.

I can think of many evil people that deserve death. I'd rather it not be through a contagious virus, and during a massive time of crisis for the country and world. But, these people are dealing death every fucking day through their policies. We really need to stop pretending "'it's politics!" covers the bill for being evil.

Last edited:

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Are people genuinely asking why elected members of our Congress, the people we need to pass relief legislation in this time of crisis, are getting tested out of caution?

These people are in constant face to face negotiations over important things right now. Many in high risk groups. I sure hope they are getting tested.

The lack of testing for Americans is a legitimate issue, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be testing people that are crucial to the functioning of our government. Be rightfully upset at the NBA players or other wealthy people getting it before us, but not legislators.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Look, if he dies, the world won't be a worse place. In fact, it will be better. Even better if McConnell goes too.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone actually believe he's asymptomatic? Seems awfully strange for him to not know of coming in contact with anyone with the virus and not show symptoms to then be tested.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anybody deserves to be infected by this virus.

actually I disagree, there are people who definitely deserve to be isolated or gone from this world. There are lots of people who don't. But Rand Paul is one of the ones who do. How many deaths are on this mans hands for delaying coronavirus legislation, even by one more day? people with huge power have responsibilities and accountability to the destruction they cause. My family and I don't deserve this virus because we don't actively fuck over other people's lives, but GOP senators? They can all get sick for all I care. Their taxpayer funded healthcare will keep them alive anyway. It's the people who will get $30k in debt from a COVID ER visit that will suffer because of what GOP senators have failed to act upon.

McConnell doesn't want to allow remote voting, so this is what they get, and Rand deserves anything bad that could come to him.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone actually believe he's asymptomatic? Seems awfully strange for him to not know of coming in contact with anyone with the virus and not show symptoms to then be tested.
Why is it at all strange for a national legislator to be tested out of caution in a time of crisis. Laws don't pass themselves.

Every country is doing this.