• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Reminder this is the man who said social aid for the virus should be withheld for "non-people" (illegal immigrants).

He literally dated to call people "non-people", and made use of his power position as a US Senator to enforce that train of thought.

Fuck that guy

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think that someone would be justified if they shot him with a gun?

That is complicated. No, individuals shouldn't deal justice. An individual is too fallible. I might be right about Paul being evil, but what about the person I go after next, or the one after that...

I wouldn't allow myself to kill another unless they were posing an immediate threat to someone. But, I also believe that there is really no difference between murdering someone and passing laws that will result in their death, or blocking laws that will save them.

We are all hypocrites who have to decide where we draw the line on what evil we will allow. I draw my line at feeling sympathy for bad things happening to evil people.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
That is complicated. No, individuals shouldn't deal justice. An individual is too fallible. I might be right about Paul being evil, but what about the person I go after next, or the one after that...

I wouldn't allow myself to kill another unless they were posing an immediate threat to someone. But, I also believe that there is really no difference between murdering someone and passing laws that will result in their death, or blocking laws that will save them.

We are all hypocrites who have to decide where we draw the line on what evil we will allow. I draw my line at feeling sympathy for bad things happening to evil people.

I appreciate the thoughtful answer.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't cheer celebrity deaths on the basis of what they did right or wrong, and I won't cheer this.

We'll all know someone who has this in a year and the handwashing won't have mattered.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
When we're using COVID-19 to win wars or as forms of presumptive execution then we can talk. Until then being glad someone got it is ridiculous (especially considering the potential for it to spread).

in this case, to spread to other Republican politicians and rich parasites? im not gonna cry over it. especially not for Rand Paul (and his father, Ron Paul, who just recently published an article called "The Coronovirus Hoax").

we are very slowly (or maybe not so slowly...) but surely entering a time in our lives and in the life of this country where people are either going to keep clutching to the "they go low, we go high" mentality and watch as they just keep getting lower and lower to the point where we have to crawl on our bellies to keep up with the distance... or we start seeking to take more serious measures. what those might be, i cant say. but these are the people that have the power and means to continue screwing over the mass populace who essentially ACTUALLY serve to keep the country operating, and all we give to each other is "aw, lets not be mean, its cruel to wish ill upon someone no matter who they are!". im over that.

they go low? step on them.

some days, i feel like this country is going to prefer to just lie down and let itself be shot in the back of the head under the pretense of civility and "working together" (aka, "working to keep the powerful in power") because its easier and maintains an illusion of a status quo that represents some nonsensical "normalcy" (see: Biden's popularity versus Sanders), rather than fight and burn for something better.

If he's asymptomatic the whole time then he'll feel even more justified voted against it

yeah, all things considered this is the REAL worst part of all this. its not as if hes likely to learn a lesson from this or something.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
giphy.gif
Perfect.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
User Banned (1 week): Concern trolling over multiple posts; account in junior phase
Some of the takes in this the takes in this thread. My lord. Quite a few of you need therapy.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
in this case, to spread to other Republican politicians and rich parasites? im not gonna cry over it. especially not for Rand Paul (and his father, Ron Paul, who just recently published an article called "The Coronovirus Hoax").

we are very slowly (or maybe not so slowly...) but surely entering a time in our lives and in the life of this country where people are either going to keep clutching to the "they go low, we go high" mentality and watch as they just keep getting lower and lower to the point where we have to crawl on our bellies to keep up with the distance... or we start seeking to take more serious measures. what those might be, i cant say. but these are the people that have the power and means to continue screwing over the mass populace who essentially ACTUALLY serve to keep the country operating, and all we give to each other is "aw, lets not be mean, its cruel to wish ill upon someone no matter who they are!". im over that.

they go low? step on them.

some days, i feel like this country is going to prefer to just lie down and let itself be shot in the back of the head under the pretense of civility and "working together" (aka, "working to keep the powerful in power") because its easier and maintains an illusion of a status quo that represents some nonsensical "normalcy" (see: Biden's popularity versus Sanders), rather than fight and burn for something better.
Do you think Republican politicians in Congress only interact with other Republicans?

Rand Paul is a pos, but he's also a pos that interacts with politicians I actually do want to keep around.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that this wont really harm in any way and he'll use this to bolster his bullshit.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

WeLathy PwepLe ArRE JUSSt likYEy USss!

fuck this dude. I hope he has an underlying condition, or that the virus wins. Same with everyone in the GOP and everyone that aligns with them via voting. Downplaying a god damned pandemic. We had a chance to act, and none of the republicans did jack fucking shit. I'll gladly dance on their graves and turn Mavericks toward my macarennaing ass so he can see it from hell.

They are going out of their way to kill people. Fuck them all. 100% of them. No exchanges or refunds. Just a store credit coupon that tells you to eat shit and get pounded sideways.

*spit*

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
Thought and prayers for the increasing number of congress members infected by a hoax.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Reminder this is the man who said social aid for the virus should be withheld for "non-people" (illegal immigrants).

He literally dated to call people "non-people", and made use of his power position as a US Senator to enforce that train of thought.

Fuck that guy

Yep, fuck him.

The virus isn't going to pick and choose who it infects based on their citizenship. If you hypothetically only treated people who were citizens, they could still get reinfected by non-citizens who received no aid at all.

This is all fucking clown shoes.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
Not interested in the empty sanctimony. The difference between me and pieces of human shit like Rand Paul is he gets to take his hope for the suffering of others, go into work and turn it into law for hundreds of millions of people. Fuck him, hope he deeply and profoundly suffers.

Nothing empty at all. I hope everyone here is good.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You spend time finger-wagging at Rand Paul too, given all the evil he's done, or just the people here?

Rand Paul is the one who while waiting for his own results knowingly potentially infected others by using the Senate gym and pool. He's the one who is rich as hell and due to his personal riches and position in the government will have access to the highest possible medical care in the US. He's the one who has tried to hamper relief on other Americans affected by the pandemic.

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about the whole "abundance of caution" aspect is that saying that line is effectively the same as saying you don't think the test is even worth doing, but you're going to do it *anyway* for the FUCK of it. Dope, considering just how many people are going without these tests and desperately need them.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy, though. Thoughts and prayers

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
You spend time finger-wagging at Rand Paul too, given all the evil he's done, or just the people here?

Rand Paul is the one who while waiting for his own results knowingly potentially infected others by using the Senate gym and pool. He's the one who is rich as hell and due to his personal riches and position in the government will have access to the highest possible medical care in the US. He's the one who has tried to hamper relief on other Americans affected by the pandemic.

As a general rule I don't wish bad things or suffering on people. I'm not a Rand Paul supporter or fan.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
"You deserve it" clap clap clap "You deserve it" clap clap clap.

Fuck this piece of shit, oh and fuck people who fake sympathy for this piece of shit too.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I think I exhausted my concern for Rand Paul's well-being after his neighbor whooped his ass because he didn't mow his lawn enough or whatever the hell that was.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
He suspected he had coronavirus and still decided to touch gym equipment and go swimming the day he got the test results. What an assclown.