• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking bullshit. The wealthiest country in the world and we can't even pull this off. Fuck off GOP.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
People who voted for a GOP Senate got what they wanted.

I hope they the last ones to be upset about this

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
"Employees are struggling, our employers are struggling, and it's not a cure for the coronavirus to put a big new expensive federal mandate on employers who are struggling in the middle of this matter," Alexander said.

This guy is such a shit it is ridiculous.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Meanwhile Sweden effectively decided to give more money to people that call in sick.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
By not signing it, they're literally going to kill more elderly people by forcing conditions to allow it to spread more.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
These guys are going to incite violence by the aggrieved if they keep doing shit like this I fear

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are they going to do instead? From latest reporting: hope the coronavirus just goes away so they don't have to do any form of stimulus.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck these people.

It only takes one retail employee with no choice but to work while sick (no, "stay home and get fired for bad attendance and go homeless as a result" is not a valid choice) to fuck up a ton of people you assholes

Dec 6, 2017
US
Exactly how I expected the US to handle this so far. My work just sent out an email stating that working remotely will not be an option because, to paraphrase, that will open the door to everyone wanting to do that and furthermore under no circumstances will there be any closures of any kind and sick time/PTO will have to be used if one is indeed sick.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The unfortunate part is that their voter base is probably never going to learn about this because Fox News won't cover it and they'll think everyone else is just making it up.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
literally killing your constituents to own the libs

More like killing your own constituents to save your donors a buck.

The unfortunate part is that their voter base is probably never going to learn about this because Fox News won't cover it and they'll think everyone else is just making it up.

In my experience it's not that they'd think people were making it up, they just wouldn't care. A lot of people who work retail/ non-skilled jobs know that their employee doesn't give a shit about them and can't imagine things being any other way. I had conversations with people when I worked retail for a bit after high school and they'd say things like "Liberals are always just making a show advocating for things they know will never happen. As if Walmart would ever sign off on paid sick leave anyway. Get real."

They don't see things like this as their party betraying their interests, they see it as the adults in the room stopping the liberals from making unrealistic promises they can't fulfill.

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
They say it's to protect the economy (Paraphrasing) but then the economy seems to be sliding down, in part because of Trump's actions in trying to hide how bad it is, and that's making the markets even more shaky!

Rest assured, from the look of things they risk having a riot on their hands several months from now.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds that Trump says, "The democrats blocked it!" Fox repeats this, and conservatives direct their anger at Democrats?

May 26, 2018
This will blow up right in their faces.

I mean, they'll kill their constituents, but in the short term none of this matters. Their constituents will never believe that democrats tried to save their lives. So it's just down to who lives and who dies. Who survives, who remains.

Fucking atrocious-ass society we've got. God damn.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly how I expected the US to handle this so far. My work just sent out an email stating that working remotely will not be an option because, to paraphrase, that will open the door to everyone wanting to do that and furthermore under no circumstances will there be any closures of any kind and sick time/PTO will have to be used if one is indeed sick.
makes me so fucking angry. my place sent out a very lukewarm email about it as well that essentially was like 'well if you're sick stay home.... if you are well enough to work, you can request approval to wfm from your manager for that day'. this after a previous email downplaying the coronavirus basically saying 'it's just the flu, bro'

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
cool cool cool.

They say it's to protect the economy (Paraphrasing) but then the economy seems to be sliding down, in part because of Trump's actions in trying to hide how bad it is, and that's making the markets even more shaky!

Rest assured, from the look of things they risk having a riot on their hands several months from now.

It's funny that they think paid sick leave will tank the economy and not their economic policy that magically happens to tank the economy every time they get into office.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Hopefully a few Senators will get coronavirus. And once it happens to them, then they'll suddenly support bills like this.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie would do wonders to try to make this a point of discussion on Sunday's debate. Most people think Republicans are not openly the party of death, gawd knows my parents don't.

Party of fuckin' death, these diseased people are. We're really going to see a bailout for the rich and the rest of us are told to eat shit and get sick for a virus that not only is crazy infectious, but can survive for crazy long times. This virus may never leave.

Dec 6, 2017
US
makes me so fucking angry. my place sent out a very lukewarm email about it as well that essentially was like 'well if you're sick stay home.... if you are well enough to work, you can request approval to wfm from your manager for that day'. this after a previous email downplaying the coronavirus basically saying 'it's just the flu, bro'

My office is basically 75% full-blown conspiracy theory at this point. It's just the flu, they just WANT you to think it's really bad, LOL who cares I'm gonna be at work and you're a bitch if you stay home LOL...that kind of thing. Then followed by an email basically saying "yeaaaa...fuck you."

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
This will blow up right in their faces.
they consistently do this...and that never happens...

even if it "does" and they lose a ton of seats it's not like it'll last...

Hopefully a few Senators will get coronavirus. And once it happens to them, then they'll suddenly support bills like this.

you mean like when a republican congressmen got shot and changed their stance on gun rights? oh wait....