• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Congratulations on secret, fuck him over in public. Next 4 years will be certainly be interesting

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What a bunch of fucking wimps. Jesus. From the party that touts faux masculinity.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
maybe don't run cover for them on top of everything

just a thought

Remember two weeks before the election when Senator Cornyn (R-TX) revealed after 4 years that he often disagreed with the president, but chose to do so privately?

www.axios.com

GOP Sen. John Cornyn says when he disagrees with Trump, he does so "privately"

Cornyn said his relationship with Trump was "maybe like a lot of women" who "think they’re going to change their spouse."

This is our Senate majority, terrified of their party leadership and terrified of losing their seats if people see them acting without complete worship of their president and his talking points. These same Senators that Clyburn and Biden consider friends to work across the aisle with, would rather spit in their faces publicly than be seen acting like adults. Acting like a decent person *only when it's safe* means you aren't a decent person.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yep, I saw that live. They're kind of stuck. Can't break ranks, but don't want to burn bridges with Biden. Gonna be a lot of shuffling around I think.
They aren't stuck, they can just grow a spine. Mitt Romney congratulated Biden, and he's a coward in his own right. Imagine how utterly cowardly the others are lol.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's quite telling that this is the issue they fear their voters will act on. Not any one of the other shit. But this.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
If it wasn't so evil, you almost have to admire it. For a political party that espouses freedom at the expense of everything else (including their health and safety), they are so afraid to speak their mind due to the consequences their party will inflict on them.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if post inauguration, GOP leadership will be tacitly supporting investigations and lawsuits aimed at Trump in the hopes of ruining him and wresting control of that base of voters from him. That's the only solution I can see for them tbh.

He'll be at the helm of his own news network, with the GOP taking marching orders from there so they can keep the millions that would flock to such a network.
I think that was viable 4 years ago, but it's hard to imagine it working now. Both parties, along with various business leaders, will have a vested interest in ensuring it fails.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
at this point its a tactic to subdue colleagues and have them join in waving it away. heard this shit for 4 years

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You don't have to congratulate him on the record, just ask for his phone number, give him a call, and congratulate the man. This is some high school drama nonsense.

Another reminder that the republican party has transitioned to an organization that will from here on out deny the democratic process any time a republican doesn't win something. Because their base (whom we are often told can't possibly all be fascists) want fascist leaders who will seize power and install themselves for life.

Prepare for 4 years of these simpering cowards putting on a show of continually challenging the legitimacy of the Biden presidency, and loudly yelling that DONALD JOHN PRESIDENT is the shining soul of true Americans, long may he reign in exile.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how 99% of the people in this party seemed to have no backbone or even pretend to have principles once Trump became the guy.

Really exposed how pathetic and disgusting they are. They'll go along with anything if it means they can keep control for another year.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
And here is the reason why this whole unity nonsense is just that.

Republicans are too fearful to publicly congratulate Biden now, in a few months they will be too fearful to acknowledge his legitimacy, a few months after that too fearful to buck leadership and vote for some compromise legislation. And honestly why should they? People like Susan Collins learned there is literally zero consequence from voters for basically siding with Republicans on the most consequential issue and achieving nothing for four years. Republicans have acted like radical insurgents within the government for 20 years almost, and they have paid no price and the public has refused to wise up.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
pPdNZ3ch.jpg

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
These are the same completely useless fucks who'd throw their hands in the air and say "well, what're you gonna do?" if Trump declared himself god-emperor. Absolutely no business being in national leadership.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"I'm scared of standing up to Trump's supporters."
"Or you could try, I don't know, employing leadership since you were elected to help lead the nation."
"No. No, that's too scary."

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
They aren't stuck, they can just grow a spine. Mitt Romney congratulated Biden, and he's a coward in his own right. Imagine how utterly cowardly the others are lol.

All the Senators who congratulated him are safe and not vulnerable to MAGA insurrection (Collins, Romney, Murkowski, Sasse).

The other 45+ are worried about Sean Hannity moving to their state and winning a primary.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
All the Senators who congratulated him are safe and not vulnerable to MAGA insurrection (Collins, Romney, Murkowski, Sasse).

The other 45+ are worried about Sean Hannity moving to their state and winning a primary.
Oh, Collins did? Last I checked it was just Romney and Murkowski.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
They created a monster they can't control and now are at its whims. This is what happens when you spend 40+ years telling your base the media can't be trusted. Congrats you are now the party of whatever demagogue your base decides to follow. The republicans best learn to bow because Trump is their king and will be until someone else replaces him as the new king.

All I can say is fuck you because other half of the country is chained to that fuckery too.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Can we get a list of Senators who actually have congratulated Biden?
1. Romney...

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Can we get a list of Senators who actually have congratulated Biden?
1. Romney...
This is a few days old:

Susan Collins and one (yes, just one) other senator did congratulate him after that, last I heard it was just 4 senators:
thehill.com

Collins becomes fourth GOP senator to congratulate Biden

Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) on Monday became the fourth Republican senator to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden, while urging patience amid a myriad of legal challenges.”I would…
Romney, Murkowski, Collins and Sasse.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
If your voters are demanding that you stop supporting democracy, then fuck your voters. Not to mention, none of you have to worry about those voters for the next two years, at least. Imagine being a United States Senator, literally one of the most powerful people on Earth, and being this craven.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least this is the lizardesque, coward way of acknowledging defeat. Honestly the only way to see it as a positive. Still pathetic though.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of death threats from the higher ups towards him or his family, grow a fucking spine.

Oct 29, 2017
Astonishing how gutless these bastards are, yet their single-celled constituents eat their horseshit up like hot cakes and ask for seconds.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
It's not the president or the GOP leadership that's preventing them from congratulating Biden.

It's the fact that they're all fucking cowards who don't deserve to be in public office.

That's what's really stopping them.

This right here.

For real though as soon as one of them publicly grats Trump calls them out and his cult starts the infighting so they are done in GA which means they can't stonewall the Senate and Mitch knows it. The fact they are all in on it like this makes the whole party complicit, don't feel empathy for them or their crocodile tears when they have none to give and are already planning to fck us over yet again, for all to see

Last edited:

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Its working on their simple minded, brainwashed base. I get why they're doing it. Also any encouragement for their base to cheat in the future (considering they have the courts), might be their only chance to win another election