• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to repost this from another thread because it was incredibly succinct, and because a lot of people genuinely don't know...

Between Kamala and Warren, it's Kamala who has the more progressive voting record:
As someone who is not a fan of Harris due to her record as a prosecutor and AG, this is pretty much inarguable. Nearly all of the criticism of Harris as not being progressive enough comes from her record prior to being elected to Congress. Her congressional record is definitely progressive, and much better than Klobuchar's.

I've kind of accepted her being VP at this point. At any rate she is far more progressive than Biden and hopefully will pull him further left. As critical as I am of her, I would've preferred her be the candidate over Biden, Buttigieg, or Klobuchar.

Nov 13, 2017
Klob is a team player. She would not have said that without coordinating it with the Biden campaign, or more likely, being asked to say it directly.
I very much believe this is the case. Biden has probably already chosen Kamala and wants the other candidates to publicly warm people up for the announcement with stuff like this.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Biden campaign gave her the graceful exit.

EDIT: Y'all aren't realizing that this is pretty much done and dusted at this point. Klobuchar getting to say she withdrew and claim to have input on the final decision is Biden's campaign giving her her dues for her endorsement in the primary.

It's pretty much this.

This means a decision has been made, and they have a choice and Biden is giving courtesy to key allies to allow them to bow out.

Giving Klob some say in the VP race rewards Klob with her help in Minnesota and early endorsements.

They also do this right before naming a new football coach, everyone gets to 'withdraw' consideration.

Also agree with the person who said Klob is a team player, Biden told Klob it is going to be Harris, hell, Warren likely also knows and will also withdraw, citing much work to be done in the senate and also call for a PoC.

Last edited:

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Disappointing, but this was cooked in the books even before Floyd's murder.

Klobuchar was the pick for a race where Trump was running even or worse and Biden wasn't pulling in the 2018 white suburban vote. Klobuchar would be needed to drag in the Midwest and try to reduce Trump's EC advantage by even the smallest of margins. The race has never been like that since Biden won the nomination, instead what we have is a very stable base of support that looks a lot like, if not expanded some, from 2018. So you need to ensure that the key parts of the base have equity in the party's ticket, so everyone feels represented and excited to vote and not only doing so out of terror of a Trump second term.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance. Will never understand how vapid candidates like here and Pete even had a pulse in this election cycle, and how she somehow survived even passed the central POTUS race.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the biggest thing from this is that she believes a woman of Color should be VP, that should be in the title

Mar 18, 2020
Yeah I'm actually kinda surprised at the Harris support here. Like, when you speak to some black people the first thing they say about her, is that she's a cop. Hell there was even a funny daily show thing that even did that. First thing that guy said, "She da police."

ha ha very representative

Some of you need to interact with more people in general and more black people in particular.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Harris has this in the bag. Thank God.

Warren needs to stay in the senate. No point even taking that risk.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm actually kinda surprised at the Harris support here. Like, when you speak to some black people the first thing they say about her, is that she's a cop. Hell there was even a funny daily show thing that even did that. First thing that guy said, "She da police."
We're not a monolith.

Kamala is the best choice, at this point in time. From being submerged in online rhetoric so long, I was actually shocked to learn that she's the most progressive woman in the senate (beating Warren).

And even against her history as DA, she supports restructuring public safety, just like Warren. (The only reason I think neither woman have touted the "Defund the Police" line, is because they realize it's political kryptonite).

She also has the benefit of having seen the other side of the system, so she would not have shitty police chiefs questioning her credentials.

Was I team Warren all through the primaries? Yes. Did I hope she would snag VP? Yes. But right now, it doesn't make sense to not choose Harris, and I'm pretty cool with it.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris just comes off as fake to me. Don't think she would actually fight for people if she becomes VP. She also showed incredibly bad instincts during her presidential run. Remember her classic hits like the line "dude gotta go" and how she went on non stop in a debate about Trump's twitter account being deleted?

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Picking Harris, with everything going on right now, would be the most insanely stupid thing he could do.
With everything going on right now, Harris has been doing better than ever with the public at large. She's had a great spotlight in the current conversations through the lynching bill and she even managed the impossible for a Democrat: give a good response when questioned on Defund the Police by actually contextualizing the issue instead of stupidly getting reflexive over the wording of the phrase.

Harris doesn't have anywhere near the level of disdain that the online bubbles think she does, and she's got a much more progressive record than these people give her credit for. Like I'm frustrated that Warren's essentially out of the picture here (and god Klobb delivering that message is infuriating) but the case that Harris is a liability is just incredibly weak, especially as we're turning to the general election.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
We're not a monolith.

Kamala is the best choice, at this point in time. From being submerged in online rhetoric so long, I was actually shocked to learn that she's the most progressive woman in the senate (beating Warren).

And even against her history as DA, she supports restructuring public safety, just like Warren. (The only reason I think neither woman have touted the "Defund the Police" line, is because they realize it's political kryptonite).

She also has the benefit of having seen the other side of the system, so she would not have shitty police chiefs questioning her credentials.

Was I team Warren all through the primaries? Yes. Did I hope she would snag VP? Yes. But right now, it doesn't make sense to not choose Harris, and I'm pretty cool with it.
Did i say that we're a monolith?

My personal opinion is that I'm not in favor of her and know others that are worried about her background.

Atleast explain yourself...

I mean....looking at the climate now with the call for police reform, and then look at her record as attorney general. It's one of the main reasons i do not think she will be a good pick, especially since we already know biden is already iffy on the subject.

Things like how her office responded with overcrowding in ca jails. They mention a loss in labor, she claims she wasn't aware of that. If true...that's also not a good look. Also with how her office dealt with wrongfully convicted people's appeals. Daniel Larson's case in particular, but not something new for her office. Her appeal after a judge deemed the death penalty unconstitutional. Which...she didn't have to do. Then there was the resistance to hold police accountable for shootings.

I'm not saying she's a horrible person, and hasn't done any type of reform. As that would be a lie. However, things like the above make me less than willing to trust her.

End of the day, she isn't my first choice. But if selected, i will support the ticket.

Is that enough of an explanation for you?

Last edited:

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
At some point the left has to ask if they want to win, or if they want to be right. I want to fucking win, this has always been my argument. Warren is my preferred choice, but it seems progressives just really don't resonate with actual voters at this point in history (or at least progressive candidates. The actual progressive policies poll extremely well).

Harris brings a lot to the table. She has a messy history as a lawyer, but she has been an amazing senator. I'm good with her.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm as progressive as it comes on social issues and am liberal on fiscal issues, Bernie was 1A for me, Warren was 1B. But this is absolutely a time where a black woman needs to be on the ticket.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Harris probably has this thing on lock and might have had it for some time. Aside from being a WoC, she also has personal chemistry with Biden that he doesn't share with Warren. (and he's mentioned that having a personal rapport was a factor for him) While I would pay to see Warren nail Mike Pence to the wall in a debate like she did with Bloomberg, I also like to remind myself that Harris reduced Bill Barr to a stammering mess during his confirmation hearings and I have faith in her ability to go full prosecutor on Pence until he's crying for mother.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
At some point the left has to ask if they want to win, or if they want to be right. I want to fucking win, this has always been my argument. Warren is my preferred choice, but it seems progressives just really don't resonate with actual voters at this point in history (or at least progressive candidates. The actual progressive policies poll extremely well).

Harris brings a lot to the table. She has a messy history as a lawyer, but she has been an amazing senator. I'm good with her.

I think winning is, obviously, the most important step in righting this ship. But I'm quite tired of my community helping people into office and then getting the shaft from them once they get there. I think we more than deserve to have our cake and eat it too, for once, and i can't help but question whether a Biden-Harris ticket will get us there.

I'll give her credit, her record as a senator is much better.

All That said, Biden-Harris is undeniably better than four more years of Trump.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Cool. I mean we really need a black woman vice president if not a president. It's long past time. If she wants to throw herself on her sword great. I feel like Harris or Rice was the correct choice from go anyway.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Klobuchar the only candidate who felt the need to leak her inclusion in the list initially, and then make a formal announcement that shes "dropping out" when her record in Hennepin County already did that for her. I appreciate the public sentiment that we need more black leadership and to put pressure on Biden to deliver, but the cynic in me sees a politician that wants to position themselves as a kingmaker with influence and block a progressive challenger if they can't have the job they wanted.