• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
That was the case for a while but those numbers have shifted lately. Though also easy to see why: Kamala has been doing a lot of press lately and her profile is growing while Warren's has understandably shrunken since suspending her campaign.

And not only is it press, she's putting heat on the power structures Black Americans want drastically re-imagined.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she's trying to save face.

(Harris wouldn't make a bad AG if she isn't the VP nominee.)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
That was the case for a while but those numbers have shifted lately. Though also easy to see why: Kamala has been doing a lot of press lately and her profile is growing while Warren's has understandably shrunken since suspending her campaign.
kamala was also able to make herself more visible (along with booker) during all this anti-lynching bill rand paul holdout bullshit

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Going to repost this from another thread because it was incredibly succinct, and because a lot of people genuinely don't know...

Between Kamala and Warren, it's Kamala who has the more progressive voting record:

Wanted to post some sites that address the "who is the most progressive" question.

Some people had mentioned it, and though it may be surprising, Kamala Harris is usually ranked as more progressive/liberal than Warren.

On GovTrack, Harris is ranked as the #1 most liberal senator, followed by Bernie at #2. Warren is #26:
www.govtrack.us

Report Cards for 2019 - Ideology Score - All Senators - GovTrack.us

Year-end 2019 legislative statistics.

On ProgressivePunch, Harris is ranked the 2nd most liberal, and Warren is the 5th:

ProgressivePunch: Senate Members by score / All issues

ProgressivePunch is a searchable database of Congressional voting records, from a Progressive perspective.

So I think this notion that Harris is not "progressive enough" is unfortunate, because her voting record certainly suggests otherwise.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
485284.jpg

they had serious chemistry whenever Harris wasn't busy trying to rip his throat out. She probably has this on lock.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Its probably just me but the whole copmala seems very racist. When I hear it I hear "She's not really black she's white (cop)" but hey what do I know?

Im black. I certainly dont have any issues with her race. I do have issue with her record of positively reinforcing systematic racism.... like a cop.

I'm not cool with using her racial background as plot armor

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
And not only is it press, she's putting heat on the power structures Black Americans want drastically re-imagined.
kamala was also able to make herself more visible (along with booker) during all this anti-lynching bill rand paul holdout bullshit
That's the thing about now vs. the primaries. She was plainly not that comfortable talking about healthcare policy or tax plans. Racial justice and criminal justice reform are her sweet spots, and it shows: she's much more fired up, much more organic sounding, talking about George Floyd, talking about BLM, talking about police reform, talking about her anti-lynching bill than talking about a "3am agenda." And that sincerity rubs off on people who are watching.

they had serious chemistry whenever Harris wasn't busy trying to rip his throat out. She probably has this on lock.
You only hurt the ones you love!

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Harris or Warren at this point. But Harris is a cop and I think that will hurt her chances.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I want Warren. But the climate says Harris all the way. It should be in stone by now with how much momentum the climate has given it.

I absolutely do not like Harris when put beside a choice that includes Warren, but I wanted Warren over Biden. Im not going to complain about not getting everything perfect at this point, that shit sailed anyway.

Cold blooded to kneecap Warren like this on her way out though. Damn, lol.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Bye Klob. I prefer Warren, but I'm fine with Kamala if she gets it and helps Biden's chances.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Klob didn't go rogue and sink Warren's chances. That's ridiculous. She was either cleared to say it or told to say it.

All this tells me is the Biden campaign has made a choice, and that means Harris.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
In case anyone is wondering about the origin of this beef:

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017
All this tells me is the Biden campaign has made a choice, and that means Harris.

Part of me thinks it was only ever Kamala Biden considered. She's progressive, a WoC, and relatively young by political age with the legislative credentials to back up her progressiveness. That's a pretty good triangle to be in.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
According to reports, she's been out of the running for at least a week now, so, a petty move on her part towards Warren.

I guess they let each VP candidate announce it themselves if the fact they were on the short list becomes too publicly known.

BUT, being kinder to Klob, it could also mean Warren has taken herself out of the list or is out and it's almost a done deal that it's Kamala, and this is a clever coordination between the veepstakes.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
According to reports, she's been out of the running for at least a week now, so, a petty move on her part towards Warren.

I guess they let each VP candidate announce it themselves if the fact they were on the short list becomes too publicly known.

BUT, being kinder to Klob, it could also mean Warren has taken herself out of the list or is out and it's almost a done deal that it's Kamala, and this is a clever coordination between the veepstakes.

Klob is a team player. She would not have said that without coordinating it with the Biden campaign, or more likely, being asked to say it directly.

mugurumakensei

Oct 25, 2017

This is likely the case, and I think Warren probably pulled herself out. That said, I'm also pretty certain everyone knew from the beginning a woman of color was the most likely choice with Harris at the top

eh nvm per the above tweet, it's 100% the case

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Klob is a team player. She would not have said that without coordinating it with the Biden campaign, or more likely, being asked to say it directly.
As much as I don't care for her as a candidate, she is definitely this. She knows when it's time to tow the party line or get the fuck outta the way. I can at least respect that about her.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
Warren is the right choice, but dems seems physically incapable of making the right choice lately, so it'll be Harris.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Makonero Also Heroically Steps Down From Being Considered For Biden's VP; Encourages Biden To Pick Someone Great

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

This is likely the case, and I think Warren probably pulled herself out. That said, I'm also pretty certain everyone knew from the beginning a woman of color was the most likely choice with Harris at the top

eh nvm per the above tweet, it's 100% the case

Yeap. Looks like it's going to be Harris (or, you know, Demmings or Bottom, but we all know which is the more likely choice).

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Going to repost this from another thread because it was incredibly succinct, and because a lot of people genuinely don't know...

Between Kamala and Warren, it's Kamala who has the more progressive voting record:

Thanks for the repost. Seriously though, for anyone concerned about Harris, especially compared to Warren, she is ranked as one of the most (if not the most) progressive senators based on her voting record.

Worth pointing out, because people seem to frequently assume Warren is the only progressive choice

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
The only real downside, and it is a big downside, is that Harris is less trusted amongst the more leftist progressives and especially young people. And Biden needs to win over more young people. Warren gets the most young people out of all the VP choices.

However Harris is still generally well liked so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Im black. I certainly dont have any issues with her race. I do have issue with her record of positively reinforcing systematic racism.... like a cop.

I'm not cool with using her racial background as plot armor
Yeah I'm actually kinda surprised at the Harris support here. Like, when you speak to some black people the first thing they say about her, is that she's a cop. Hell there was even a funny daily show thing that even did that. First thing that guy said, "She da police."