• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Val Demmings would be a good choice. Former cop, but one of the more vocal faces in the impeachment. Having met her she's a very nice person to boot.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well we already knew she wasn't gonna get picked, but it's still good to directly hear her drop out lol

Didn't expect her to try and hurt Warren's chances on the way out though. Well, expected Harris regardless anyhow

OP
OP
T0M

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Is Minnesota really a toss up at this point? It feels like having her as VP seems less and less important.

I think Kamala is the one, though.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Withdrawing from something we all knew she wasn't in contention for to use the spotlight and basically say "don't pick Warren."

Goddammit Klob.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Biden campaign gave her the graceful exit.

EDIT: Y'all aren't realizing that this is pretty much done and dusted at this point. Klobuchar getting to say she withdrew and claim to have input on the final decision is Biden's campaign giving her her dues for her endorsement in the primary.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This is the most appropriate use of this gif yet:

giphy.webp

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Val Demmings would be a good choice. Former cop, but one of the more vocal faces in the impeachment. Having met her she's a very nice person to boot.

According to a 2015 article in The Atlantic, the Orlando Police Department "has a long record of excessive-force allegations, and a lack of transparency on the subject, dating back at least as far as Demings's time as chief."[10] A 2008 Orlando Weekly exposé described the Orlando Police Department as "a place where rogue cops operate with impunity, and there's nothing anybody who finds himself at the wrong end of their short fuse can do about it."[11] Demings responded with an op-ed in the Orlando Sentinel, arguing that "Looking for a negative story in a police department is like looking for a prayer at church" and added that "It won't take long to find one." In the same op-ed, she cast doubt on video evidence that conflicts with officers' statements in excessive force cases, writing, "a few seconds (even of video) rarely capture the entire set of circumstances."[10]

In 2010, an Orlando police officer flipped 84-year-old Daniel Daley over his shoulder after the man became belligerent, throwing him to the ground and breaking a vertebra in his neck.[12] Daley alleged excessive force and filed a lawsuit. The police department cleared the officer as "justified" in using a "hard take down" to arrest Daley, concluding he used the technique correctly even though he and the other officer made conflicting statements. Demings said "the officer performed the technique within department guidelines" but also said that her department had "begun the process of reviewing the use of force policy and will make appropriate modifications." A federal jury ruled in Daley's favor and awarded him $880,000 in damages.

Demings retired from her position as chief of OPD effective June 1, 2011, after serving with the OPD for 27 years.

She's a bastard just like the rest of them, I'll pass.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I would like to formally announce that I am also withdrawing myself from contention for the position

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds 2 fold. One she was rejected. Two she was told Biden's likely choices, and she and the Biden campaign agreed to use her withdrawing herself as a signal to who the finalists are.

99% chance it's Harris at this point.
Women of Color - Check
Progressive - Check much as some likes to argue otherwise she's one of the most progressive Dems in the Senate
Like-able personality - Mostly check

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Still a huge fan of Susan Rice and I would support Harris on the ticket too.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is Minnesota really a toss up at this point? It feels like having her as VP seems less and less important.

I think Kamala is the one, though.
Klob would've been a choice for a strategy of doubling down on Biden's midwest appeal, but that seems pretty unnecessary at this point. If Biden is in danger of losing Minnesota, then he's already on track to lose several other states that'll cost him the EC anyway.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Its probably just me but the whole copmala seems very racist. When I hear it I hear "She's not really black she's white (cop)" but hey what do I know?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this isn't what i saw last week, but this poll did come out recently:

www.forbes.com

Panel Of Democratic Voters Shows Support For Kamala Harris As VP

A majority said they prefer a woman of color as nationwide protests against racism have resulted in sweeping changes.

The poll of 2,240 Democratic primary voters, conducted by Monmouth University between June 1 and June 9, found that 28% said they would like to see Biden pick Harris
Biden's other primary opponents were also popular, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) preferred by 13% and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) preferred by 12%
The poll represents a departure from April, before the George Floyd protests, when polls generally showed Warren favored as part of a desire to see a progressive balance out the ticket and win over Sanders voters.

monmouth polls are rated A+ on 538

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Its probably just me but the whole copmala seems very racist. When I hear it I hear "She's not really black she's white (cop)" but hey what do I know?

Not all of it, there was some genuine critique of her record. But a LOT of it was low-key racist.

A lot of it was in sync with the "she's half Jamaican and Indian, so she's not REALLY Black" #ADOS bullshit.

Mar 3, 2019
Klobuchar really overestimated her political capital. Didn't win nomination, didnt get VP, couldnt even take her own state in the primaries. In the words of a Minnesotan, oooooofta

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I read a poll on here a week or two ago that black voters preferred Warren on the whole.
That was the case for a while but those numbers have shifted lately. Though also easy to see why: Kamala has been doing a lot of press lately and her profile is growing while Warren's has understandably shrunken since suspending her campaign.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You can't fi-

Ah I see that's already been covered. Anyway good riddance.