• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
When you're so lazy to stir the cup by yourself..

At least this cup doesn't need power to stir, it's generated by hot water.

Given that all they apparently did was shape the bottom of the cup a particular way, that's not laziness. It's ingenuity. If we called every clever design improvement laziness the wheel wouldn't exist.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Flexible-Phone-Holder-Lazy-Neck-Hanging-Cellphone-Waist-Desk-Selfie-Stand-Holder-Mount-Bracket-for-iPhone-1.jpg

It's completely flexible so it can be balanced to prop up or rebalanced for when I'm laying down. And no I don't know why that guy's face has been badly blurred, lol
If your bedframe or side table can hold a goose neck I don't know why on Earth anyone would use that thing.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Target by my house recently added special numbered parking spots where you pull up and some poor employee has to bring out your online purchase to your vehicle.

Like either shop online or shop in a store. If youmust, walk into the store and go to the in store pickup desk. This halfassed commitment crap is for the birds

I work at a target right now and have to do this pretty frequently as they don't actually have specific staff for it. The most infuriating aspect of it has been people who inexplicably don't understand that they have to open the app and notify the store that they've arrived. Several times a week someone will angrily call and complain that they've been sitting in the parking lot for ten minutes, and then I have to walk them through the process. That usually just makes them angrier.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, it could be useful in a restaurant or caterer setting if it saves time and energy for other tasks.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
tbf stands for use in bed are great because you've not known pain until you drop your phone (or in my case on a couple occasions, a Vita) on your damn face.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. R&D aside, I'd imagine that this would probably cut down on waste over time, assuming the cup is made to last, is washable, etc.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Target by my house recently added special numbered parking spots where you pull up and some poor employee has to bring out your online purchase to your vehicle.

Like either shop online or shop in a store. If youmust, walk into the store and go to the in store pickup desk. This halfassed commitment crap is for the birds

That's on Target, though, for not having everything available online that's available to be pulled in the store.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cars are up there. They're wantonly destructive, bad for our health, cause numerous deaths each year, etc. But last century humans were so hell bent on profit driven conveniences that they designed our cities around them anyways.

Oct 28, 2017
I work at a target right now and have to do this pretty frequently as they don't actually have specific staff for it. The most infuriating aspect of it has been people who inexplicably don't understand that they have to open the app and notify the store that they've arrived. Several times a week someone will angrily call and complain that they've been sitting in the parking lot for ten minutes, and then I have to walk them through the process. That usually just makes them angrier.

As a frequent Target shopper, I would like to apologize on behalf of my peers.

I'm so sorry

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I misread this as "cats" at first.
I mean I got issues with cats too. They're a novelty pet that serves little practical purpose, and meanwhile they're decimating bird populations. I'm solidly on the "keep your cats indoors or get them a loud collar" train now. Never thought I'd say that, but it's necessary.

So yes, cats.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of them also sell electric toothbrushes...

Anyways, I think this trend all started with this lazy sack of shit:

...most of them make the majority of their money off of people who don't brush properly.

Electric toothbrushes make brushing dummy-proof. Any older dentist will tell you that their number of fillings and root canals have gone down since electric toothbrushes became mainstream.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Yeah that sucks. How long do you have to pull the items?

That Super Store episode where their version of Walmart started this off was horrific (in a funny way, of course).

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this is peak laziness but buying precut fruit at the grocery store is just fucking dumb. You're paying a premium for something you can do at home for much less.

Somebody pointed out to me once that it is a blessing for people with certain disabilities that prevent them from working with knives.

But true, for us abled people it is peak laziness/decadence

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to remind this thread that a lot of you people are being really disgustingly ableist.

Also, you might want to do some research into what modern psychology has to say about the concept of "laziness".

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
I was going to blast that cup, saying that stirring sticks are just as effective and less lazy, but stir sticks create waste, so just do it with a spoon, but then you have to wash the spoon and waste water...

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Product in the OP is a lot better than the title makes it. The fact it doesn't use any batteries/electricity justifies it's existence.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That is a really cool invention and seems to be environmentally friendly at the same time. What's the problem?

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I mean, I always use a plastic spoon or knife from the work kitchen to stir my coffee, so this looks like it would actually save some waste (or I could just use a metal utensil).

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love when I'm holding my phone above my face and i drop it on my face. it's a uniquely stupid moment.