• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
My family and most of my friends now are staying at home, on Government advice, so we're turning to technology to keep everyone social!

A couple of my friends and I had a blast running through The Division 2 on Ps4 recently, which mostly was an opportunity to chat shit whilst shooting baddies in the background. I really enjoyed our time with it.

Now more of my friends are isolating and dusting off their consoles, we've started the Handsome Collection (my 3rd playthroughs of BL2) and it's also been great to introduce new people to the best Shlooter.

I wanted to use this as a space for people to give their anecdotes on good times had recently with online games and isolated friends (Co op or adversarial) and also to give recommendations!

I am also going to recommend Gang Beasts, Tower fall Ascension and Overcooked 2 for anyone who wants to recreate couch Co op online, both are easy to play and very fun with a group you know!

Can anyone recommend me any good games for four(ish) people on PS4? Like, is Ghost Recon any good? How different is BL3? Is there another Indie game we're missing out on?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV is a legendary timesink, and the community is genuinely nice in my experience. Plus, the first 10ish hours really suck and they'd go quicker with friends.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Funny, I'd not even thought about MMOs, I wouldn't have thought about those as a choice. How much is the subscription these days?
Like 15€ I think? When you buy the game you get a free month, and if you want you can download a trial that lets you play until level 20?30? without time constraints (but some other constraints do exist).

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Whatever list you come up with, consider Steam Remote Play as an option to share local-multi fare with ppl on your friends list. It's not ideal for twitchy fare like Towerfall, but silly party fare like Gang Beasts is cheaper to share with friends this way. (Meaning, you only have to buy one copy, then three other people connect to your rig and join in as if they were gamepads in your house.)

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The trial sounds pretty good, as I'm not sure how quickly we could run through an MMO together. I think we'll give it a try!
Awesome! Keep in mind the base game's main story is pretty much absolute trash, it'll be a grind. If you ever reach the expansions though, I hear it gets really good