• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How should I Sekiro?

• Shura

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Immortal Severance

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Purification

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Dragon’s Homecoming

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Uninstall

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I generally only play through these types of games once and I'm nearing where you would choose. I know the general nature of the paths from the wiki. I also generally don't go for the optional extra hard bosses but Purification ending seems good. But the idea of an extra-hard Hirata Estate with Omega Owl seems like it could be tedious. I'm definitely not going to do Shura because I'm a good boy. And Dragon's Homecoming seems weird because it appears very separate from the main thrust of the game.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite ending is when you side with Owl, so I'd beat the game however you'd like, and then replay it, and join Owl. Two unique boss fights as well.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
For the record, you can "unlock" every ending in the game by playing normally, except Shura. In other words, you technically choose the ending after the final boss and which of the three options you have available will be determined by what you did beforehand. So you can fight "Omega Owl" (lol) and still choose any ending. Shura is the only one that locks you into a specific path and prevents you from seeing the rest of the game.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Dragon's Homecoming feels like it's the "true" ending, or at least the one that's most likely to be used if we get a sequel.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Purification. Hirata v2 is really good and has one of the best bosses

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Shura does have a unique set of bosses so you may wanna check that out too.

Purification also does.

Best ending probably goes for Dragon's Homecoming

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i actually don't love the dragon's homecoming ending. i think that, narratively, it's a bit of a cop-out. my favorites are the purification ending and the shura ending

if you're going to only play the game once, do purification or dragon's homecoming since they let you see more content. my favorite ending is probably the shura ending though. i would very highly recommend a quick second playthrough to get the shura ending. it's so badass, and the bosses unique to it are really good

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Purification fit the characters much better than any of the other endings.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
What I wouldn't have given for *an* ending to that game. I was not good at it. First From game I didn't finish.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Purification has some great bosses and imo the best ending. The actual "best" ending, Dragon's homecoming, is pretty tedious to do.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Dragon's Homecoming but make sure to do everything involved in the Purification path too since it has a really cool boss.