• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Congrats to FromSoftware!
I'm about in the middle I think. Wish I had more time to play it.

Wonder how many of them met this fate.

D3y0vWnX4AEJXzQ.jpg

Haha.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing other members and history of system wars
Can't wait till BB2 is announced, the salt will be glorious.

Considering the 5 or 6 posts you've already got replies from that pose extreme retaliation towards what you wrote... I hope Bloodborne 2 releases soon.

The potential for pure sodium entertainment is at an all time high with a Bloodborne 2 announcement.

JKMmIu3.png

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Personally, selfishly, I'd rather have From work on games with co-op, but it's still great for a quality single player game like this to find success.

Sekiro is still #1 on STEAM GLOBAL SELLER chart

04RkLls.png
It has been #1 globally pretty much continuously since release.

Using my 100% reliable** review-count-based estimation method, I can say that at least 700000 of those sales were of the PC/Steam version.
** "100% reliable" means that it so far was never wrong when we actually got numbers. Which is rare.

By the way:
This is all without any intrusive DRM. Someone tell publishers.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Congrats to From!
I've said it before but I wonder what the long term perception of this game will look like. The discussion around it has been quite strange.
Would as many people show up for a sequel? Not hating on it or anything, just genuinely wondering.

Although last I checked the trophy for beating the final boss was at 10 % of players which seems pretty good since the game was released only a few weeks ago.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the 5 or 6 posts you've already got replies from that pose extreme retaliation towards what you wrote... I hope Bloodborne 2 releases soon.

The potential for pure entertainment is at an all time high with a Bloodborne 2 announcement.

FROM and Sony have a really great relationship. I can see it happening. It's all up to Miyazaki.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My room mate who never picked up a From game grabbed this and after thinking Dark Souls would be too hard has been working his way through faster than me. Glad it's doing well for them, and the trickle down to older titles will probably pick up as well since he's looking into grabbing bloodbourne now too.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm enjoying it immensely though I've taken the approach of playing this at my own pace and backing off when I get burnt out on ass-whippings.

There's room for improvement but the game is absolutely top notch.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
They're getting bigger yall. Each of their games has sold better than the last. I wonder who the first pub will be to give them a blank check so they can go wild.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
The question was if being owned by a main company could restreint them from being published by another one.
The answer is no, exclusives or not, despite your will to not see a Bloodborne or a Demon's Soul sucessor.

I never wrote them being bought will result in no future exclusives. Do you honestly believe kadokawa bought them to have them work on big projects that end up stuffing the pockets of another publisher?

Oct 25, 2017

The potential for pure sodium entertainment is at an all time high with a Bloodborne 2 announcement.

JKMmIu3.png
People are more annoyed at the Bloodborne 2 beggars in every From Software discussion than at the idea of playing Bloodborne 2. I bet there would be just general excitement in the announcement thread, maybe a bit of worry about the story, since the first wrapped up so beautifully, but I can't see a lot of salt at all.

Can't imagine kids posting left and right in Bloodborne 2 threads saying they wish it was Dark Souls 4 or Sekiro 2 instead, like Bloodborne diehards do.

And Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time, but that part of the fanbase is extremely annoying.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
good on 'em

unlike most physical copies of games i buy, i'm keeping sekiro in anticipation of excellent dlc

and yes, this combat system is too good a foundation to not expand on it in a sequel or two. sekiro's commercial success confirms we'll be getting more, which i am totally thankful for

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Deserved. The game is fantastic! Best From game along with Bloodborne.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sekiro is selling at a slightly faster pace than DMC5 (it sold 2 million in 2 weeks), but I'm glad to see both games succeed.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I liked Sekiro, I find Dark Souls to be far far more fun to me with the build variety and multiplayer. Hope this doesn't cause them to throw away MP for future titles.