• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions!

• GOAT

Votes: 131 8.4%
  • 95-99

Votes: 63 4.0%
  • 90-94 (As good as Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2)

Votes: 680 43.4%
  • 85-90 (As good as Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 & Demon's Souls)

Votes: 598 38.2%
  • Below 85

Votes: 94 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Niiiiiice.

Also, about what I expected.

Remember that concern thread about Activision not sending out early review copies? That aged like fine wine.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to play sekiro on PC with cheat engine... (this was the only way I could get through most of nioh)

Glad the game is great!

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Off topic, but can Resetera give us a tick box option to hide polls on threads like this, they're always super annoying at the top of every single page (or maybe even restrict them to the first page or something).

Jul 20, 2018
I'm thinking of traversing the world. Or do you run around and jump into action with little thought?

Looks like that would get you killed quickly unless you're good. There are stealth elements but even that looks much faster than most stealth games.

You have a grappling hook and can get around very quickly with it.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit... I'm finally hyped for this game. I half expected this to be a slight misstep for From but nope... apparently they did it again. What a goddamn fantastic studio!

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I hate this gen:
Quality game after a quality game, my backlog is getting bigger and i am not able to keep up with all these awesome games, look at my road map:

2018 (played and beat)
Resident evil 7
Nier automata (platinum)
Persona 5 (platinum)
Street fighter 5
Street fighter collection
Horizon + DLC (platinum)

God of war (currently playing)
Dragon quest xi (pending)
Kingdom hearts 3 (pending)
Residebt evil 2 (pending)
Devil may cry 5 (pending)
Sekiro (pending)

Old backlog
Last guardian
Nioh
Resident evil zero

Fuck!!!!

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't look at most of these website due to a work filter. Any word on rough amount of hours to completion?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It's 92 on OpenCritic. Meta suffers the usual "which platform is which" and weird weighting.

Open has been, for a while now, the superior aggregate service.
Yep, been exclusive to OpenC once I started the Fantasy League thing... it's much cleaner and nicer. I hate the divided Metacritic thing.

(My league is losing hard though)

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me? Almost immediately. The game? We've heard anywhere between 20-50 hours.
Perfect, thanks! That's roughly what I was hoping for. Should be able to finish it before Days Gone comes out, though I do tend to take my time with FROM's games. Recently replayed Bloodborne and Dark Souls plus their DLCs. Bloodborne was 60 hours and Dark Souls was 70, and I've played both games a fucking lot.

I'll definitely be at the higher end for Sekiro too, I assume.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
no no no, i just subbed to gamefly and want to resist having to play this now...........fuck me, why did it have to score so good and the impressions being off the chart

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it was at 91 this morning, at 89 right now on MC. Unless more places tank it, ~ 89-90 MC looks like the final score.
It's only gotten a fraction of what will eventually be its final reviews (11 out of ~70-80 for a game of this scale). The game looks great but it's way too early for people to count their chicks before they hatch.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's only gotten a fraction of what will eventually be its final reviews (~70-80 for a game of this scale). The game looks great but it's way too early for people to count their chicks before they hatch.

The reviews are split up among 3 platforms. It's not at all indicative of an actual aggregate.

Please people: if you're going to use an aggregate, use an actual aggregate.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The reviews are split up among 3 platforms. It's not at all indicative of an actual aggregate.

Please people: if you're going to use an aggregate, use an actual aggregate.
Which one is more important to the devs and 90% of the people? Metacritic or opencritic? The answer should be obvious

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
If i am aware my LG C7 does 120hz doesn't it..................in 1080p, but still seems like the best way to play it for me with HDR.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
Can you give us a quote so I can add it to the OP?

Sure!

"Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice might not give birth to a new genre as FROM Software did with the Souls series, but it's fresh constituent components sure make it feel that way. It's not only a testament for hardcore players and Souls fans alike, but also a game that will be remembered as a classic of this generation -and without a doubt a strong 2019 GOTY contender".

Last edited: